Things that make you go...whoa!!!

Supreme Cmdr

mmllmmbhehhih *mumbles as an idiot*, you really should stop doing this to us.

I had to explain why I'm acting like that to the whole class of 12 year old pupils.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa... out of office for one day, and I find this when I come back?!

Hey! Now there's a theory worth investigating! Maybe my time in the office is inversely proportional to the progress made and updates on BCM. Which means if I somehow stay home all week, it should be done by Saturday? j/k

[ 04-26-2001: Message edited by: Joel Schultz ]

In answer to your question... I was seeing if you were different from every1 else... Every1 I know says they'll post shots in a min and 3 days later it is there.. just checked.. the other shots look good.. Can't wait 4 the demo 2 arrive...

....I took my guys over to Jupiter. So I took some shots to send home to their parents.

Added 4 more shots. Go check 'em out. The last shot, btw, was take on IO, which happens to be a moon that even though has a gaseous atmosphere, also has a solid core (unlike a truly gaseous planet like Jupiter)

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

...torture has a new name. And its called SC

"CAN'T ....... STAND .... THE ...... PRESSURE"

Just looked at those shots and I only have one word...

Astounding

Hey Hecotr ty the demo has arrived... I think you guys won't c me for a couple of years huh TY HECTOR

Like the new shots... :P

Ur right SC is torture

C u among the stars 2 Hector

This is likely one of the most asinine questions ever asked on the boards... but what about trees and forests? While BCM is definately one of the most jaw-dropping sims I've ever seen, I just wonder about the "emptiness" and "flatness" of the planet surfaces I've seen in the released screenshots so far. Like Mt. Olympus on Mars (And its whole jagged canyon-covered surface)... is all of that actually rendered? Will forests or vast, sprawling cities on some planets? I'm guessing all of this are possible future updates, but I just wonder. The more detail, the better.

There is supposed to be support for forest planets and other stuff(BCM Beta Version Control File). Cool!

quote:

New PTE-II terrain engine implemented as a first pass WIP release. Some notes:

-New terrain supports a variety of planet types, including a new 'forest' type.

-New terrain supports a variety of weather and wind conditions, which are enabled by on climate zone patterns.

-New terrain supports land, water, underground and underwater areas.

-New terrain supports gas giants and some with molten or frozen cores. In a gas giant, you will never get to the core if it doesn't have one. e.g Jupiter does not have a core, but its moons, IO, Europa and some others, do.

-Compounds are now refered to as 'scenes'......

-A few mission zone and scene areas have been created on Earth, Mars and the Moon. A script will later be written to autogenerate others needed for the planets/moons which are populated.

SC, I have to comment to all the hard work you and all the 3000ad Team have been churning out. Keep it coming! Can't wait, man!