Planetside beta : who's in, who will be soon?

Epsilon 5

My beta CDs are on the way. I was told the NDA was lifted. we will soon be 12000 in the beta, 25000 more to come soon. Oh and I don't pay anything, coustesy (sp?) of SOE. Game looks sweet, both gameplay and graphically-wise. And I was told the game is not getting hit much by the dreaded nerf-bat.

So, who else?

Been in the closed beta for about two weeks or so now.

Very fun game and addicting. Great graphics and gameplay, Since its beta they still have to add alot of features yet but from what I have seen it will all be worth it.

And plenty of teamwork, thankfully there is no level treadmill ala EQ. There are two types of ranks. Battle Rank and Command Rank. Battle rank is earned from experience from captureing enemy bases and killing your foes. Where command rank is earned from being in charge of squads and capturing bases, and this can come quick when you die you loose nothing no death penalty so if you dont play for a while you can still group up with your friends and off you go, unlike certain other games.

You start the game with 4 certifications points which allow you to use certain types of armour, weapons and vehicles each Battle rank you earn you get 1 more cert, oh and there are plenty of weapons and vehicles and a nice selection of armour.

The world has like 9 continents to battle on, I personally have only warred on 3 of them so far, and these continents are huge.

I can go on for a while but I will just wait for you guys to get into the open beta. So far I will say this game is well worth it.

Sorry E5 your wrong

it is the first time we've had this type of a game. WW2 online doesn't count due to how its made, in WW2 online you have to spawn at different citys and wait maybe 30+ minutes to even find a tank or a lone inf to kill, PS isn't like that. I should know, I play it from time to time =)

and im still a beta tester for PS been one now for 4 months and loven it!

I know it's still in beta (I signed up but apparently drew the short straw). My question was more a result of JaxFox's post saying something to the effect "alot more to add".

I'd guess with the newly expanded beta it must be very close to gold...any input?

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Sorry E5 your wrong

it is the first time we've had this type of a game. WW2 online doesn't count due to how its made, in WW2 online you have to spawn at different citys and wait maybe 30+ minutes to even find a tank or a lone inf to kill, PS isn't like that. I should know, I play it from time to time =)

and im still a beta tester for PS been one now for 4 months and loven it!

plus PlanetSide is being made by a well known company(SOE)

i have my eyes on this game. it should be interesting.

After I posted that "have alot more to add" they announced the "mega patch" which is pretty much adding everything in the way of content. The next mega patch after that will add things like offline training more weather effects and so on.

But yeah its pretty close to gold after this thursday's mega patch its just alot of tweaking and bug crushing.