UC Dev Status - Ship it or give it another month?

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Convoolio:

UC currently listed as $39.99 at
Dreamcatcher
. Hope this means you won the fight SC.

Or has the fight not even started?

No, they haven't even bothered to change it yet.

The fight started the minute they confirmed to me that they were going ahead with this move.

As I posted here, I expect nothing less than another victory against this publisher.

As far as orders go, I cannot advise you folks on what to do or not do. That would be interfering with their business (they still have the rights to the game, despite this farce) and leave myself open to a lawsuit if I do that.

What I have posted is clear. This is not the price point for the game. If you buy the game at that price point, there is a very good chance that you won't get any support for it because we won't have any money to support it and the contract would be in dispute and undergoing litigation. I am NOT asking you or stopping you - or ANYONE - from buying, pre-ordering the game or canceling your pre-order. With all the information at hand, you should be able to make your own decisions. After all, its your money. If this goes bad, you would have paid $20 for, well, a demo.

I cancelled. No way am I putting money in this publishers pocket and not the developer. And thats what it sounds like I would be doing if I understand this correctly.

I'll wait for the real 3000ad supported version. In the meantime, I'll play BCMG.

Its not a difficult decision at all in my eyes.

SC,

I am sorry you are going through this ridiculous dog and pony show--I simply don't understand the publishers 'mind set' (Possibly too kind--do they have minds??) in this industry.

I cannot tell you how many rubbish filled games I have purchased, and when a decent game or simulator is nearly within grasp....

Maybe I am too 'old school' having been broken in on a Sinclair ZX81 and owning some type of computer since then. This industry has changed quite a bit, from the purchasers standpoint, anyway, (we are not allowed 'manuals' anymore among other things...) and to see this constant publisher 'taking it to' the developer is making me very upset and 'fearful' of buying any product at all.

It was not always like this, but you would know that better than I. I am sorry you have to go through crap like this.

rvs

quote:

Originally posted by Andergum:

This totally sucks.

Is there any way to buy the game directly from you??

Perhaps a pay for support situation???

I'd much rather give the $$$ to you than have to give any to a-holes like Dreamcatcher.

I'm with Andergum on this one. I know though it would be a logistical imposibility to keep trace of who bought it where and would breach contract with Dreamcatcher but I can dream.

Ah well Just wait for the next "supported" title I suppose (read title Derek doesn't get screwed over because of) there is NO way I'm going to support Dreamcatcher in this, even if it means I miss out on UC altogether.

I agree with the rest of you, if the game is not sold at a price that will make Derek money, I will NOT buy the game.

I will also NOT buy another title by Dreamcatcher, EVER, or until they straighten this out to Derek's satisfaction.

At this time I am boycotting Dreamcatcher, if the rest of you care to join me in a boycott, please do.

Dreamcatcher is on MY list of DO NOT BUY!! And will be until Derek is satisfied with them.

Until Derek tells me that he is satisfied with the results of this litigation, nothing with Dreamcatcher on it is bought with my wallet or goes on my computer!!

Your attorney is HARDcore!! Right on Derek.

Some lawyers are indeed worth the price, and this guy looks like on of them.

He is no nonsense, this is the way it is, and this is what you will do, or else.

I like it!! I like it a lot!!

Phase One document is KICK ASS!!! My lawyer (an italian loveable woman in social life that becomes a diehard lawyer in courts!) told me that Derek first move is faultless... perfect!!!

SC will win. No doubt about it. Dreamcatcher made an impressive foolishness.

Developers 1 - 0 Publishers.

Ok I know I am new so don't flame me too hard. But if it doesn't violate any contract or you can find a loop hole then I have an idea to help out while you fight. Rally some support from your fans and write a story builder{aka complex mission builder} and/or a novice level craft/planet/station builder with there help and sell it from Your site.

Or if that is a "Lock me up in the nut-house" idea then try turning to the warez world and have warez-to-register kits that have SC version manual (that you->SC have full rights too!!)plus other stuff and that should help bring some money for support. Plus maybe if you sell some manual with your autograph, you might increase sale and please Die hard collecting fans. Plus you can say your fighting illegal warezing. Hey it just an Idea.

Just cancelled two copies of UC. Cancelled one at EBgames and one at gamestop. Was unsure what to do but guess this is the best action i guess i'll wait until further notice.

Was checking some documents last night on dreamcatcher seems he did some namechanging in the past.

Hope this will be resolved soon .

http://www.justadventure.com/Interviews/Ri...rd_Wah_Kan.shtm

Well, FYI, with the amount of Special needs people now posting over on the Dreamcatcher forums, I will no longer be posting on that board.

The more I post, the more the idiots and special needs people feel their need to post their drivel, while drewling at their keyboard.

Since I do not take to having drewl and other human waste and such nonsense on my monitor, I will no longer be reading or posting to that forum.

I will let the Neanderathals and their special needs brethren have it.

errr...I`m guessing you`ve got a different slant on the term "special needs" ?? over here it refers to people who need help for problems not of their own making, you seem to use the term as a very strange way of showing your "superior" intelect, (certainly not your spelling!!!)....

maybe I choose my words a bit more carefully and thoughtfully than you perhaps??

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Good Night Derek...

You must have "Anti Publisher" Genes in your DNA or something.

This really sucks. What it boils down to are Publishers in this day and age are to big for their Britches. They Expect to call all the shots and basically Lord it over their Developers. When they dont get to do that because a Dev stands up for their hard work they throw King Louie the 5th like Temper Tantrums and Whip out the Guillotine.

They know there is demmand for this game from the base. They know there is demmand for this game form the general Scifi game comminity. They know this game will sell well for a niche product. Their actions make no sense except for the theory that the owner is pissed off at you and wants to set an example. Thats all i can see here.

The Publishing end of the game market is just out of control.

quote:

Originally posted by lynxz:

errr...I`m guessing you`ve got a different slant on the term "special needs" ?? over here it refers to people who need help for problems not of their own making, you seem to use the term as a very strange way of showing your "superior" intelect, (certainly not your spelling!!!)....

maybe I choose my words a bit more carefully and thoughtfully than you perhaps??

Perhaps it is because I am over here, and you are over there?

And my spelling is just fine thank you very much.

I played with a couple, see if you can figure out which ones.....

And don't respond to the above post, I am in a really crappy mood, and you won't make it much better.

So just chill out and ignore me, it would be the right thing to do.

If not the smart one.....