Newbie confusion.

I have been playing BCM for a few weeks and reading everything I can find. I have a few questions at the moment that I can't seem to find answers to.

1. Pg 26 of the manual gives the color-coding for the SSR, indicating that red means the System has been destroyed and is inoperable. All of the ICONS in my SSR display are red even though the systems are functioning. They do cycle from Blue to Yellow to Red as the damaged system is repaired. Why am I confused?

2. The appendix under MISC ITEMS indicates the existence of a probe and three stations, Medical, Repair and Weapons. Are these stations available and where do you find them.

3. I have read the information about the SMD on page 26 of the manual. I have yet to be able to see anything, even on my shuttles, returning with full mining drones. What am I doing wrong.

4. I have been very successful mining on MARS. I have tried to Mine on the Earths Moon and the TACOPS always show me the Earth and not the moon. Is it in fact true that only a ÔÇ£Planets surfaceÔÇØ can be mined and not a Moon?

5. And lastly. When I registered I did not have all my computer specs. How do I now add them to my profile.

Thank you in advance.

1. Not sure what you mean here.

2. Medical, Repair, and Weapons stations are all in the same object, the supply station. Look for one at a planetary base or around a space station. They're only useful in FP mode, btw.

3. Not sure, but when you select SMD it should show the cargo of a support craft or a cargo box. In the case of shuttles with mining drones, I think the SMD displays the cargo of the drone only when it's outside the shuttle, but not when it's in the shuttle. If you want to see how full the drones are, go into Tactical, Loadout, then select SC, and finaly select drone. You can then see how full each drone is and it's status.

4. You have to mine on the planet's surface, but the Moon is a planet too . The procedure for mining is:

1) Go into TacOps

2) click on the target planet or moon

3) zoom to the area you want to mine from

4) Set 1 waypoint for each shuttle you want to deploy a drone from, and set it's position. Set the waypoints as "Deploy Drone".

5) Launch the shuttle(s), with "resume waypoints" orders. Make sure you're close to the planet or moon in question first, though...

6) Once you see the message,"Mining drone X deployed from Shuttle Y", the shuttles will start heading home. Then go have some fun, chase some pirates, save the galaxy, etc. while the drones fill.

5. Not sure...is the NWW around to handle this one?

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

5. And lastly. When I registered I did not have all my computer specs. How do I now add them to my profile.

Go here to register, or to login and change your info.

quote:

1. Pg 26 of the manual gives the color-coding for the SSR, indicating that red means the System has been destroyed and is inoperable. All of the ICONS in my SSR display are red even though the systems are functioning. They do cycle from Blue to Yellow to Red as the damaged system is repaired. Why am I confused?

I know what you mean. A bright red is destroyed, sometimes it even flashes. Yellow is for damaged, but still working. Blue is for "under repair"

When an item is has 0% damage and not under repairs, it becomes dark red... just to show its there. Don't worry, the difference between the bright and dark red is great enough.

Yellow state systems may not be as effective as if they were undamaged, typical examples : lower energy output from the reactor, slower speed for engines, smaller and slower charging shields, etc...

If an icon turns from blue to yellow, that means you weren't able to repair a system completely, probably from a lack of needed spare parts. You'll have to get what you need to complete repairs. It might also happpen if you interrupted repairs before completion.

You might also have a grey CLK ico if you are flying anything but a carrier... that means you don't have that system, the cloaking system.

[ 01-31-2002, 02:56: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

3 out of 5 ain't bad. Thank you all .

The mining was a stupidity on my part. When I went to TACOPS I was clicking on the center of the display which appears to always be the planet.. I wasn't aware of the other targets off to the sides...

I need to be more procise about the special units. If you look at the Appendix in Misc Units you will see the units I am refering to.

The Medical Unit provides the following information

---------------------------------------

REDUCES FF AND INCREASES LF.

STAND IN FRONT OF STATION TO ACTIVATE.

USABLE BY ANYONE - INCLUDING NPCs

DEACTIVATES WHEN PLAYER STEPS AWAY OR WHEN FF AND LF ARE AT FULL LEVELS.

----------------------------------------

I have some crew that would love to stand infront of such a device.

And finally. No matter who or what I target I never see a manifest.

Thank you

• 1 month later...
Guest M J OConnor

I am trying to add my system profile information to my sig. In this thread it says to go 'here' to get instructions do it. When I clicked on 'here' a screen pops up that says there is no such location. How do I find out how to add my profile????