Fleet Action Offline Missions Setup and Comments

To get things rolling we are going to start the new Fleet Action Season off with a couple of downloadable SP Offline missions using UC:AWA (an ACM-based one followed by a specifically-created one, in the normal flow of things, there will be one offline mission per round, two ACM-based missions followed by a specifically-created one every third round) It is possible to take part in Fleet Action purely by participating in single player offline missions, but you will not be able to earn any of the higher medals in doing so, and you will see less action than those who take part in MP encounters. MP players can also take part in Single Player Offline Missions.

These will be either saved game missions created specifically for the purpose of FA or individual missions from an ACM campaign using a specifically (and verifiably) marked saved game that will be released on a Wednesday evening GMT (7pm) via the ISS HQ download module (or a link provided in this thread) and must be downloaded, played and submitted by 7pm GMT on the following Wednesday evening (to ensure that everyone has the same time frame in which to compete). This week-long window will occur at the beginning of each FA round. With ACM-based missions, whoever gets the most EP wins, specifically created missions will have their own victory criteria. (The one who submits an ACM-based mission can take part in the contest, since there is no inside knowledge to be had (it is the standard ACM mission just marked), but the one who submits a specifically-created mission where a specific situation has been generated cannot take part in the contest, since they'll know all it's secrets and no-one else will)

You must join a fleet team to be able to officially participate in Fleet Action Offline Missions. New players joining mid-season is perfectly acceptable, those interested should signal their willingness to join a fleet team (by either joining a fleet or 'guesting' in a team) by posting in the Fleet Action team management thread

The winner of the sp mission gains:

1000 EP

2 successful missions (combat missions for ACM-based missions, SpecOps missions for specifically created save game missions)

to their individual statistics total

PLUS one of the following three bonuses for their fleet:

1. 10 rating points

OR

2. A move for their fleet of up to 2 regions, including routes through regions containing hostile fleets and including escaping from being locked into a system supremacy mission (where appropriate, the opposing fleet will continue against a defensive patrol force)

OR

(For ACM-based missions)

3. The conversion of a hostile or neutral undefended region up to 3 regions from an allied fleet to a strongpoint for their alliance

(For specifically created save game missions)

3. SpecOps: Signals Intel or SpecOps: Sabotage benefits for the allied fleet of your choice against the hostile fleet of your choice.

The player who comes second in the SP mission gains

500 EP

1 successful mission (combat mission for ACM-based missions, SpecOps mission for specifically created save game missions) to their individual statistics total

PLUS

5 rating points for their fleet

Third place: 1 successful mission, 200 EP, 2 rating points for their fleet

Fourth place: 1 successful mission, 100 EP, 1 rating point for their fleet

Other participants: 1 mission loss, -50 EP

The first Offline mission will be uploaded tomorrow (Wednesday 14th March) at approximately 7pm GMT. Players will have until 7pm GMT on the following Wednesday to complete the mission and submit their saved game. You can make as many attempts as you like, but can only submit one saved game.

Good luck, commanders!

[ 03-31-2007, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]

The first Offline mission has been uploaded!

Combat Mission 1.

This is a specifically marked version of the first mission in the AWA ACM Commander campaign, you must use this saved game (we will be able to tell) and play through until the end of the first mission. Save your game before the second mission starts and submit it before the submission deadline, which is

7pm GMT on Wednesday 21st March

use the normal procedure for submitting a saved game (zip up the appropriate files and upload them to a filespace available to you and PM or email the link (or if you have no space available to you, then email them directly), to the Offline mission umpire). The identity of the Offline mission umpire will be announced at the weekend.

The victory condition for this mission is whoever has the most EP.

Shohashi is the Offline missions umpire for this season.

When saving your game, please use your username and the mission name in the saved game profile and as the zip file name, it makes things easier to keep track of.

e.g. my submission for this mission (Combat Mission 1) had the filename:

Ben Zwycky CM1 (archive name Ben_Zwycky_CM1.zip)

for the next mission (Special Mission 1), the filename would be:

Ben Zwycky SM1 (archive name Ben_Zwycky_SM1.zip)

Please report any problems or questions in this thread.

Less than 1 hour to go till the submission deadline for combat mission 1, special mission 1 has been uploaded.

You can grab it here

This is a standard roam game with autogen, (no specific situation has been set up, so the mission 'author' is free to take part) though the saved game has been specifically marked so everyone has the same starting point. The objective of the mission is simple:

Add Gammula station in Gamma-2 to your priority list and return to Earth. You must save your game with Gammula station in your priority list when you are in the Earth region in your Command craft.

The victory condition for this mission is who completes it in the fastest time (earliest time on the in-game clock)

I'm not sure what's happened to Sho, so everyone please send your saved games to me. If you use PM's then PM me at your fleet website (if you're in a fleet) to avoid filling up my PM inbox here, since I'm registered at all active fleet forums. I'll give everyone until 7pm GMT on Monday to send me their games, and if Sho doesn't show up by then, send me your saved games for special mission 1 by Wednesday.

Thanks,

quote:

I'm not sure what's happened to Sho,

I'm still here. Just had a system snafu, but all seems to be in working order now.

As of this moment, I only have one submission, and that was from Ben.

-Sho

OK, let's give everyone until next Wednesday 7pm GMT for both Combat Mission 1 and Special Mission 1- I'd hate to win by default.

Come on everyone, join in!

Which alliance would you be representing, Darkling? (so we can put you in an appropriate team listing in the stats module) - you would be acting as a guest until such time as you actually join a fleet (if you ever do) - the Insurgents need the numbers atm.

I'm really sorry Ben,

Things just get more and more hectic here at school and other RL stuff, i barely have free time left.

And on top of that i'm having difficulty with my computer hardware upgrade, it doesnt even want to boot up now.

I'll do my best to get AWA and your missions running before wendsday!

Sorry to hear that, Marc, hope you get all those little issues sorted out soon.

OK, you're all entered in, Darkling. If you really want a challenge, you could try coming to a few MP matches, once they start in April. We'd need to know beforehand, so we can get you set up with our servers.

24 hours left on the submission deadlines- don't wait until the last possible minute to make your submission, or you'll overload Sho's inbox

Time's up! No more submissions from this point on.

Sho, as soon as you've looked at all the submissions, let us know the results. The tension is killing me

• 3 weeks later...

OK, end of round one, time for the first Offline mission of the restarted season. Combat Mission 2. This is a specifically marked version of the winning submission from Combat Mission 1, where the second mission of the AWA campaign has just started. You must use this saved game (we will be able to tell) and play through until the end of the second mission. Save your game before the third mission starts (when the ACM clock is still showing the inter-mission time (green text)) and submit it before the submission deadline, which is

11.59pm GMT (7.59pm Eastern Time) on Wednesday 25th April

The victory condition for this mission is whoever has the most EP.

Come on guys, let's give Sho a few more submissions to evaluate than last time

[ 04-17-2007, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Ben Zwycky ]

quote:

Come on guys, let's give Sho a few more submissions to evaluate than last time

Yes, please do....I'm standing by and waiting!

For you guys that are on the fence about playing Fleet Action due to agreements on MP times, etc., these SP missions are a way for you to participate.

-Sho

6 and a half hours to the submission deadline. 9 people have downloaded the mission, play it and submit it or you lose your chance to influence things.

Sho informs me I was again the only one to submit the offline mission. Could people please state why they are not participating?

If there are less than 4 submissions of the next offline mission, then offline missions will be scrapped and we will continue with purely MP encounters. If you want this mode of fleet interaction to continue, then take part and encourage others to do so.

As 'winner' of the offline mission I choose to capture the undefended region of Darain.

• 1 month later...

The next offline mission, Combat Mission 3, has been released. The deadline for submission will be announced as soon as the current fleet move round is complete. This gives everyone a little more time than usual to take part, use it well. As I said before, if there are less than four submissions this time, there will be no more offline missions at all. Take part, or you will have no more opportunity to take part in this way.

• 1 month later...

In order to allow people with only Universal Combat (and not A World Apart) to take part, UC special Mission 1 has been released.

Download the file and extract it into your save folder, a mission orders file is include in the archive. The deadline for this mission will be the same as for Combat Mission 3 above, when it is announced.

[ 08-14-2007, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]