Well Here i Go m8's

Heh, kiss it goodbye I used to game for, oh, minimum 4-5 hours a day before I got engaged - I'm happy to get 1.5-2 hours every other day now.

What I found helps is if you can do your gaming and be in the same room with her - ie. laptop, or in my case, extra long monitor cable + wireless keyboard & mouse

Cheers!

Guest Remo Williams

I tryed the second computer idea. She took it with her when she left me at least. I've been fighting her for the house and a equal division of the property since march. Good luck!!

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Dredd:

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

I tryed the second computer idea. She took it with her when she left me at least. I've been fighting her for the house and a equal division of the property since march. Good luck!!

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like it sucked bad.

We've been married for 16 years so you could say that. It appears to be far from over at this point. She won't budge and inch on what she wants, and I'm not willing to just walk away from half of my lifes work.

The point to this is though her main complaint was I didn't spend any time with her or my kids. That I kept my nose buried in my PC when I came home. Well with the nature of my business I didn't have much choice. It put food on the table and cloths on our backs. Except for the time I spent beta testing. LOL!

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Dredd:

quote:

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like it sucked bad.

We've been married for 16 years so you could say that. It appears to be far from over at this point. She won't budge and inch on what she wants, and I'm not willing to just walk away from half of my lifes work.

The point to this is though her main complaint was I didn't spend any time with her or my kids. That I kept my nose buried in my PC when I came home. Well with the nature of my business I didn't have much choice. It put food on the table and cloths on our backs. Except for the time I spent beta testing. LOL!

Well, look on the bright side. You have more time to play Battlecruiser with all of us now!

Ah, Nick, Congrats- a great adventure awaits you

I’d say you’re likely to have quite a bit less time than before for computer games. It all depends on how much your girl is into them, but it comes down to priorities. Basically she needs to know that she is the number one earthly priority in your life (which is what she should be if you want to marry her) more than your job, more than your other friends, more than *dare I say it* your computer and BCM/G/TC/O. I guess it’s something you’ll need to talk about beforehand, among many other things. Talk about all your expectations of married life- what you expect to change and what you expect to stay the same in your relationship and lifestyle. It’s best to get as many nasty surprises out of the way beforehand as possible . I’m getting off-topic here (just have recent experience of preparing for marriage and I want to give you all the tips I can), so if you want to hear some more on this, give me an email or something.

PS: The guy who wrote this has a very happy wife! (signed: wife)

Cheers,