Of pilots, promotions, and other Wing Commanderisms.

Guest Edward Coleman

quote:

Sorry, I'm new here, but I think that before you start talking about promotions and stuff, you really should think up a REASON for having them...hehe. What point would promotions serve?

New? You've snagged someone else's name then.

This is not the type of comment Myownself was making two months ago.

But promotions would give you bragging rights about how good your pilots are. Confirmed kills do it now. We've seen some pretty good combos of pilots.

I'd like more pilots. For more tries at that magical combo that really makes them kick butt and just for general shift replacement.

Put this in the future title bin. But if it's easily done.... I know it's not. Stats, pics, all that mess. Leave it in the future title bin. smile.gif

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

• 3 months later...

SC-I have been wandering if there would be any flight training sims for the pilots? Just emagin for a second that you were going down to the Rec room and see a couple of your pilots playing each other and you go and tap one of them on the sholder and and he looked arround and you tell him to get up so he does and you play that other pilot.

Now what if your pilots done somting rong in the last mission and you ordered them to the flightsim for a mission redo so that they can pratice at that mission and get it right. Or even just for fun and that would make there AI go SKY HIGH! and there could be varus reasons to use a full fledge flight sim abord and if it idin't come with the ship you could buy one.

So SC what do you thank I am just asking and wandering.

Thank D...

------------------

UCV"Ticonderoga"

CMDR:Chris Blair

Don't underestimate what you don't or even thank that you know...

Ever tried the Xtreme Carnage™ Interceptor Arcade Simulator, your pilot's favorite spare time occupation? wink.gif

Well, maybe it does not raise the pilots' AI, but it will surely raise your dogfighting skill...

Greetings.

------------------

Joe Gudihl, GCV-Dark Star (Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series)

Commander, Marauders Wing

=Wraith Fleet=

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Chris, wishes have been closed. The feature set is finished in order to complete 3020. The only true teacher you have is to shove their (cough...ahem) THEM out on patrol and let them learn. The sim could only teach them so much. (A sim for a sim?). This is the way it is today and I don't see it changing. Your pilots would only learn a little bit in a sim before going to fly real missions. THIS is where they learn and their AI truly rises.

Besides which, what if all your pilots were in the sim (Someone would do it, trust me) and you get attacked. smile.gif There you are, enemies all around, and you can't get the pilots attention long enough to get out of the sim and protect you.

But anyway, wishes are closed.

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Official BC3K Tester