Iraqi soldiers surrender to British paratroopers

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

(on a sidenote would you consider adding the spit.gif I used to the list of emoticons?

No. And please stop using it. I don't like the idea of spitting at anything or at anyone.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

(on a sidenote would you consider adding the spit.gif I used to the list of emoticons?

No. And please stop using it. I don't like the idea of spitting at anything or at anyone.

Huh?

How many times here people said they spilt their drink because they took a sip while they read something funny ...

quote:

How many times here people said they spilt their drink because they took a sip while they read something funny ...

oh? Is that what that emoticon does? I didn't see it laughing and spluttering out (a drink) as you indicate. I assumed that it meant spitting on someone/thing.

Either way, since I misunderstood its intent, I'm sure others will. As such, I'm not going to add it to the board.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

OK, we know that France sells tech to Iraq. So maybe they sold them the plans on how to surrender too?

ooooo that was funnier than the article. that almost DID make me spit out my drink

If this wasn't so pathetic I'd swear it was a skit on Monty Python's Flying circus or Alexei Sayles( Who's that fat Bastard?)"Too early you say..? when would be a good time to ring you back? say wednesday..doesn't work for me we're surrendering to the canadians on wed..how about friday?"

You really have to feel for these guys, they are totally outclassed.

If I were an Iraqi, I would take the first opportunity to surrender to the allied forces, at least then I know that I would get a decent meal and maybe some shoes.

Otherwise, these poor Iraqis are just so much cannon fodder. Very sad that their boss doesn't give a crap about their lives and is willing to spend them like so many pennies.

Kuwait is already building up a number of prison camps and southern Iraq will most likely become one huge one, as Iraqi after Iraqi surrenders to the Americans and British.

It was sad in the Gulf war, it's gonna be much worse this time around.

These poor guys are underfed, undertrained, and not at all ready for a fight.

The mother of all battles will be the mother of all whimpers, and again, you gotta feel bad for these guys, you really do.

Guest Grayfox

i feel nothing for them.

they want to act like cattle, then theyre going to be treated like cattle.

the best thing they can hope to do, is as soon as hostilities start, to just lay down their arms... if they do it before hand, they run the risk of being put to death. at least we'll feed them and clothe them.

What about the mighty Republican Guard? those elite fighters we hear so much about? Can you imagine what it would have been like if those guys were faced with something like D-Day at Omaha

beach? If they are the fourth largest army in the world ,the Hare Krishnas must be like third.

Guest Grayfox

only at major metropolitan airports...

the republican guard only number so many... kinda like the battle of little bighorn...

"jesus christ... whered all those $%^&*# indians come from???"

or in their case it would be more like "allah ackbar!!! whered all those !@#%%#$ infidels come from???"

same premise. semi elite troops surrounded and outnumbered by elite troops... now all we need is a fabulous USO show...

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

heh the french really surprised me with all there opposition to the U.S, have they so soon forgotten who freed them? or helped to, or was instrumental in freeing them from hitler's grasp?

d-day france...d-day!

they havent forgotten, they just dont want another war. France and Germany have enough war in their history. Theyd like to avoid more if they can.

I give props to France for standing up against the US

Enigma,

Are you really that clueless?

Have you not figured out why the French and Germans don't want us to take out Saddam?

When we go in, which we will, with or without the UN and the Frogs, we are going to find that France has been supplying Saddam with spare parts for his war machine, which is against UN resolutions, and illegal. We are also going to find out that Germany has been supplying technology to Iraq to make biological and chemical weapons. And it is going to come out that France, Russia, and Germany, ALL have lucrative contracts with Saddam regarding those wonderful oil fields we are all talking about.

France Germany and Russia being against this war is ALL ABOUT OIL, they have those contracts to lose and they will get caught selling illegal weapons to Saddam as well.

They don't want us in there, because we will embarass them in front of the world.

So don't even think that this is some "principled" stand by France, because it's not, they are CYA'ing big time.

THey are gonna get slammed after we go in and find out what those little cheese eating surrender monkeys have been doing in Iraq.

Here's an instant classic column by my new favorite writer, Mark Steyn, called Bring on the war - for everyone's sake.

An excerpt:

quote:

And spare a thought for the poor Iraqi Army. As London's Sunday Mirror reported yesterday, "Terrified Iraqi soldiers have crossed the Kuwait border and tried to surrender to British forces -- because they thought the war had already started.

"The motley band of a dozen troops waved the white flag as British paratroopers tested their weapons during a routine exercise. The stunned Paras from 16 Air Assault Brigade were forced to tell the Iraqis they were not firing at them, and ordered them back to their home country telling them it was too early to surrender."

Awf'lly sorry, old bean. Try again in a fortnight, there's a good chap.

The Iraqi Army is begging to surrender en masse. Why torment them for month after month? This interminable non-rush to non-war is like a long, languorous, humid summer where everyone's sweaty and cranky and longing for the clouds to break and the cool, refreshing rain to fall. Bring it on. Please.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

we are going to find that France has been supplying Saddam with spare parts for his war machine, which is against UN resolutions, and illegal. We are also going to find out that Germany has been supplying technology to Iraq to make biological and chemical weapons. And it is going to come out that France, Russia, and Germany, ALL have lucrative contracts with Saddam regarding those wonderful oil fields we are all talking about.

Ok fair enough, Germany should get punished if they are, but Iraq has just as much right as any country to maintain an army to defend its country against an aggressor. So what if France supplied another country with weapons. Have u so easily forgotten the US has done the same in the past and continues to do so now? We have armed most the terrorist cells in the world and abandoned them after they did what we wanted them to do for us. And ppl wonder y they hate us

And is it illegal for them to have access to oil? Is the US the only one allowed to have the oil so we can sell it back to most countries while leaving our stockpiles alone? That way the world will have to pay a fortune for 1 barrel when thier supplies have run out we have the only supplies left?

heres a thought u you all

America was founded on distrust of big governments, so why do we have one now?

Enigma,

It is against UN respolutions to trade in any war material or weapons mfg material with Iraq, until they have destroyed ALL stockpiles of WMD. PERIOD.

It is up to the IRAQI'S To PROVE that they have done so, and they have not.

France and Germany are BOTH in violation of UN resolutions that they voted for by trading in such things with Iraq.

Also, an Army for IRAQ is NOT illegal, nor has it been asked.

The only thing that Iraq is REQUIRED to do is tell us where and how much WMD they have, and then prove that they have been destroyed.

THAT'S IT, THAT's ALL, nothing else.

They need to shoe us that the WMD that they had after the gulf war has indeed been destroyed and that they are not trying to make anymore.

EASY STUFF, and they WON'T do it!!

Does this tell you anything?

It does me.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

They need to shoe us that the WMD that they had after the gulf war has indeed been destroyed and that they are not trying to make anymore.

im all for that, but any smart person knows that the US wont believe them anyways, and that we want war so we can put a democratic puppet govt in power.

Enigma,

I am going to tell you this once, and once only.

Saddam has killed and murdered over 1 million people, he has his citizens tortured and raped just to keep them in line. He is a dangerous man.

The ONLY reason that he has WMD is to attack and take over his neighbors, just as he did in Kuwait.

THe man needs to be killed and the Iraqi people freed, and then they need to be given the opportunity to self rule.

Democratic puppet government? You have been listening to Lotharr too much.

Afghanistan is a prime example of what we do, Japan, Germany, etc. We are not imperialist and never have been, whether you care to admit it or not. We are not interested in taking over Iraq, we are interested in going in, taking out a madman, and then allowing the Iraqi people to choose for themselves.

You are free, lucky you, but the Iraqi people are murdered by their own leader, a leader who endangers the entire middle east, because he thinks that it is his destiny to rule over the ENTIRE middle east. He has WMD's because he wants to use them, and HAS used them.

He needs to be taken out, and if that was the ONLY reason we were going in there, it would be good enough for me.

FREE the IRAQI people, it is TIME, WAY PAST TIME!!!

More Steyn: This crazy non-war has turned into Chinese whispers.

Excerpt:

quote:

Last May, I predicted that Bush would invade Iraq before the end of August. I was wrong as usual. Instead, the President was prevailed upon to "go the UN route", as a sop to Colin Powell, and to provide Tony Blair with some multilateral cover. And now that we've reached the season finale of this interminable, unwatchable unreality show - I'm A Superpower, Get Me Out Of Here - the end result is that we'll be going to war with exactly the same participants as we would have done last August, and the one person weakened by going the UN route is the very one it was designed to protect: Mr Blair. The best way to help Blair would have been to get the war over six months ago.