Fat teens sue McDonalds!

Supreme Cmdr

They might as well eat a tub of lard every day and then sue the lard manufactuer for making them fat bastards. What's the point in sueing a company that sells food, that just because they ate too much of it they became overweight. What did they expect!!! Everyone knows fast food is fattening. Why can't they at the end of the day just say 'OK, it's all my own fault'. They made themselfs fat- NOT McDonalds!

I've been dieting lately, cut fat/fast foods out of my diet. McDonalds Big Mac contains your entire daily allowance of calories, and next to 0 nutritional value. So if you ate healthy, but ate 1 Big Mac for lunch every day, you would still gain weight.

I don't think it makes it right to sue, but then again they are suing tobacco companies and the fast foods are just as dangerous as cigarrettes.

Hi,

Just wanted to say, one of these days I should sue the US for not being able to do such things over here since there seems to be some more sense into people

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

They had the attoney for the dude that suing Burger King, McDonald's, Wendy's and Kentucky Fried Chicken on WCBM a few weeks ago.

His client had been eating at these places for 20-years, and he was trying to convince the listening audience that his client in no way KNEW that eating in those places would make him fat.

Excuse me -- they teach that in school, or at least at my high school -- I knew that back in the 5th grade. Where's this guy living -- under a rock?

I mean, I eat at those places, and yes, I have gained a bit of poundage, but it isn't because of my ignorance -- it's because of my laziness to cook at times, or lack of time.

In any event, I don't buy that nonsense, and any judge and/or jury worth a crap will concur.

It's getting close to the Old Heinlein "hang the lawyers" time.

These lawyers and their damn lawsuits have casued the prices of health insurance, car insurance, taxes, cost of goods etc to skyrocket.

One of these days the people of this country are gonna see these money grubbing dirtbags for what they are and take permanent care of them.

I'll just die,if they are forced to raise the prices!!!

I no longer eat the french fries,(you know thay are fattening. It's not like they force you to "super size" today for instance I was at KFC getting a number 7 and I refused the super size. it was fairly easy to do so. Hmmmm mabey I could call these parents.

Oh I kow I will send them a cookbook!

quote:

I'll just die,if they are forced to raise the prices!!!

Nobody needs to force them to raise prices, they do it quite well on thier own accord. Not long ago I used to be able to get a meal at Micky D's for less than $5... now I'm lucky if it's under $6.

What a bad argument. The kids couldn't have gotten the food except from adults in charge of them providing them with the food, money for the food, and transportation to the restraunt. *THEY* could read, and *THEY* knew how fattening it was, or should have.

Just because some people forget the idea of personal choice because things look good doesn't mean that the people making it look good are liable. That's like suing a car company because they made a car that looked real good, like a corvette, your wife bought it, and died in a car wreck because she drove it too fast because of how good it looked, and it wasn't as sturdy as a semi. No jury in their right mind would convinct McDonalds. (although you should read the book "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser. Talks a lot about how bad fast food is....