Weird radar problem

Guest DustBuster

Guest DustBuster

When I'm on the surface of a planet, and swich the radar to SUL mode, I can't switch back to AIR or GND. Its simply stuck no matter how many times i press 'k'.

Its only this way for the BC, I have tried with interceptor, shuttle and ATV, and their radar works fine.

Does anyone else have this problem, and is there any other way of solving it than to leave the planet and reenter?

I'm using the freeware version of BC3K BTW.

havent had that problem yet. maybe because I dont think a BC is a suitable ship to be flying in an atmosphere. think about it, a some 100K ship cruising about your city and eventually landing on a residential area. loool... I thought the planet inhabitants might not like that either, so i try to avoid BC planetfalls when possible.

Cheers

Funny that you say that, my BC was the MAIN battlewagon for me, loved to shoot down into atmosphere and shoot up the place with my PTA etc. Wasn't nearly as likely to get shot down!! LOL

It was fun, but it's better to just sit in orbit and blow them up with the OTS missiles!! BIG ONES!!! BOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!! LOL

SC was once quoted saying that the BC is not truly an atmospheric ship. It CAN go there, but things don't work right. This includes sensors. I have had this problem you mention above. It's supposed to work that way.

Admittedly, it's kind of nice to be able to obliterate things with your BC on a planet. But until BCM comes out, try to avoid it.

BCM battlecruisers are "more" designed to handle atmosphere (as far as I understand).