Naming Convention

Guest Ryker

Hey SC!

Along the same line, you *could* have 'sets' of each type of officer/pilot and let the player pick and choose (each pregenerated npc would have strength/weakness, maybe good bomber buy lousy DF?) Just an idea.

------------------

CMDR Ryker

GCV-Warlord

Orion Fleet

Guest Zach Gaskins

quote:

Will we be able to customize the names of the officers, Pilots, Marines, and crew in BC2020? I think this would be a nice feature to help 'personalize' the game.

I dunno. You could name the Combat Officer Brock Macslabtorso and he's still Paul Resnig.

<RP>

Hey Paul, wanna go lead the bust on that warehouse of Valkerian hypercrack they located on Arima?

No, they just sent me the report.

Sometimes I feel like we should bring a MUL/JOU along so we can tape these little drug-busts. You know, along with reggae music in the background or something.

</RP>

------------------

Cmdr. Zach Gaskins

GCV Hypercephalic

GALCOM IFTCC Liaison

Intragalactic Free Trade & Commodities Coalition

*laugh* Well done, Zach! I like that one...

By the way, before anyone picks him up on it, Zach has emailed me and I have tentatively approved a new, role-playing non-military group known as the IFTCC. So, Zach, why don't you post here and let some people know about it...what it stands for, etc. etc.

BTW, anyone wondering what tentative approval means? It means that if you RP your group really well, and don't make decisions, assumptions, or take liberties that annoy me, any other RP old-timers, or God forbid the SC himself, then you get to keep going...*grin*.

------------------

Commander DeSylva

GCV First Light ISS01 -=- ISS Fleet Coordinator

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss/

Official BC3K Tester and Blind Man With Sleeves award winner

"Serve - with honour."

Guest Zach Gaskins

quote:

By the way, before anyone picks him up on it, Zach has emailed me and I have tentatively approved a new, role-playing non-military group known as the IFTCC. So, Zach, why don't you post here and let some people know about it...what it stands for, etc. etc.

Sure, I'll go post it in the RP forum when I have it completed. I would have done it sooner but work and school "have been veri veri goot to me" as any foreign baseball player would say...

------------------

Cmdr. Zach Gaskins

GCV Hypercephalic

GALCOM IFTCC Liaison

Intragalactic Free Trade & Commodities Coalition

• 2 years later...

Just would like to put in my 2 cents and say that NOBODY should be a number! Even marines and medics should have names! (And I voice my support for naming them. I'd assume this will occur anyway when the game goes online, because anyone can fill pretty much any position.)

It just gives more personality to the game to be able to have buddies with you in spirit (as bridge crew or fellow marines) if not in person...

quote:

Originally posted by Caseck:

Just would like to put in my 2 cents and say that NOBODY should be a number! Even marines and medics should have names! (And I voice my support for naming them. I'd assume this will occur anyway when the game goes online, because anyone can fill pretty much any position.)

It just gives more personality to the game to be able to have buddies with you in spirit (as bridge crew or fellow marines) if not in person...

No.

Now siddown

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

Well then, SC, how 'bout in BCTC? It's a long way from now, so you can think about it. I mean, you're supposedly supposed to be able to interact with crew members, so why don't give every single member a name?

Probably. Besides, your marines are probably going to be the equivalent of the Star Trek Red Shirts anyway; so knowing their name is useless.