Top Posters In This Topic

I can hardly wait to see it biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Hooray! I'm feeling..... dizzy..... twirl.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Yippeee-eye-yaaaaaa!!!

De Deconstruction implementation will commence biggrin.gif in this target rich arena cool.gif

TTFN

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

*1st Squadron, *Corsair Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Cerberus

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270, EST (GMT-5)

=Wraith Fleet=

Second in Command, Wraith Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council

Guest aramike01

*Mr. Burns voice* Excellent... mwahahahahaha!

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Now THAT IS good news! Hmmmm, How many more minutes is it until then, exactly? cool.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Bad? You ain't seen BAD, But WE'RE Coming!

Rounded to the beginning of today, approximately 48,960 minutes: provided my math is correct. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Man, go on vacation for a week and this is what I come back too...

1. Cancled BCTE

2. Project ABC

3. Free release of BCTE (Best 1 hour download of my life, worth every second, all 3,600 of them! Thanks SC!)

4. Now this.

I can't wait for September 15th either!

smile.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by GREG MILLER (edited 08-14-2000).]

This is what we have all been waiting for !! I can't wait until Sept. 15, this should put an end to all the negatives that we have seen for some time. SC have you decided how to distribute the demo ( example PC Gamer magazine...or just your website). Congrats SC you have worked long and hard on this project and now it's time for the rewards.

------------------

rgordon434

I think he should send it to me directly via my presently unstable pr0n connection, then, while I'm playing it and it's eating up all my system resources, everyone else can download it from me at an eye-bleeding 2k/second. This will show the world both what an evil man I am, and the fact that BCM kicked enough ass to make me subject the world to the kind of terror a 2k/second transfer speed would give.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Actually, (as long as we're alowed to freely distribute the file) I'll have my best friend throw it up on his machine. His work gave him personal rack space at their co-location facility so he has a dual PIII550 (last time I checked) system with a 64-bit gigabit ethernet card sitting on a 2 gig backbone to multiple OC-12's to the internet biggrin.gif (true 1000 base-t connection to the net) He currently runs the fastest TFC server on the westcoast and ranked #7 fastest in the world. He frequently throws up any of the latest cool stuff on his server for d/l by others so I don't think it'll be a problem =)

Anybody who wants to play some TFC the server name is Lucifer's Flowers (think: My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult), just be ready for a "server's full" message ;]

Guest aramike01

Vorpal-what are you talking about?

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Referring to being a possible mirror for the demo I believe.. might be a good idea too, since the 3000ad.com server may end up being crammed up the whazoo so much that even my precious cable will get <30k/second speeds. Something we certainly cannot allow...

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

Guest aramike01

I figured that out. Except the "best friend" part. Like the SC, I've come to expect a "my friend couldn't do it...too many other things" line when it comes time to put up.

Don't mean to be a downer, though - if it can actually happen then by all means I welcome an extra server.

So, I'll put up another offer. I happen to personally own a domain and web space, and so long as it'll be a very temporary arrangement, I'll set up a mirror download site to link directly in to 3000ad.com when the time comes. Do be advised, though: I'm allotted a certain amount of bandwidth per month and would prefer to not go over.

Well, the offer's on the table for use if needed.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 08-15-2000).]

The compat build won't have multiplayer in it. Its disabled.

The final demo will not have multiplayer in it. However the multiplayer testing phase of the compat builds, will have non-persistent multiplayer - ie, if you leave the server, thats it, when you come back, you start from scratch, even though the server can be running 24-7. Only GCO will have persistent servers because it requires a lot more work and structure to support.

The compat test is just to weed out all the lurking OS, sound, video problems etc. There will be several compat tests, as things are found, fixed, resolved.

Then comes the multiplayer phase of the compat test. Again, to see just how much it can be stretched and to determine the num of players, world size etc, based on different types of servers around the world. You simply cannot setup a server on a modem connection. You must have cable, XDSL, ISDN etc. I will be setting up private servers for my own official testers, the press etc. These, I know, will be on 24-7, unlike the user created servers which, unless the person has spare machines, can go off at any time.

Once all the issues in the subsequent compat builds have been resolved, then comes the full blown demo shebang with all final features, tweaks etc but no multiplayer.

The demo, as always, will be based on final Gold code. So, when you see the demo, you know the Gold CD-ROM is already off to manufacturing. Same thing I did with v2.0x.

As for distribution. Its going to cost about $10 + S&H to get in on the gig. It won't be a download. You have to obtain a serialized CD-ROM. $5 of this goes toward your purchase of the final boxed game. If you don't like the game after trying it, well, tough. No refunds. And if it ever appears online, I know exactly whose CD-ROM it was that the image got burned from.

I will do a free downloadable demo, as I said, the week the game goes Gold. But of course, that could be 3-4 months after the first compat build. So, if you're still sitting around waiting for a demo and didn't get in on the compat test, then, you're not a fan. biggrin.gif

All of this is subject to change of course.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 08-15-2000).]

aramkike: As Parias said I was refering to using my friend's system as a place to d/l the comp. test from. As I mentioned he's using it as a Team Fortress Classic server so I gave it's name so people here can see it's legit. http://tfc.congiman.com/

It wont be a BC:M server. He's offered to let me use it as a server for my own games but only if they're linux based.

quote:

...Its going to cost about $10 + S&H to get in on the gig...

So to get in on this gig will cost a measly $10 + S&H; say $15 total (I likes round numbers, makes numeration computation easier). No problem here w/ me cool.gif

So is it safe to assume that some sort of "...applications are now being accepted for...BCM beta... Send application to [email protected]... Note: e-mail address is fictious, or words to that effect, that will open the BCM beta-test floodgates?

I vaguely remember the SC referring to some-such thing a few months back.

TTFN and waiting patiently biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

*1st Squadron, *Corsair Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Cerberus

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270, EST (GMT-5)

=Wraith Fleet=

Second in Command, Wraith Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council

Do I make that check out to Dr. Derek Smart, or 3000AD, or Supreme Commander of Galcom?

biggrin.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'