Cruiser or Carrier?

d8alus

Yup, you can slice stormcarriors in half with a single pass of a Gerid. They can take a beating, dish out massive ammounts of death, and can fly close to fighter speeds. You can just ignore clouds of fighters, and the carrior's pta system would never deal enough damage to the cruiser to fend it off.

Carriors are flying fortresses, for attacking other baces.

Cruisers are carrior killers, but are not as good as carriors for handling adverse situations and bace attacks.

Fly the MK line of carriors if you want speed and utility/upgrade abilitys.

Best choose your side soon.

Guest MIKE113

quote:

Don't forget that the cruisers can have upgrades as well. Armor, shields and reactor can b maxed out.

That's right!! The GCV Lesath with LinearIV and TitaniumV shield and hull upgrades gives it shields of 6250 and a hull of 12,500!!

Guest Grayfox

ah! but cruisers cant have any upgrades that require a research engineer, because they dont have one... whereas the carriers do.

all the cool heavy death upgrades require a RE (ie:RANDOM) its a delicate balance. im more of a standoff attacker in a carrier unless im taking on a station then im cloak and unload. ill usually keep myself at arms length when taking on a cruiser and use my fighters to flush the cruiser into a vulnerable position where i can finish it off

in a cruiser im the bob n weave work my way in type of attacker taking advantage of the cruisers speed and maneuverability, and doing broadside rakes with the PTA's.

I prefer the cruiser, they just seem more enjoyable to command.

one time i made out a list of advantages/disadvantages of each... one that I listed for advantage on the carrier is that it can cloak, but the only thing I really MISS on a carrier that isn't on cruisers is the large marine compliment...people who command cruisers will know what I'm talking about...its a pain in the ass being boarded by 10 intruders when all you have is 5 marines....

to you artifact people: if multiplayer is gonna balanced then the artifacts will have to be toned down, because some of the things those artifacts can do would just not make it any fun to fight against anyone with them.

Id like that the server side has the option to turn on/off artifacts in the game world.