The Mac vs The PC

Supreme Cmdr

I had this nice reply but NO! I had to click on the wrong place and now my post is LOST! LOST!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

(LMAO)

Need-stop-laughing... so... very... true. lol. I use a Mac powerbook for school (Multimedia Design Technologies) and friggin hate the thing. It's slow, unstable, unreliable, clunky, poorly designed, and unintuitive... but it sure looks purdy.

MuchH84Mac.

I have to admit, I found the whole thing really funny, but it's also very untrue based on my experience. It's the same as if a bunch of Mac heads poked fun of Windows for flaws it had in Windows 98 (like stability). I run Mac OS X at home on my film editing machine, I also use it as an FTP server and for some other things. It's rock solid stability-wise and pretty quick. That doesn't change the fact that people pay WAY too much for older hardware, but oh well.

Notice he didn't trash his G4 tower? I guess he wants to keep the thing around after all. Did people seen the mac gamer switch spoof? Now that one I thought was hilarious and dead on.

I would guess he wasn't talking about OSX, OS9x well that is a whole differnt story. what he said was basically true about it locking up and crashing or one he didn't mention crash on save. Unfortunately our upgrade request for OSX was turned down so I guess the art department at my school will have to suffer a little longer.

Grettings,

Hmmm, Mac Vs Pc. I say Pc wins hands down. All you need to do is go into any hardware/game store like compusa. 99% of the store is geard for the PC and they have their one little corner for the MAC. The big downer for the MAC is that you can't get anything third party market you have to pay top dollar for an authentic MAC item I think the people at MAC and Steve Jobs have been psycologicaly damaged by Bill Gates ever since he stole the Windows Idea and now they are affraid to outsource to third parties. Also the software/game selection is piss poor. I also think the MAC is more a status item than anything else for people with the cash and believe me alot of us nowadays with the way the economy is don't have that kinda of cash to plunk down for another heap of trash just to show to our friends that we can afford it and they can't.

Now the PC. The only draw back to the PC is Bill Gates and his windows! Whatever happened to DOS. The only thing wrong with DOS (from a developers point of view) is that each program had to have it's own device drivers for Audio, Video and Controller. Other than that, I could leave my PC on for Years and never have to do a reboot . All those peripherals... Video cards, Sound Cards etc... All at competitive prices too (unlike the mac equipment). Software/Games galore!! Need I say more.....

Okay, in summary here are a few thoughts

MAC=(M)inor (A)ggrevating ©omputer.

PC= (P)retty ©ool (despite Bill gates and his windows monster)

Can't say much about MAC os I've never

used a MAC and never will if I can avoid

it

DOS great operating system

Windows 98 (unstable at times but good I still use it)

Windows ME= (M)igraine (E)dition

Windows XP= (X)tremely (P)athetic (sure it's stable but it has more security holes in it than a slab of swiss cheese and god only knows what else is lerking in there ready to pounce on you and crash your system)

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. In it's day and age the amiga was the gaming computer with it's graphics while the pc still had it's CGA adapter 3 colors for a computer monitor and if you were lucky to have one with a TV out you would get 16 glorious colors. . One question, how's the support for the Amiga nowadays .

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

AMIGA RULES!!!