You can run it in Windows 10, but only with DOSBox
1) Download the latest version of DOSBox and extract into a folder
2) Download the ZIP archive version of BC3K209 and extract to a folder e.g. C:\
3) In Notepad or any text editor, edit BC3000AD.INI and change cdrom and home parameters to this, then save the file.
4) Run DOSBox
NOTE: ALL the following commands are all from within the DOSBox console session. Press ENTER after each console command.
5) Mount the folder from step #2 as a virtual drive e.g.
mount c: c:\bc3000ad
6) Run the setup program by first changing to the drive above, then running the sound setup program.
7) Sound setup options:
Audio: select AUTO-DETECT. If it shows anything different from SoundBlaster 16/AWE32 with PORT:220, DMA:1, IRQ:7, then you must set those manually.
Music: select NO MIDI DEVICE
Select OK to write the SETUP.CFG file and exit
8) Run the game as normal. You can add /n to bypass the intro, or press ESC to cancel intro playback
1) Command line parameters
/d1 = debug mode (if enabled in distribution. Also required to bypass CD check)
/n = do not play intro
/v? = display list of 2D video cards supported in native mode
/v1 = play it safe and use VESA mode
/vn = use specific 2D video card where n=card num displayed in /v?
use /v1 for VESA mode if card not supported directly
/g = run 3DFX Glide version (v1.07C or higher)
2) Any frontend UI option (e.g. New Game) will take a few seconds to load. This is normal due to emulation. You will experience the same delay when trying to access any Frontend UI systems (Logistix, Tactical etc), including the save/restore game options.
3) You can run the game in a window or full screen using DOSBox.
4) You can use a DOSBox frontend such as Dfend Reloaded which gives you better setup options and more control over the DOSBox config. You can download it from here http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/