Game programming future.

Antony

Being a future game programmer,I am going to do a master in game programming,I am starting to be concerned about all this.Not only about the publishers but whether I should reconsider game programming and follow a different path.I mean how do I know that I will find work with all these things happening.I dont now people I am really afraid about my future carrier.One minute you have a job the next you dont.What are your thoughts on this?

Game programming doesn't involve dealing with publishers unless you are in the unique situation that the SC is in. He owns his own IP (intellectual property) and his own development company that supports it. Thus he needs to be involved in the business end of things.

If you enjoy game programming, go for it! The business side shouldn't deter you.

The most important advice one could give you about your career choice is to do what you enjoy doing.

Spindoktor is right. Join up with a gaming company and all you have to worry about is 1's and 0's.

That being said, the potential always exists to lose any job. Save your money for those times and you'll be fine.