Do you want fries to go with that P4, sir?

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Players in the game also will be able to buy a McDonald's kiosk and sell the company's branded food products, earning "simoleans," the game's currency. Eating that food will also improve their standing within the game.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHA!!!

And then they will come with pokemons, and kid players will have a better reputation the more they have

Hm... Product placement in games. That'll be interesting.

I dunno. It kinda breaks some of what The Sims Online promises. You're supposed to turn your house/lot into a place of business to attract other users (Sims). You get cash for 1) having people buy things at your lot from you (like the McDonalds burgers from the so-called kiosk), and 2) having people on the lot period (you get a lump sum every 24 hours from Maxis for the amount of users you've had on your lot for how long). You're supposedly turning your lot into your business. It doesn't really help to have an already-existing brand name on top of your business; takes away from that imagination/creativity factor.

This will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

(Edit: I actually took the time to write a decent sized post, lol. 5 posts til post 1337. r0x0r.)

[ 09-16-2002, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

ummm... well... it was an interesting premise... untill the 3rd installment in the series, then i thought they were going a bit overboard. now this proves it..

shame

I agree they have gone a bit far now at this point I bought the original game and one of the expanions, I don't play it much myself but my wife loves it but the amount of ad ons and stuff they have released at this stage are just getting ridiculous......

Just so long as we don't see a Golden Arches Nutripak Happy Meal in BCM/BCG.

(I never did like Mickey D's and if it ever does appear in 3000AD my next orders as Fleet Commander will be to exterminate them as a primary threat to the galaxy Of course, that'd eliminate the only job in the galaxy that Resnig could maybe qualify for).

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Yeah, I'd like to be ruined like that. Where do I sign up?

Hmmm.. well, The Sims was a fairly niche market, so I guess what you do, is you take some idea, and then make a game out of it. But not another hack & slash game, something new, or something original that others haven't done. Then, you get it out to people, and build a nice customer-base, with things like forums and downloads and nice screen-shots where people want to go and be a member of a great community and be fulfilled in awe with the new updates and updated state-of-the-art products.

I guess, not everybody can do this however, but you seem like a guy who can might be able pull it off

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

maxis hit on it when they decided to sim real life... its creepy sometimes watching my lil dude do stuff just like i do, and next thing i know... 3 hours have passed.

creepy

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

maxis hit on it when they decided to sim real life... its creepy sometimes watching my lil dude do stuff just like i do, and next thing i know... 3 hours have passed.

creepy

Which is why I have quit playing. My wife will still play, but I noticed I was throwing away a lucritive Commanders career aboard a 3010ad state of the art Starship. I'd rather defend the galaxy, than watch some shmuck waste my time baby sitting him.

[ 09-18-2002, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Greg Miller ]