New BCM Beta shots

Supreme Cmdr

These should keep you awake all weekend biggrin.gif

www.3000ad.com/shots/bcmshots15.shtml

In some of those shots (where am about to breach the station), just think: ...wait'll I get in there, those *******s won't know what hit 'em

In case you were wondering what the heck I was doing out there. I parked over the station, dropped out of an airlock in first person and decided to fly over to the station. I tried this over at GHQ and at Gammulan. It went well until some goons decided to show up and start a war in the region. Since, being a small guy, any fragment can kill me, I decided to hightail it outta there and back into my ship. I think we got one of them. You should see an explosion but am not sure what was blowing up at the time.

If you think that Sabre MLS rifle looks menacing, it is. It fires regular rounds as well as bad ass rockets. Nothing like flying around in zero-G toting a big-ass weapon.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 10-27-2000).]

Looks great. I like 310, 312, and 314. They really show a sense of scale. Have seen other reviews talking about "Huge" capital ships. These look pretty darn big. biggrin.gif

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

ICV Phoenix, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

Fleet Leader - Balor Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

(note: I am not a programmer or coder (take your pick tongue.gif), this is just a joke!)

{

If in space=1

and

enemy ships=1

then

return to base=1

otherwise

if enemy ships=0

then

return to base=0

}

Anyway, eek5.gif

Just what I was looking for to test out this new 17" Monitor. eek.gif Those are Great!!!

You da man SC!!!

smile.gif

------------------

Commander Greg Miller

GCV - Sark, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet XO, Wing Leader, Tsunami Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

quote:

dropped out of an airlock

Whaaat?? S.C kicked out of the air lock, hmmm never seen that before smile.gif

LOL, this bcm deal is getting a bit ironic. Tiss going to get really SuCky sUcKY for dem detractors once this bad mutha of a game come out. cwm20.gif

Nice shots! This wait for tha beta is freaking killin me....

cwm17.gif

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 10-28-2000).]

Guest aramike01

quote:

Whaaat?? S.C kicked out of the air lock, hmmm never seen that before

LOL! Who'd have thought that the SC would be the first out the airlock? biggrin.gif

Great shots!

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid, Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

You can only love or hate what you truly understand!

Impressive is the only word that comes to mind after seeing those shots. WOW!

Kind of reminds of a little fish in a BIG ocean. wink.gif

cwm35.gif

I wonder what they will look like splattered on my shield array? cwm24.gif

[This message has been edited by Wolferz (edited 10-28-2000).]

Awsome SC... I'm really looking forward to the beta and then the GAME!

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

The shots look absolutely amazeing. That engine you are using really must be one bad azz puppy. The way it scales the marine the ship and station all in the same gaming enviroment and all to size is simply amazing indeed. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Karl Wolf (edited 10-28-2000).]

quote:

That engine you are using really must be one bad azz puppy.

All my engines are developed inhouse. BCM does not contain any third party licensed engines.

All models are created to scale by my kick-as group of modelers and artists, with Jason as the lead (is he kick-ass or what?).

Query on the gun: I notice in one shot it NOT in his hand or on his person- did you drop it to move faster? or does it disappear if not mounted in his hand?

Man, that's soooo sweet!!

Anyhow, I noticed in some of these shots that, as in BC3k v2.x, it is often hard to tell how high you are flying. For example, in those shots where you are on your knee. You can't really tell if you're actually on the ground or hovering a few feet above it. I had the same feeling when watching my support crafts flying on the surface from an external view. So I thought that placing a shadow on the ground would definitely remove that ambiguity. If you see the object and its shadow, you get a feeling on how high it's flying. So I was wondering if the current graphics engine, which looks so sophisticated, allows objects to cast shadows.

Great shots, BTW!

------------------

See you out there, among the stars

Cmdr Nava, GCV Nemesis (Official BC3k tester)

[This message has been edited by Hector Socas Navarro (edited 10-30-2000).]

If me in a crouch mode and with one knee at ground zero is not an indication that I'm on the ground, then am baffled.

I will probably put in shadows in the final version but if you can't tell from this pic that I'm on the ground, a shadow won't help you either since it can be cast from any altitude.

quote:

If me in a crouch mode and with one knee at ground zero is not an indication that I'm on the ground, then am baffled.

Too bad that my ICs don't have knees, though smile.gif

I guess we won't be spending so much time looking at every detail of the screenshots once we get the damn CD.

------------------

See you out there, among the stars

Cmdr Nava, GCV Nemesis (Official BC3k tester)

I especially like photo334 where you are hovering near a cannon. The scale is just incredible! The sheer size of that cannon appears like it'd do some serious damage to incoming ships! smile.gif

Great pics!

------------------

Commodore ShoHashi

ICV Aries, New Frontier (Rinaal)

Station Commander, New Frontier

Bishamon Fleet

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

quote:

Too bad that my ICs don't have knees, though

Yes, but they have an altitude tape. cwm6.gif

quote:

I especially like photo334 where you are hovering near a cannon. The scale is just incredible! The sheer size of that cannon appears like it'd do some serious damage to incoming ships!

Actually thats one of the top turrets on my ship. I just fly up to it.

That mere "top turret" looks like something I'd prefer to cuddle up to at night. Bah, who needs silly things like "beds", "cover", and "proper waste disposal"? I'd just sleep right out on the hull plating! smile.gif

------------------

Commodore. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Sanctuary Storage Facility (Sygan)

Balor Fleet

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

• 2 weeks later...