Police use stun gun on 6-year-old boy

Supreme Cmdr

Eh, I freaked out when I saw the headline and some of the posts here. Then I actually read the article.

No, no, I really don't like cops. Really.

But 1) Soback is correct that the headline is totally misleading and 2) the kid was freaking messed.

Would you rather they shot him? Come on. The article is to devoid of depth to actually give us the situation. Give it a break.

Interesting.

It seems that the dialogue in this thread has proven the point made by Soback in regard to the methodology used in the headine of the story.

It was sensationalism to the extreme. The writer could have substituted the words six year old boy with the word student But we all know that the majority of readers would pretty much ignore the story entirely if it was written that way. That my friends is the sad state of the human condition in modern times and the sad state of journalism. Journalism is no longer about reporting the facts, if it ever was, it's about selling the product to the masses and making money. Even if it means deceiving people into buying your product.

Would it have been so hard for the officers to just grab the kid?

If it were me, a pair of leather gloves and a blanket would have been sufficient enough to remove the glass from the tykes hand.

At any rate, the child apparently lived and is none the worse for wear and tear.

Common sense would also dictate that the officer/s who zapped the little fellow have not only been admonished by the command structure, but also have been enduring a healthy dose of ribbing from fellow officers.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see. Eyes and ears can play tricks on you if you aren't careful. Skilled deceivers use this detriment to thier advantage.

On a side note; I'm watching the local news last night and the female talking head reads a report on the success of NASA's latest X-43 experiment and she states that the aircraft had successfully travelled at ten times the speed of light.

quote:

Originally posted by street:

Those are TASORS, and classified as FIREARMS. EVEN MORE rediculous.

I guess it would have been acceptable to put the kids eye out to stop him from cutting his leg...to even take such a chance,,,is DISGUSTING

MELODRAMA? In what respect. Just statements which present COMMON SENSE factual considerations...jeesh

Geez! If the kid wanted to kill himself, they shoulda just let him. Would've made things a whole lot eaiser

quote:

Originally posted by Kiran:

2) I don't trust CNN (or anyone else) to give all the facts or even the correct facts. EVER.

Yellow Journalism went from a faux pas to a way of life. It's disgusting and ridiculous.

What's sad, is that only those who where actually in the industry, or those who research the topic at hand will ever know if what is said fact or not

The thing is, Soback is right, the title is rather misleading but then again.. that's to be expected from CNN or any mainstream media outlets

The article quotes the police as saying "By using the Taser, we were able to stop the situation, stop him from hurting himself" - which makes sense. The article also states that the kid had already cut himself several times and was waving it at a security guard.

They stopped the kid from cutting himself up even more, but as was said we weren't there.

But if I'm in a principal's office at a school and some kid is cutting himself and threatening to stab people (ie, security guards) and I have a taser... Why risk getting stabbed as I'm reaching for him?

It sounds like he needs to be zapped - might wake him up to realize that this kind of behaviour is not condusive to having a good life, not to mention unacceptable.

quote:

...NASA's latest X-43 experiment and she states that the aircraft had successfully travelled at ten times the speed of light...

I hope that the last word there is your typo, Wolferz, and not an oops on the report or from the media.

No Blerm, it wasn't a typo on my part. The news head said the word light instead of the word sound, so I can only gather that someone in their news room thought it would be mildly funny to insert the word light.

Maybe the writers at CNN thought it would be mildly funny to stir up a hornets nest by using the sensationalist words in the little boy's story. Boil it all down and it's media manipulation of the public.

Jedi mind tricks only work on the weak minded.

I'm a Toidarian, they don't work on me.

It would be interesting to see the press's reaction and if they would do anything different if everyone started thinking, all at once, really hard.

Though, I have to say, for all the bad that the press can be, I'm glad they're there, especially when they're exposing horrible atrocities. Granted, they may pick which atrocities they wish to reveal based on less then inspirational agenda, but hey at least SOME of them are gettin' out, aye?

now wait is this a stungun or a taser??? cus the cop says taser in the article but the title has stungun...

stungun is long range(shoots an electrode at the victem attached to a wire not like shooting lightning or anything hehe) and taser is the little handheld device with the electrical arc which you tough on the victem's skin

First of all street stop spilling this bull about a 35lbs 6 year old kid. If the kid is 6 years old and is 35lbs then he is walking skeleton.

Second, this article talks about some punk pig who:

"Lt. Paul Jwanowski, training coordinator at the police academy, said at a news conference Wednesday that he had heard reports from investigating detectives that Guerrero may have smoked crack cocaine just before the officers' arrival. "

The guy is a scum who didn't respond to officers because he was too smoked out.

Yeah street, great example, and tying this to the 6 year old kid story, great, you should work for the press, you would do a great job....don't forget to mention that the way that kid was behaving, 15 years from now HE would be smoking crack cocaine and breaking into your house so he can rape your wife and steal whatever he can carry....

Oh, and by the way,

"He said that since first purchasing Tasers in July 2001, police have used them 103 times without incident. "

That's less than one percent death rate, AND like that article said, that punk was unresponsive and probably on drugs. So don't give me this liberal crap about one death is one too many because the people that the police are forced to use those tasers on are f ups that bring it onto themselfs. Cops don't walk the streets zapping people at random, and just the fact that they used it only 103 times in 4 years is amazing. So do us all a favor and like the saying goes "You can save face by keeping the lower part of it shut"

quote:

First of all street stop spilling this bull about a 35lbs 6 year old kid. If the kid is 6 years old and is 35lbs then he is walking skeleton.

quote:

Second, this article talks about some punk pig who:

If you would read my post instead of just looking for an excuse to attack...you would see the COCERN I promote is as legitamate and rational an opinion as any,....!!Who made you GOD anyway?

I KNOW there were DIFFERENT circumstance, AS I already said...geese!!

Why all the disrespectful and childish remarks..GROW UP for god's sake!!!

quote:

So do us all a favor and like the saying goes "You can save face by keeping the lower part of it shut"

The so called "BULL", is MY OPINION!!! you dont like it? tough cow patties...kid!!

You want to tell me to shut my mouth???

DO ALL of us REAL Americans A FAVOR, and SHUT YOURS!!!

you want a police state,,,,go for it...dont attack those who help KEEP our country free from your kind of IDIOT philosophy!!