Very sad day for me, Good bye Sarah

Sarah.jpg

My favorite of ALL the dogs that I have ever had in my entire 40 years died this morning.

She was 12 years old, and was getting a bit ragged, but I thought she was OK.

I woke up this morning to let her outside, and found her near my bed, seeming asleep, when I reached down to wake her up, I realized that there was no way I was ever going to be able to wake her again.

I really am quite heartbroken, she was my best friend, she loved me no matter what a creep I was, she stayed by my side no matter what else was going on.

Dog really is man's best friend, and she was indeed mine, and I feel really, really lonely today.

Thanks for letting me share guys.

I just got done burying her up at my mom's, Sarah will always have a view of Mt Ranier over the lake, a place that she loved, and a place that I always find peaceful.

Sorry to hear about that Jag. I've gone through three four dogs myself and sucks when they die. The worst one was the one I lost only a few months after my baby nephew died on me. I did the same thing with that one buried him at my sisters house in rockland county very nice spot in her back yard. Just when you think everything looks happy, rosey and bright nature kicks ya in the bum.

Anyway, my condolences.

My dog TJ, a sheltie died while I was away in College. That was 1979 and I swear I never really got over it. I have not had a dog since as the pain was to great, but we have recently agreed that my daughter needs a dog. Of course it must be a Sheltie..My heart goes out to you my friend, you lost a family member not a pet

Thanks guys, and Race, you're exactly right, she was a member of the family, and it hurts, it hurts bad....

I am having a real hard time right now, I keep expecting to see her laying next to my desk, or tripping over her going down the stairs, or going outside for a smoke and calling her outside with me.

It's hard, a lot harder then I thought it would be.

I'm so sorry Jag. My dog Taffy passed away in 2001 and I still think of her everyday. I still keep her picture up at home, work, and in my wallet. She was my constant companion for fourteen years. I'm not saying you'll get over her but it will get better with time. I kept Taffy's favorite blanket and still keep it on our bed. In some ways it's like there still a part of her with me.

We had one cat when Taffy passed on. I knew I wasn't ready for another dog. I was donating her food to the local SPCA and ended up adopting two more cats (siblings) who were on "death row." Another two strays later and we now have quite the brood. In some ways, Taffy is the cats' guardian angel because they never would have had the pampered life they lead now without the love she inspired in me and my wife. Hang in there my friend.

I sorry to hear that JAG.

I've had and I still have pets at home and when one of your friend pass away it is indeed a very sad day.

I hope she was not suffering.

When I was really young I was afraid of dogs (one unintentionally knocked me down hard when I was 5 or something) to help me get over my fear we got a golden retriever, who lived to 18 (way off the scale when it comes to golden retrievers). She was my closest friend and confidante and saw me through my entire childhood until I met my wife. She's now buried in the small wood by my parent's house (which they own of course) with a view of the mountains on the Scottish border, right next to her daughter, who she outlived by 6 years. We could all see it coming when it came to the end, but it was still a very sad day when she went.

My condolences, Jag.

My brother recently lost his Dobie to Cancer and his toy poodle to old age, both in the last year. They weren't even MY dogs and I found myself shedding tears, so I can just imagine what you (and my brother) are going through.

Sorry to hear Jag, I've been through 3 dogs myself. The last one was the toughest. Nick (yellow lab)was more than a dog. He was very special.

check out this site, it may help.

http://rainbowbridge.com/Poem.htm

Take some time to grieve and then think about getting another dog. I found a great dog through rover rescue on the internet. There are so many dogs that need homes.

I can feel your sorrow, my dog Lola is 8 years old now. I had a dog when I was youngster and it lived up to 18 years. I still miss him and it's almost 30 years ago when he passed away.