New BCM shots released

Supreme Cmdr

nope, no bump mapping. The textures are detailed enough. Besides, I've decided to drop bump mapping support due to lack of time and resources required to do them.

btw, if everything looks kinda dark, as opposed to the full bright nature of other space sims (eg upcoming I-War2), its because BCM is using accurate lighting from several sources. Space is dark and IMHO, shouldn't be lit up like a Christmas tree. There are going to be a few more dynamic light sources (from port holes etc) to complement the implicit dynamic light sources from particle effects such as contrails, weapons fire etc. These should provide enough light to maintain the eerie feeling of space, without going the full-bright route.

To see what I'm talking about, go here: biggrin.gif

http://www.voodooextreme.com/article.taf?articleID=108

Darned fine pic's Boss, NO they are better than that! I agree whole heartedly on the thought of darkened space. It's gotta be dark out there on the rim! My compliments, as always to yourself and the Dev Crew. Now just one more question. You guessed it, so I won't ask it. wink.gif

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromancer, Spectre (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

As I said over at the VE comments board, "purdy". As usual though, the thing had it's share of psycotic nay-sayers.. but who could say the game looks ugly with a beautiful picture like this? Damn, that one right there is vying for desktop space over my purdy lil Mechwarrior 4 shot.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Awaiting final assignment

Balor Fleet

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

Very nice sc. I can hardly wait for the 15th... at least I think thats what the date was. Keep up the great Work SC

------------------

Commodore Kyle M. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Starstaion Destiny

ICV- Eclipse

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

After hours of staring at the pics of Wraith HQ (and of course the others too,but these ones stopped me on my tracks!)

IM IN LOVE! Look at those lines... the grace-filled struts, the... oh MAN!

As a side note, those stations look FRIGGIN HUGE! YESSSS!

45 more reasons I must have this game!

I could go on for hours but that would cut into valuable game-playing time, so I'll just quietly and gleefully blow things up and wait for the 15'th biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

http://www.hasakitech.com

quote:

btw, if everything looks kinda dark, as opposed to the full bright nature of other space sims (eg upcoming I-War2), its

because BCM is using accurate lighting from several sources. Space is dark and IMHO, shouldn't be lit up like a Christmas

Yeahhh baby!!!

Realism!!! Cool!!

Oops, I'm sorry, I couldn't help it.

------------------

See you out there, among the stars

Cmdr Nava, GCV Nemesis (Official BC3k tester)

I've been away for two weeks (down in SC's home state). Just catching up, the new pictures look great. I also agree that lighting should resemble real space as closely as possible. Keep up the good work, looking forward to getting my hands on the game !

------------------

rgordon434

The detail on the stations is great. Praise to the team smile.gif">...<P>------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security; G3 Tactics (Acting)

[This message has been edited by Maxamillian (edited 09-11-2000).]