BC:3020AD SP Module Out!

Supreme Cmdr

I'm sure it's great!

Except I can't run it because I don't have a 3D card. Ah well.

What am I saying? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

*grin*.

I look forward to seeing the other testers' comments on it...

------------------

Commander DeSylva

GCV First Light ISS01 -=- ISS Fleet Coordinator

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss/

Official BC3K Tester and Blind Man With Sleeves award winner

"Serve - with honour."

DeSylva, I feel your pain and pitty you frown.gif

The SP "test" thing is GREAT, being inside of the bridge, and able to walk around it is awe inspiring (well, at least kind of.. wink.gif ) I think IMO it is and looks just as good, if not better than any bridge in Star Trek!

-David

Official BC3K Tester

[This message has been edited by LordDavid (edited 08-18-99).]

Guest Fleabag

I know who I will be calling "lousy misfits" if they don't let on how it feels to play around with it. smile.gif

But they probably enjoy part of the power the

SC has to make us suffer!

Fleabag.

Ok Commanders,

I'll give it a shot and try to tell you what it's like, without violating the sanctity that we have been entrusted with. smile.gif

I approached the SP Module with mixed emotions, knowing that what I was about to see would irrevocably change the way that I would think about V2.0. I entered gently, not wanting to go crashing around, but rather probing, looking, exploring the depth and pure awe inspiring spectacle that stood before me. Quietly, I peered into it's soul, yes it sure seems to have one, finding what would be my home for many waking hours in the future. This module, and it's whispering promise of "The Best Is Yet To BE" does full justice to both Derek's Vision, and the the Entire Development Team. As I stated earlier, I shall not violate the sanctity of being on the Tester's Team, but I will tell you one important factor. I WON'T be staying on the bridge too often. My Marines had better be on their toes, and Paul had better "Shape Up, or Ship Out!" My next excursion, when allowed, will be to find that Airlock that I'm gonna throw that idiot out of! biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Death comes unchallenged and without honor to those who refuse to make and keep friends within their hearts and souls!"

Guest Fleabag

Yep. Just as I thought. They do enjoy the power vested in them by the SC.

Emotional report, there Rattler. Just the thing to make us all cry... and want to be testers.

Fleabag.

I would have replied before now to the screenshots and this latest development if I hadn't spend all this time crying and subsequently looking for a replacement keyboard for my home computer. smile.gif Heck, when I am at work, I have to have a piece of plastic wrap to place over the keyboard at lunch to prevent the same fate from befalling it. biggrin.gif

All I have to say is...

Ooooh, what shall we do with a computer that has a Matrox M3D card, a 100 mHz processor (I still run BC3K v2.0x on here) and 50 megs of ram? Get it replaced once I have enough money which probably won't happen for a couple of years due to College. Even so, I will buy 3020 as soon as it comes out. It can sit in a nice dust proof case and I can admire the screenshots on the back of the box and read the SOM to my heart's content (or torture) until I can afford a proper system smile.gif

------------------

Commander David Foss, GCV Deterrence

Well, what can I say? Right now it's all quite preliminar, even the bridge design is still work-in-progress but ... the atmosphere is really convincing. It really makes you feel that you are in the bridge of the Enterprise, or a StarWars Star Destroyer, or whatever you want. Man, BC3020 is gonna rock!

------------------

See you out there, among the stars

Cmdr Nava, GCV Nemesis (Official BC3k tester)

but I will tell you one important factor. I WON'T be staying on the bridge too often. My Marines had better be on their toes, and Paul had better "Shape Up, or Ship Out!"

I think I'm beging to catch on to the consipircy that Chris Blair's been telling me about. IF IT'S TRUE, S.C YOU ARE SO DAMN EVIL!! ;-)

Don't ask me about the consipircy, ask the guy who started it. LOL I'm will die happy if it's true. I think it's just wishful thinking tho. Shoot! I don't want to ruin

S.C's evil master plan....

* ICE walks up very slowly, pokes his head up over the console and asks like a little school boy "?can I be a tester too?" *

Ive beta teseted a lot of programs and games and if bc3020ad is as good (I mean better) as bc3k, Ive got to help! if the SC is interested on giving me a chance just 1 chance at this, send an e-mail to [email protected]

-------------

oh by the way does bc3020ad need the 3dfx card?if it does please fix that or a lot of people are going to be bummed that they cant play it!

------------------

Check my page at Http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/silverblueice and sent comments and/or questions to [email protected] (this is my only e-mail account i use. So please dont use [email protected])

I think Rattler's right. If I drop down into the SP, I'm not going on a sight seeing tour. If I find any intruders running around while my marines are holed up somewhere playing cards, I'm going to get in there, take on the whole lot. Then, I'm going to line up the whole squad of marines in the launch bay and shot them one by one.

Nope, I won't be spending too much time on the bridge either. I fully intend on harrassing my crew at every opportunity. At off times when I couldn't pay an intruder to board my ship, I'll just lob smoke and frag grenades into engineering and wait in the corridor as the engineers pile out...and pick them off one by one with my sniper rifle. Better yet, I'll monitor Perscan until The Last Outpost is packed, drop into SP, go down there and lob grenades in there and perched on a banister high above, pick them off one by one as they rush out. To add to the confusion, I'll just switch my pulse rifle to mode 3 so that it fires grenades, and fill the corridor with smoke...by the time it clears, I should have a sizeable body count. If Paul's still alive, he gets a head shot.

When that gets old, I'm going to decloak, drop my shields and beg passing intruders to board my ship in exchange for 'combat experience'. Yes, I plan on being a tyrant to the very bone. smile.gif

That is evil as hell! Damn I though I was the evil ba!SSstard wink.gif When bc32k comes out I will defiently save game. Then I will take on the role of the deranged commander. Mudering every crew on board. HEHEHE. Soon my Battlecruiser will become a emepty ghost ship floating in the middle of nowhere, with this really tripped out deranged commander living on board by himself. Eating the flesh of his once faithful crewmembers. Nurtipack and brains anyone?

By then every good guy in the galaxy will hear about the isane psycho commander. They will come and board my ship. But they will never leave. The deranged spacephish strikes again....muhahahahah!!

Oh yeah BTW. S.C will the crewmember shoot back? If the commander on my ship went nuts one day and start to shoot everybody. Hell I woulnd't just stand there and let him kill me. Reteliation is a must!

LOL, I'm going isane! I want to play!

[rp]

turns toward the crew, and begin to rap a song from the 20th century.

"If you riding with me! It's murder..."

"Do we bust our guns? Hell yeah we bust our guns"

Junville, Double L.

"Make them say naw naw na naw.uhhhhhuunnnn"

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 08-19-99).]

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 08-19-99).]

Can I throw more fuel on the fire? (G) Please?

Yup it's cool. Take the screen shot that's available (deck1n.jpg say) and sharpen the image. (my own browser shows these sort of fuzzy) Then imagine walking up to the green schematic of the BC. All the way across the bridge. maneuvering around the rails and such. Then imagine turning left or right to view the other two screens that you can see. it then looks like deck1a.jpg. smile.gifCheck out the weight and class of your vessel. (BG)

It's cool. smile.gif It really is. I promise.

(ducks and runs from all the manuals being thrown at him)

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Official BC3K Tester

Dang it, Chavik! You were supposed to tease them a little more before Ya' ducked and ran! wink.gif Like we have all said, reinforced by the SC, It's gonna rock! I just installed a cheap BOKA surround sound system onto this box just so I will be able to hear those explosions going on below decks. When SP is fully functional, and released for us to "check out", I'm sure going to hear those explosions, grab my arsenal, and head out like the cavalry, Hell Bent For Leather, Screaming "Gang Way! Man On A Mission!" biggrin.gif It's Truely going to be one hell of a ride. "Be There, Or Be Square!" I'm still going to throw Resnig out that damn airlock though! frown.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Death comes unchallenged and without honor to those who refuse to make and keep friends within their hearts and souls!"

His footsteps echoed through the empty ship. He was pleased with his handy work, it had taken two days but he had eleminated all of his loyal crew. He was tired and was heading for his readyroom when he heard over the com, "Marines ready for combat." After all his work he had missed the one person that had driven him insane, Resnig. NOOOOOOooooo...... He runs screaming out the air lock. smile.gifsmile.gif

SC- Please.....

'MAX'

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#34741

GALCOMPRIME

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

Rattler you're a genius !!!

Sorry that it has to be this way but..

(RP/)

Commander Black Talon smiles with a devious grin and punches up the personnel comlink

"Resnig, report to air lock one deck 1 prepared for combat in vac suite, I need recon top side now, report when eye contact is made." A few buttons and "Chief is that reverse pole electromagnet attached to the hull as requested?" The chief replies " Sir!, all preparations have been made. Sir? What is this secret weapon against the insurgents?" The commander only responds with a "Wait and see Chief, wait and see."

(Narrative/)

The battle cruiser TAI approaches Spectre HQ slowly, cloaked, all weapons systems down and offline. A small hole appears to open in midspace as a GALCOM officer takes his first steps on to the hull of a cloaked ship.

(Narrative/off)

"Resnig reporting in as ordered. Sir."

The commander looks to the nav officer with a disgusted snear that makes the officer shake just a little with fear. "Distance from Spectre HQ?" shouts Commander Black Talon "2.1clicks. Sir!" comes the report from the navstation. "Now!" comes a hurried order from Black Talon.

(Narrative/)

The battle cruiser gives to seconds of after burn heading straight in to the side of Spectre HQ and just before impact the ship does an insane roll and reverse trust. All at once the Battle cruiser sparks with a violent electrical shock that incapacitates any magnetizing force in operation on the hull of the ship. Sending Paul hurling into space and directly towards Spectre HQ. Unable to stop the building momentum from the mag boots attracting Resnig Closer and closer to Spectre HQ.

(Narrative/off)

"That should keep the insurgent's occupied for some time, especially if they try and recruit him!" Black Talon roars as the battle cruiser makes full speed towards the jump gate. "Now if we can only outrun the insurgents trying to return him.."

(RP/off)

Sorry about the long RP but this SP is just to cool !!!!!! Keep the reports coming !!!! We can only sit back and envy your cruel torturous reports to us lousy misfits that keep coming back for more punishment.

Rattler : Don't worry I wouldn't be as cruel as to do that to you. Yet..

..um, did I mention that the iMotion engine used for the Strike Pak, has multiplayer built in? Well, since it won't work with the external multiplayer for BC:3020AD ('cause both engines can't run at the same time), if there is time, or maybe, down the road as a patch, I'll probably enable it and see how many players it can support. You'd probably then be able to have multiplayer inside the ship. And since you can activate SP without BC3K, you folks can deathmatch amongst yourselves (cause it won't be run on the mp server for the reaons stated) inside the ship.

Now that will be too cool for words. Quake-style deathmatches for the terminally carnage-addicted? I think there'll be a few takers. wink.gif

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Hehe, Look out Warmonger! Insurgent One is gonna' make a house call! That'll be like having an intruder aboard, but he isn't gonna' steal your goodies and run off with your shuttle! Bring it on SC! biggrin.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104