The demo is bugging out of me

Guest ROoCOocOo

Guest ROoCOocOo

Hey,

sorry to disturb your nap SC, but I've got a problem with the demo.

I can run it smoothly, but sometimes the game just crashes and leaves me with my very 'unspacy' win2k desktop or even with the famous white on blue memory dump.

This already happened about 5 times in the 4 days I'm playing, so I'm guessing it ain't happening for fun...

Last time, this happened when I captured a station

My config:

PIII 450 MHz

nVidia TNT w 8 MB Vid RAM

Win2k w SP1

DirectX 8.0

128 MB SDRAM

I have adjusted all settings in the Display properties as described in the troubleshoot FAQ (I actually read it about 5 times before I posted here), so I'm thinking it can't be my fault?

I was thinking, maybe it is why I'm only having about 600 Megs of free space on my C-drive? I really don't have a clue.

Anyway, thx for a GREAT GAME!

BTW: when playing the demo of the 2.09 version this happened also!

quote:

sorry to disturb your nap SC, but

LOL!!! Thats funny

Make sure you read the other threads on the demo. This is usually a sign of a bad config, drivers etc. Read the FAQ again. I just updated it yesterday. And be sure that you have added /d2 flag to the shortcut before playing.

Guest ROoCOoCOo

Okay, I'll try that one (I'll post the result here tomorrow, 'cause I'm at work right now and even how much I would like to play BC here, I can't

thx again!

Look back in this forum (change view posts back if you need to; its around March), and check the Station Docking thread. There is a download patch for the 1st demo there, which should correct the station docking sequence, and prevent your crashed in that particular instance.