single (dis)/like about bc3k

Cruis.In

Things that bug me:

1) Shuttles look too nice and peaceful. The Battlecruiser is a military vessel, and, therefore, should have shuttle that will have the enemy say "Bugger, that's a military shuttle full of troops/supplies/ATV" etc. Thats only a cosmetic gripe though smile.gif

2) The lack of background information on vessels and weapons. I'm the sort of person that likes to know all the little things about vehicles in games. The problem is, that you don't know who is using what equipment. It's nice to have a hint of an idea what you will come across when on a mission. The array of missles/mines etc.. is cool, but the information conerning them should be accessable from the trading screen.

3) Detection systems.

Being a bit of a flight sim fan, I always try to employ tactics that keep my visibility down, without having to cloak. Maybe some information in the manual about tactics to keep emissions low would help out. or maybe some sort of display in the craft to show how close you are to being detected and tracked.

Things that are WAY COOL that make be a happy bunny! smile.gif

1)

TACOPS.

The best part of the game IMHO. A system that helps you to orchestrate the invasion of a planet. Rock on smile.gif

2)

Amazingly huge amount of things to do.

The ACM was cool, but the ability to just do a "Bill Gates" and ask yourself, "Who do I want to invade today?" really gave me a hard-on. Really.

3)

The vast amount of units in the game.

The last thing I expected when I bought this game, was to find the huge variety of units on planets and in space.

Aircraft carriers, mechanised robots, air-skimmers..etc..

Hmmm.. BCM... (Starts drooling..)

(Added bit, after reading more posts.)

Sorry SC, forget the bit about detection systems. If it's sorted, it's sorted =)

Anyway, the game lights my ring in a big way and the gripes are really nothing in comparison to all the amazingly cool things in BC3K.

(End of rant.)

------------------

Commander Logan

GCV Crazy Horse

*2nd Squadron, Corsair Wing

Stationed, Starbase Cerberus

"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional"

(10763330)

GMT

-=+Wraith Fleet+=-

[This message has been edited by Cmdr. Logan (edited 06-23-2000).]

quote:

Apart from that, I'm sure most want to play all those v2.0x ACM missions in co-op mode.

I definately would! Especially the Insurgent ACM if it's modified for multiplayer. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

I myself play free flight (it's called ROAM now, right?) most of the time, so I don't really care much about new ACM scripts.

As for the PTA, I like it the way it is. Powerful enough to kick away that small fighter like a disturbing fly.

I remember the discussion we had about fog of war many months ago, but I didn't know it had already been implemented in the code. Wow! I wonder how it works. Ahhh, anticipation is killing me.

------------------

See you out there, among the stars

Cmdr Nava, GCV Nemesis (Official BC3k tester)

1) Only minor dislike, heck maybe I am just doing something wrong. I just find it kinda upsetting to see a cruiser that I just tumbled with, on the verge of destruction, turn on the hyperdrive and during the second that it is forming the jump it is completely immune to my fire, to me, I figured it would be the MOST vunerable during that time. During a big battle I tend to create a large convoy of cripples all in line to get into the nearest jump gate. This is just a minor thing to me though, but thought I would mention.

1. Big like: Just being able to manipulate my crew, load them on shuttles, lock them in the clink, give them shore leave on Earth if I like them....or Jupiter, if I don't like them smile.gif

------------------

Commander Lakeela

GCV-King Crimson

Terran Sector

[This message has been edited by Korono Lakeela (edited 06-23-2000).]

I haven't participated in the forums as of late, but I have always been a faithful follower of the game smile.gif

Dislikes:

incredible speed during jumps, and it's good to know that it will be rectified.

that Derek is addressing many of the comments in this thread. I also like the tremendous developer support after release of game from V2.0 to V2.09. It appears to me that so many game developers will release a game, forget about it, and move to work on the next title. Another great attribute of the game is the wacky fans... bc3000ad.com is my comic relief from daily grind... I mean that in a very good way, of course smile.gif

Tom

My little dislike is the sprites for the wormhole rotating to always face the camera. It just looks odd.

I love the freedom and size of the universe.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

quote:

My little dislike is the sprites for the wormhole rotating to always face the camera. It just looks odd.

huh??? whats odd about it? Do you know anything about graphics programming? If so, please tell me whats wrong with it.

I don't claim to know anything about graphics programming, but it looks odd in tacops or when I'm coming in at a different angle as another ship to see the wormhole facing me, he appears to have gone in sideways. In tacops I zoom to a wormhole and rotate the camera aroun it, the sprite is always facing me. it doesn't look too bad until my ship flys through the side of it not even lined up to the front if the wormhole. With fluxfiels and the asteroids, it works fine, its just a personal eyecandy dislike. nothing wrong with the game.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Don't worry Eclipse, i'm sure the SC will nab the wormhole graphic from DS9 and plug it in wink.gif *wicked grin*

The jumpgate graphics were improved if you look at the screenshots...wonder how the wormholes look like now. biggrin.gif

SC: I see.

Tac: look through those pics again there is one that has a wormhole targeted in the CVD. Not sure if it's the final

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

hey hold on I said ONE dislike ehheeh smile.gif

or did I??

Hey SC, I downloaded the mp3 theme song, I like it! I play lead guitar so it's cool to me. About BC:M, are the weapons lik lasers going to be beam weapons? LIke on the box art for it?

Rattler, what I mean by the combat is it's not fun to fly it from the bridge of the BC.

I monitor things from tacops. and all it is is point and click at which ship to destroy.

------------------

Commander Cruis.In

Spectre Fleet

CEO, Sygan Star Station

ICV Defiance

"Dare to be defiant"