Anything into Oil

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

quote:

Originally posted by IceCold:

The water is clean enough to be discharged to a processing facility. Even though the pathogens are gone, the chemical pollutants still must be seperated before it can be used.

yeah but half the work is already done.

Well, that depends. Somethings are much easier to remove than others. That being said, I was under the impression that the discharge water was straight H2O with inert pathological vectors. If it's anything other than that processing becomes complicated rather quickly.

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

that depends. Somethings are much easier to remove than others. That being said, I was under the impression that the discharge water was straight H
O with inert pathological vectors. If it's anything other than that processing becomes complicated rather quickly.

Well if the EPA is classifying them as Manufacturers and not putting them in any type of category where they would need regulatory approval for buidling one of these things, then I would say that the water they are discharging is pretty clean

quote:

Well, that depends. Somethings are much easier to remove than others. That being said, I was under the impression that the discharge water was straight H2O with inert pathological vectors. If it's anything other than that processing becomes complicated rather quickly.

It is more along the lines of mineral contamination for everything in that process is broken down into base elements or basic compounds.

Hmm, if I'm reading this corectly, the water is flashed off and is condensed, which is essentially a distillation procedure. In which case, you DO NOT want to be drinking it. Distilled water is basically mineral-free, try drinking that stuff and you'll completely wreck the osmotic balance of your body. Not a good thing.

Having one of these things in the backyard would not be such a bad idea. Apart from putting a few binmen out of a job. Over here we recycle like crazy, so all waste is separated out and put into different bins anyway. It wouldn't take much to say "Today, I will be mostly recycling vegetable waste" (A pint for who can spot the reference) and the next day, do your paper or oil waste. If this thing takles off, it will be totally revolutionary. No more need for landfills, cheap oil and gas ete etc.

quote:

, which is essentially a distillation procedure. In which case, you DO NOT want to be drinking it. Distilled water is basically mineral-free, try drinking that stuff and you'll completely wreck the osmotic balance of your body. Not a good thing.

since the water is distilled, it should fairly simple to add a normal amount of minerals like there is in tap water, no?

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

quote:

, which is essentially a distillation procedure. In which case, you DO NOT want to be drinking it. Distilled water is basically mineral-free, try drinking that stuff and you'll completely wreck the osmotic balance of your body. Not a good thing.

since the water is distilled, it should fairly simple to add a normal amount of minerals like there is in tap water, no?

Of course you could, I'm just pointing out that you shouldn't be drinking distilled water straight out of the machine. Use it for washing, bathing, watering the garden, just don't drink it.

quote:

Distilled water is basically mineral-free, try drinking that stuff and you'll completely wreck the osmotic balance of your body.

I do not know where you get your information but minerals have nothing to do with osmosis. In fact, they hamper it. They sell distilled water in stores, it is not dangerous in the least. Furthermore, I have drank deionized distilled water which is as close to pure H2O as one can get. Minerals in water are pollutants and pure water will not harm your body in any fashion. You must be reading city propoganda for the introduction of flouride or some other mineral into the drinking water.

BTW

The water that comes out of this process contains too many mineral pollutants to be potable without additional processing.

Fast forward 20 Years:

The United States, once the worlds biggest producer of trash, has now turned all of their "Mount Trashmore's" into veritable gold mines. Using thermal depolymerization first industrialized back in 2004, the US is now mining what used to be trash into, Oil, Gas and other usefull minerals such as Mercury and lead. What used to be toxic waste, is now a gold mine.

At first the Mideast made good use of this technology and turned their old dried up oil wells into spigots of cash, but the ensuing glut of oil, gas & other minerals from this technology cut the prices of once precious materials to mere commodity status.

The short sightedness of these leaders (not investing in their populaces education or production of anything other than oil) has now made their countries beggars in the world economy. The Bin Ladens have been multiplied a thousand times over, with their jealousy of US world dominance in Technology, Military, Economy and now Energy. But with no one to finance them, they have nothing but words and demonstrations against us, while acknowledging that something must change in their homelands for them to prosper.

Every new home is now sold with a mini thermal depolymerization unit in the basement and old homes are being retrofited at a rate of tens of thousands per year. The gas created from the trash and human waste that is fed into these mini-monsters can now power entire neighborhoods. Kazaa file sharing networks has now expanded to the Kazaa Electricity Sharing Network, helping to reduce, or eliminate electric bills for the biggest producers of waste - with a mini thermal depolymerization unit of course! (Like that family of 6 living down the street) The Nasa team has now put together a unit that is flying to Mars that will be fed some of the Ice and sand lying just below the surface of the Mars Ice caps and will begin producing Oil, Minerals and purified water for the Mars landing mission that is to arrive several years later. Who would have thought back in the year 2003 that the world would be changed by a company with the name Changing World Technologies.

quote:

Originally posted by IceCold:

quote:

Distilled water is basically mineral-free, try drinking that stuff and you'll completely wreck the osmotic balance of your body.

I do not know where you get your information but minerals have nothing to do with osmosis. In fact, they hamper it. They sell distilled water in stores, it is not dangerous in the least. Furthermore, I have drank deionized distilled water which is as close to pure H2O as one can get. Minerals in water are pollutants and pure water will not harm your body in any fashion. You must be reading city propoganda for the introduction of flouride or some other mineral into the drinking water.

BTW

The water that comes out of this process contains too many mineral pollutants to be potable without additional processing.

Erm, I'm actually a biochemist and I have discussed this at length with my supervisor. Not only that, but in our first toxicology lectures, it was made clear that it is not the substance itself which is a toxin, but the dose. Drinking 8 pints of tap water in one go is extremely toxic. The only propaganda I have seen is from the people who supply demineralized/distilled water for consumption.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Are you an author, or write stories?

Actually, I'm kind of a "Jack of all trades". I work for a Tyrant of a woman that everyone pretty much quits on her, so over the course of 4yrs I ended up taking over Accounting, HR, IT, Sales Training and general administration. I've actually quit myself 3 times, but every time I do she offers me more money to come back!

This is a very interesting idea, but I think the interpretation of everyone having there own is a bit skewed. Things like this tend to be noisy, smelly, require maintenance, take a certain degree of expertise and monitoring to work, and generally be an inconvenience. In specific, this device produces a great number of things that most people don't use (minerals and the likes) and while I'm not sure if a family produces enough waste to use the oil to heat there house, it seems specious.

Rather, people will still have a garbage man coming by every so often (and it handles mixed waste rather well remember) to pick up garbage, only for free or perhaps paying a small sum per bag.

Oh, I don't doubt that there will be some people who install them in there house, but they'll be the same kind of people who have solar power and composting toilets.

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Are you an author, or write stories?

Actually, I'm kind of a "Jack of all trades". I work for a Tyrant of a woman that everyone pretty much quits on her, so over the course of 4yrs I ended up taking over Accounting, HR, IT, Sales Training and general administration. I've actually quit myself 3 times, but every time I do she offers me more money to come back!

ain't that a *****?

quote:

Originally posted by Dragon Lady:

This is a very interesting idea, but I think the interpretation of everyone having there own is a bit skewed.

That may be true, but it makes me thing of some quotations:

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."

- Thomas Watson (1874-1956), Chairman of IBM, 1943

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."

- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

And as for the problems with the smell, left over minerals and other problems and logistics:

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems."

- Rene Descartes (1596-1650), "Discours de la Methode"