Surface ops

Reven

Ok, we were told not a lot of devel on surface ops until there was more interest. How about this for sparking interest in surface ops...

We were told that we might get support craft dockings at planetary Starbases... but how about this... how about the ability to take over planetary Starbases, the same way we can take over Starstations.

I think I can pretty much guarantee that if we could do that, interest in surface ops would soar.

What do y'all think?

------------------

Cmdr. Tolian Reven

GCV Excelsia

Ex Turbo Modestum

Guest Antti Junkkari

Wow, a joint marine attack.

Wouldn't it be nice to let your marines attack the base from surface, and clear all heavy vecicles and crafts with BC's and IC's.

Anyway, possible BC docking?

Guest Nikodemus

Nah...I'd think that a BC docking at a Starstation would be too "hokey." I'd think there would have to be a seperation. In other words, the BC can only dock at a Starbase and only ICs, SHs, and ATVs can dock at a Starstation.

Guest Antti Junkkari

Well, it sounded pretty weird wink.gif

You mean BC only to spacestation and IC's and SH's to Starbases and Spacestations... correct.

I remember Derek said that he is not going to allow BC's to dock, and we shall believe him.

------------------

Commander Junkkari, GCV-Karhu

Orion Fleet Leader

Guest Nikolai

Just to second planet-side ops development, I'd like to chime in. I would like to see this as a game where we spend half our time on planet-side ops and half in space.

• 5 months later...
Guest Angel of Light

I quite agree on the old version I spent most of my time trying to do this. There is something calming about watching your forces carryout suface ops, safe in the knowledge that if things go bad you can evac them and nuke the *******s...