New terrain shots

Supreme Cmdr

Whoa...

Gosh its going to be hard to fly. I can just imagine:

PILOT- We're entering atmosphere now; arming weapons systems.

COPILOT- Entering atmosphere, check. Weapons armed, check. Hey, did you see that over there?

PILOT- What? Ooooo... Man its been years since I've seen a sunrise like that!

COPILOT- You can say that again. Who'd want to wake up to the glow of fluorescent light on the bulkheads again after seeing this?

PILOT- Yeah... Wow, look at the clouds rolling by over that mountain range!

COPILOT- Sure is beautiful. Hey, how about over there? You can see the surf spray as it pounds the beach by that anti-aircraft emplacement.

PILOT- And over... HEY!

KABOOM

(silence as the remains of the Interceptor drift earthward like autumn leaves against the firy sky)

ANTI-AIRCRAFT TECH- Hey, we weren't ordered to open fire yet!

ANTI-AIRCRAFT GUNNER- Yeah, but it was blocking the scenery.

[This message has been edited by Joel Schultz (edited 12-13-2000).]

At the risk of sounding like a buttmunch, what precisely does a pic from B-17 Flying Fortress 2 have to do with the new terrain graphics Wolferz? Granted, the pic is nice and humorous, but it's not really relevant.. hehe

------------------

Commodore. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Sanctuary Storage Facility (Sygan)

Balor Fleet

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

[This message has been edited by Parias (edited 12-14-2000).]

quote:

Originally posted by Parias:

At the risk of sounding like a buttmunch, what precisely does a pic from B-17 Flying Fortress 2 have to do with the new terrain graphics Wolferz? Granted, the pic is nice and humorous, but it's not really relevant.. hehe

Gee, tough crowd.

cwm6.gif

btw: SC, the terrain looks great!

[This message has been edited by Wolferz (edited 12-14-2000).]

They are definitely basking in the sun. smile.gif Look closely. They're sitting in little deck chairs.

I don't have that sim yet, but I will.

It was a neat easter egg that was clued through one of the soundtracks as morse code.

------------------

Cmdr H. T. Wolferz

GCV-Kentucky, GALCOMHQ (EARTH)

Prime Fleet - Beta Wing

• 1 month later...

quote:

In case you were wondering, yes, GCO will have underwater bases, cities, plant/animal lifeforms as well as submersible user controlled vehicles.

cwm24.gif

Please tell me that you meant "BCM" too -- I'd love to try piloting a shuttle (the waterproof variety, of course) underwater!

As for the rest of the shots...what can I say? This game is going to be awesome.