Planetary defense...

Guest Kaine Zastava

Expanding the glory of the Galcom Empire to every corner of the know universe sounds good to me. Forget about everybody else, everything we do is in the name of the Empire. LONG LIVE GALCOM

It sounds like you need a caste of military defense contractors! Are Boeing and Lockheed still in business in the year 3020?

Perhaps the commanders can take the billions of credits that I've been reading that they make trading ODS's and stuff (and then not knowing what to do with all that money), and negotiate defense contracts with these companies to make the stuff for them instead of the commanders making it themselves. Then the contractors would have to ship the goods on traders that need protection, insurgents could raid the convoys, defense contractors could be late in delivering, 100% over-budget requiring commanders to pay even more...

Just like real life!

How about, "You are hereby authorised to construct and maintain facilities and installations where tactically advisable, whether covertly in enemy territory or overtly in Galcom territory, in order to enhance the security and/or capability of Galcom and its allies" or something like that.

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

[This message has been edited by Ben Zwycky (edited 07-08-99).]

biggrin.gif You guys build them! I'll just send Jester, Akira, and Parias out to blow them all up! smile.gif But to tell you the truth, I'm getting pretty excited about all this, and can't wait until we get a shot at that baby! smile.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Just Doin' What I can with What I got!

SC, maybe I'm on the wrong track here, but even in today's military we have a supply corps. Why not in 3020? Somebody has to build those spare parts, perform depot level repairs, etc. If a Commander of the future wanted to perform supply functions, wouldn't it be necessary that he have a supply base of ops? Just a thought. biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Just Doin' What I can with What I got!

Guest Angel of Light

Ummm, nice all this sounds but I thought we were talking about mass nuclear destruction, purely in the interests of deterience. The RANDOM device is my idea of heaven. The sheer beauty of wiping out whole populations is just elegent. (Sorry about the spelling). As to the name, Galcom beware, as soon as the V2 cd reaches me (I had the orignal V1 years ago it seems) I shall be the mild named wolf snapping at the heels of Galcom. I love you all...

Angel:

V2? You mean BC3K V2 or the German V2 mass destruction missile? I've seen one of those in a Museum in Munich one year ago and I was like "Wow, I wanna fit one of those babies in my Cruiser. Bye-bye Gammula...

------------------

Cmdr. Oliver Hasenau

ICV Vengeance

"Dead men tell no tales"

"btw, once someone figures out who the heck I'm going to explain GALCOM allowing a commander to go around building stuff on the planets and in space, do let me know."

Just a thought: Just like the Roman Empire built forts (from which garrisons and later on whole cities rose from), Galcom can give any Commander (or maybe a higher rank?) the liberty of "building a military outpost to secure Galactic Command's interests" (which for the Romans meant : "Take the land from your enemies, then build a fort to defend it...and in time assimilate that enemy into your own army").

And just like the Romans, the Commander would have to scavenge his own resources to build those forts (granted, in those times you could have your grunts cut down the forest..but in BC3020 you can mine for money and have your builders do the muscle work.

What do you think Chief? :-)