What did Santa Bring you?

OK guys and gals, what did Santa bring you for Christmas?

List 'em and let's all get a good look, who does Santa think was the best little boy or Girl?

My list, Not long, I was a bad boy this year, unemployed for about half of it.

1: GPS!! Yes, geocaching baby!!

2: DVD's of the following, the Two Towers Special edition, Pirates of the caribean, Sinbad, legend of the seven seas, Yes, kids movie, but I was really into it actually, excellent movie, Michelle Pfeifer, as the goddess of chaos, nothing more need be said!!!! LOL and SPACEBALLS!! ROFLMAO!!!

3: Tools for my new trade, Home Inspection, tool belt, Moisture meter, laser level, binoculars, and a new headlamp(for when I'm crawling around under houses, and lots of heavy duty work clothes.

4: Mini tripod for my digital camera.

5: a $50 gift certificate to Home Depot!! MORE TOOLS!!!

6: A little statuette of a Dachshound, yes I love those little wiener dogs and since my wife can't stand small dogs my eldest daughter bought me a fake one!! LOL

7: A new Telescope, I have actually had it for a while, but it was an early Christmas present, motorized, I align it and then it finds the stars for me, VERY cool stuff!!

I'll probably think of more in the morning after I have had a chance to go through all of them, just got home and am exhausted, been a VERY long 2 weeks, and the downtime is gonna kick my butt!!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that Santa was good to you too.

Despite my recent troubles Santa was good to me,

I got what I wanted not what folks thought I needed:

1. Crimson Skies with the Saitek joystick for the XBox. I have since spent about twelve hours in the dungeon.

2. Enter the Matrix for XBox/

3. Call of Duty/ PC

4. Mechassault( I already had it but foolishly traded for another game. My wife paid attention and got it for me again.)

5. Most importanatly I got to se the look on my daughters face as she opened her gifts Christmas morning. God is truly good.

Oh yeah and my wife got me clothes as usual, didnt mind this year since she got me all those video games.

2 pairs of clothes

1 DVD (Bad Boys II)

$75 Gift cards for WALLIE WORLD

$600 Cash (Yes I am hard to shop for)

Bought my kids some outdoor toys to play with them outside... my dad bought them each an acoustic guitar, and my dad's parents bought them a ton of noise making electronic things.

It was a good day.

I think I scored this year

1)Cossack's Anthology

2)Stronghold Warchest

3)Money!

4)A PS2->USB Controller Module. This little baby allows me to use my lovely PS2 controllers to really show people up in NHL2k4 at college.

I really felt happy with what little I got this year, at least its something you know?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Oooohhh this sounds bad...

Santa got me:

The Namco game (I mentioned in the other post)

Fleece pants

and

Cucumber Melon body Wash

I musta been really bad...

The guy I have been dating must like bad though, becasue he got me an Engraved Tool Box with all new tools ...and some other things (I saw nothing after the tool box)...I have yet to stop being excited! I love tools and taking things apart and putting things together!

Feeling the pain of an ex who likes to hold back child support I thought I would have to teach my kids the true meaning of Christmas this year..but a surprise win in a small Survivor pool saved me from that and allowed me to shower them with material possessions...

Guest Grayfox

well i didnt ask santa for much. but he did get me a $100 gift card to B&N and a philly eagles jersey jersey collection almost complete...

but most important, he gave me another christmas with my son

I got....

1. A massive toothache on Crimbo eve after foolishly eating a stale piece of chocalate covered caramel out of a box of chocolates milady recieved from a co-worker,( I seriously think the woman wrapped up a year old box of candy she never ate)

2. I got a $25 gift card for Cracker Barrel. Yummy yum yum I love their hashbrown casserole with Uncle Herschels favorite breakfast.

Just had that tooth pulled today, cost me $90.00

Should I send the bill to milady's co-worker?

Oh and 2 tons of itty bitty lumps of coal,

should burn nicely in my stoker

I got:

DVDs: X2, Pirates of the Carrabian

Digital Camera

Software: Combat Medic, Grand Theft Auto III

Hardware: WD 120meg HDD w/8 meg cache.

Clothes and other Misc stuff.

My wife really surprised me with a Digital Camera, just like she did last year with a GPS unit. My Nephew convinced my sister that I would enjoy GTAIII. He's such a good Nephew!

And Santa thought I was a really good guy this year and brought me a new HDD to go in the box next to the same HDD I got back in August. Now I just have find a way to explain that one to the wife.

i got a piece of computer paper which said the words "Universal Combat" on it.

unfortunately, all attempts to install this piece of paper onto my computer so that i could play the game have failed (my parents are gunna buy me the game when it comes out so this paper was to inform me of the fact)

also got Galactic Civilizations, which is good if you like turn based strategy games, 3 books of the Enders Game series that i dont have(ive read them each several times though) to fill out my collection, the newest Alvin Maker book, The Crystal City, and some puzzles.

Ah Yes, Orson Scott Card, one of my favorite authors, Enders Game was a great book and the others that follow it are not bad at all. I love Bean, and it was fun to finally read it from his perspective.

Very nice!!

Jaguar,

May I ask what telescope you've got? I was looking into getting one. Looked at some Meade's with the GOTO function. They seemed really cool

It would have had to have been a portable one cause I don't have a garden. Some of the ETX's looked nice. I'd love to have tried some astrophotography.

It all went on hold for a while, but I'd be interested to hear what u have and your experiences with it.

quote:

Originally posted by Banquet:

Jaguar,

May I ask what telescope you've got? I was looking into getting one. Looked at some Meade's with the GOTO function. They seemed really cool

It would have had to have been a portable one cause I don't have a garden. Some of the ETX's looked nice. I'd love to have tried some astrophotography.

It all went on hold for a while, but I'd be interested to hear what u have and your experiences with it.

Sure, I love my telescope.

It's a Celestron NextStar 114GT.

It has the so-called Goto function, and it retails for about $400 at Fryes, but if you pick it up at Costco it's $200. LOL

Works great, was out looking at the moon with it last night, and trying to get Saturn, but it wasn't up high enough when I had to go home, and it's gonna be cloudy and SNOWY here tomorrow and tomorrow night, so I had to do it while I could.

The telescope works great though, it's exactly what I need as an amateur astronomer, and maybe someday I will upgrade, but right now it does the job I need it to...

The whole Celestron range has a really good reputation

I did a quick search on the web for the NextStar 114GT and it's the same sort of scope I'd be after. Retails here in the UK for 385 quid (about $580) so u got a good deal there!!

Could u answer a couple questions;

Does the GOTO work? I don't expect it to be dead on every time.. but does it help, or is it annoying?

From the pics, the 114GT looked quite portable.. but pics can be deceptive! Do u reckon it'd be easy to put it in a car and set it up afterwards, or is it too hefty and delicate for that in your opinion?

Cheers

quote:

The whole Celestron range has a really good reputation

I did a quick search on the web for the NextStar 114GT and it's the same sort of scope I'd be after. Retails here in the UK for 385 quid (about $580) so u got a good deal there!!

Could u answer a couple questions;

Does the GOTO work? I don't expect it to be dead on every time.. but does it help, or is it annoying?

From the pics, the 114GT looked quite portable.. but pics can be deceptive! Do u reckon it'd be easy to put it in a car and set it up afterwards, or is it too hefty and delicate for that in your opinion?

Cheers

Celestron has a great reputation, and it is deserved, let me tell you!!

The Goto works pretty well, it's always a few degrees off because I need to bring a level with me and level the tripod before I align it, but it lets me move nice and slow with the remote, so nonoe of that hurky jerky stuff. It also allows me to take over and move the telescope whereever I want, at slow or fast speed, and it remembers and will go wherever I tell it to afterwards. Really nice and works great.

Not at all annoying, except when I am aligning it, first time took me 20 minutes, but that is down to 3 minutes now, and it works great....

I bought a nice padded duffel bag for it and it comes apart REALLY easily. Packs up nice and tight and then goes together in about 5 minutes. Packed in the bag it's about 30 inches long by about 15 inches in diameter, and well padded in pillows as well. weighs about 30 pounds though, fits in my trunk really nice, so I can take it wherever I go.

You might be able to get it online cheaper then you can retail channels, and when I saw it at costco, it was, OK, I gotta get me that RIGHT NOW!! LOL

Sounds like it's pretty portable, which is really good.. and the GOTO seems damn useful too All the things I'd hoped telescopes like these would be.. but speaking to someone who's views I trust.. it's nice to confirm what I'd read in the advertising.

Thanks Jaguar.. really appreciate the info

quote:

Sounds like it's pretty portable, which is really good.. and the GOTO seems damn useful too All the things I'd hoped telescopes like these would be.. but speaking to someone who's views I trust.. it's nice to confirm what I'd read in the advertising.

Thanks Jaguar.. really appreciate the info

No trouble at all, like I said, the telescope works great for me, the tube itself is like 24 inches long, short compared to some, like my Broinlaws, his is over 3 1/2 feet, and it's a meade, and it does not see near as well as mine.

Mine came with a 25mm and a 10mm lens, and I bought a Barlow for $20 on sale, and am looking at a moon filter kit for another $20. It has so many accessories that it is insane, it also has an RS232 port so you can hook it up to your laptop and any positioning program you might have, the goto has over 5,000 stars etc programmed into it, but some of the star programs out there have over 50,000 or more, and it allows you to goto via that RS232 port. It's GREAT, it also uses either 8 AA batteries, or you can plug it into the lighter socket on your car. all of those are extra accessories that you have to buy separately, but the price is right and they add a lot of fun features. The RS232 and the 12 volt adapter are next on my list, then the filters.

Like I said, this thing is GREAT fun!!

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Ah Yes, Orson Scott Card, one of my favorite authors, Enders Game was a great book and the others that follow it are not bad at all. I love Bean, and it was fun to finally read it from his perspective.

Very nice!!

I totaly forgot about him. The only book I've read from him was Seventh Son and it was quite good.

HP Pavilion ZE5570us laptop

GameCube w Zelda compilation

GG Rayman Arena

GG Metroid

GG Bloody Roar

DVD: Matrix:Reloaded

Battlefield 1942 Deluxe Edition

Age of Mythology: The Titans expansion

Borders Gift Card

Trans America board game

Stephen King's "Wolves of the Calla"

Neil Gaiman's "The Sandman:Endless Nights"

One of the best Christmases I have ever had. My kids had a spectacular Christmas. We had my wifes family over before Christmas for dinner and then had our own Christmas, Christmas morning and then traveled down to my family in New Jersey Christmas day. It was great.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

[qb] The whole Celestron range has a really good reputation

no kidding.

i just got meh dads 5 year old Celestron Ultima 2000 to get a look at saturn(he even has the telescope signed by Thomas Bopp, the co-discoverer of the Hale-Bopp Comet)

got quite a loveley view, could even see a pair of moons.

quote:
Origionaly posted by LostInSpace:

I totaly forgot about him. The only book I've read from him was Seventh Son and it was quite good.

that whole series is good(Alvin Maker Series). The Crystal City is the last book in the series. you should read the rest of them

[ 12-31-2003, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: insecttoid3 ]

Santa got me... bills. Yay!

Actually, I got a few bucks here and there. Ordered myself some Airsoft guns from RedwolfAirsoft.com about three weeks ago (17th) and I only *just* got word that they were in Customs. I had planned on using my Chrismas cash to pick up some Airsoft accessories like a HiCap clip for my AK47 and camo BDUs. Too bad my Christmas break is now over. Yeah, I start school again on Monday - only two weeks between quarters - its pretty spartan. So I wont have time to play with them at all for at least another 11 weeks! So much for my Christmas. Well, thats that again

• 2 weeks later...

IL 2 Sturmovik, Flanker 2.5, and Silent Hunter II combo pack

Call of Duty

One of those little radio controlled cars with the front axle that spins (the badly translated instructions are hilarius).

crank operated parmesian cheese grater,(and the necessary cheese to go in it).

A miniature mounted ringwraith that I still need to glue together and paint

wooden maze game

digital clock

120Gb 7200rpm Hard drive

Not a bad Christmas really.