• 3 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted
by DREADA:

ps. Whats this I hear about you being unavailable in the future...I was looking forward to seeing EarthCOM in action!

College starts next week. Thanks for your concern, Dreada. But I won't be "unavailable" in the future. I just will not have as much time as I do now.

Things are changing for Earthcom though. We have at least two Cadets working away at their MP training (courtesy of Prime Fleet). Once they complete their assignments, we will have a full three-member Multi-Player team.

[ 09-22-2004, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: Quazar ]

• 3 weeks later...

I have created a new primary fleet for EarthCom, called Vanguard.

Also, S.C.I.D is now a wing under that fleet.

Edit: Fleet Leaders, please take note of this change. Earthcom members, don't forget to update your signatures. BTW, the full signature rules will be posted after the balance of our Fleet structure is finalized.

[ 08-03-2005, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Quazar ]

• 8 months later...

Watch our Bulletin Board for details and further developments. All current members, in good standing, of any Fleet may register to post there.

[ 08-03-2005, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Quazar ]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Members of Vanguard Fleet,

As your Fleet Leader, I am now waist deep in college homework assignments. Therefore, a few promotions are in order here.

[*]I herby declare Teknocack Prime to be my Fleet Exuctive Officer, or Fleet XO. Captain Teknocack Prime is now the second-in-command of Vanguard Fleet.

Now, we all have real lives to live. So, to assist Tek in his duties,

[*]Matchoo is promoted to Commander and now leads the Role-Play Authors "virtual" MP Team. When updating your signature, Matchoo, put as your position "Team Leader, RP Authors".

[*]Wolfheart is promoted to Commander and is now the Wolf Pack MP Team Leader.

Please update your signatures, here at BCO and over at ECA, to reflect your new positions. Congratulations!

Team Wolf Pack is now our European MP Team. We now need a name for a new North American MP Team. I need all Vanguard Fleet members to schedule MP practice sessions with eachother in closely alligned timezones. You will need to reassign members in the DB to the new MP team, as I have left most members assigned to Team Wolf Pack for the time being. Matchoo and I do not have MP capability at this time. So, contact Prime Fleet's Marvin about RP opportunities.

Gentlemen, we now have 12 registered members in the Fleet DataBase. The goal here is to keep them and get more by holding monthly roll calls and organizing MP practice sessions and matches. This week, one of you three assistant leaders needs to issue all three components of the October 2005 roll call, as described in our Alliance bulletin in the Fleet DataBase. One of our 12 members is T. C. McQueen. He is our EarthCom-Commandant, Earthcom's founder and our equivalent to Galcom's Supreme Commander. He is excused from answering all roll calls because he serves active duty in the German military.

Notice: Each and everyone of you are responsible to schedule and play Multi-Player practice sessions and, eventually, official matches with other Fleets. I cannot currently do this for you. You now have three assistant leaders to guide you.

I will oversee the Fleet as I have time and approve new registrations at ECA; but while I'm in school, you three gentlemen are responsible for Vangaurd Fleet. We now need experienced members of other Fleets to come along side and mentor Vanguard's three new assistants leaders.

Godspeed, Vanguard Fleet!

Thanks for the promotion sir. I will discharge my new duties with as much due diligence as I can muster.

Congratulations also, to my fellow commanders Wolfheart and Matchoo on their promotions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

Incoming Transmission.....................

Attention Vanguard Fleet Members

It is with regret that I announce the resignation and immediate removal of the Vanguard Fleet leader Quasar

Until a new Fleet Leader is selected Vanguard fleet will be under the direct control of the EarthCom Alliance, which will begin a review of Vanguards specialized organizational structure, all archived fleet documents, web presence, and status of each fleet member.

All fleet members must contribute to the fleet by either RP or MP activity to maintain fleet membership. If you do not have the time or desire to do either please post your resignation here so that you can be removed from the DB and no longer receive fleet notices by email.

All new recruits will be required to attend Vaguard fleet Academy to obtained the specialized training needed to be apart of Vanguard. The Academy will help and guide new members to the community by providing activities for member interaction.

The goals that will be achieved over the next few months are to revise and publish Vanguards fleet charter, choose a new fleet leader, update or create a fleet web site, establish a training program.

I look forward to working with Vanguard to help establish that Vanguard meets the requirements to maintain fleet status. The participation of all the official 3000AD fleets through RP writing, RP forum banter, and MP activity will enhance the experience and enjoyment for the whole fleet community.

If you would like to assist in the transition of Vanguard fleet please post here, if you want to be removed from Vanguard please post here also as I stated above. I will post further instructions as the membership review progresses.

That is all!

Would an English teacher help? At least maybe with organization and stuff...

firestar is full of regret on Quasar's resignation. All of Vanguard will be pleased to work with you Strategic Cmdr. Williams on getting the fleet on track.

Call on me as I am available to assist,

firestar

Incoming Transmission...................

Attention all Vanguard Fleet Members. We all are saddened by the departure of Commandant Quazar. Be assured that in the interim, plans for MP team practice will continue to move forward. Cmdr. Wolfheart, and Cmdr. Matchoo will continue in their respective roles for now, as will I, until such time as Earthcom leadership decides to change those roles. I am always available for PM but remember that I don't have all the access that Quazar had so I may not be able to do everything you may require of me.

Also, I am suspending new recruit approvals in the Fleet DB until such time as the immediate and long term future of Earthcom and Vanguard allow reinstatement and/or adjustments.

[rp]Vanguard is still the fresh, hungry, and courageous rising star of Earthcom. Forget not why you are here..........and here, you will make history![/rp]

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Also, I am suspending new recruit approvals in the Fleet DB until such time as the immediate and long term future of Earthcom and Vanguard allow reinstatement and/or adjustments.

As I said in my PM I want you all to continue as normal including recruitment. Although I will be approving all recruits for the time being to the DB. By the time they have completed their academy training we should have Vanguard back on track so there is no need in a suspension as I see it.

Thanks for your assistance.

Remo Out

Guest Remo Williams

As the first order of business here gentlemen I need to correct a few mistakes that were made. In the fleet DB for Vanguard fleet it should not list your teams but your wings and battalions. Your teams are actually Battle groups or marine squads with in your wings and battalions.

I have removed the reference to teams and replaced them with the branches or wings of Vanguard Fleet. The team formerly known as Team Yukon now resides in the 15th Planetary Force or for short the 15th PF. Likewise the team formerly known as Team wolf pack is now part of S.C.I.D which was incorporated into fleet Vanguard as a wing. You should all adjust your sig accordingly removing the team reference and replace it with your wing or battalion name.

Now on to Fleet signature formats, back in 2000 the Supreme commander hand down guidelines for fleet sigs so all fleets would use a unified sig format. It appears over time that this was lost to the current FLÔÇÖs so I will start here and repost this part of my post to the general fleet discussion topic to begin enforcement of the guideline. This is how all-fleet signatures should be formatted I will provide a few examples.

Line one should be your rank and name.

Rank ÔÇô Name

Line two should contain your ship name and launch base with location in brackets.

ECV-Ship Name, StarStation Name (location)

Line three should contain your current assignment and fleet name.

Assignment ÔÇô Fleet Name

There are know individual mottoÔÇÖs for fleet members all members of a fleet must use the same motto that is decided upon by the FL or none at all. The only exception is that your FL may decide to let each wing and battalion use separate mottos. This is ok but each member of the wing or battalion must uses the same motto no exception.

Here are a few examples of how your sigs should look.

Cmdr. Wolfheart

ECV- Cumbaba, EarthCom HQ(Jupiter)

Wing Leader, S.C.I.D ÔÇô Vanguard Fleet

There should be no reference to your Alliance as you can see people will know your Alliance automatically when they see Vanguard Fleet.

Here is another example.

Cmdr. Teknocack Prime

ECV-Stormhammer, EarthCom HQ(Jupiter)

Fleet XO ÔÇô Vanguard Fleet

Here is one more for the cadets.

Cadet Firestar

ECV-Firestar, EarthCom HQ(Jupiter)

EarthCom Training Academy

All Cadets will attend the EarthCom Academy instead of a Vanguard academy this will be the same for any other EarthCom Fleets that may be created in the future to avoid the redundancy that is now occurring in GalCom, but will changed shortly when I establish a GalCom Academy for new community member that join a GalCom fleet. The same will apply to the Insurgents and Gammulans.

With that said we must now decide on a wing name for your RP writers group that you have listed in the Fleet DB please post your suggestions here. If you have any questions on sig format I will respond to them here also or you can PM me its up to you.

Remo Out

Looking good, gentlemen.

If it's not too much trouble, could an administrator please change my user title to "Ensign" to reflect my new BB status? Thanks.

Guest Remo Williams

LMAO! I'm glad you two are on the same side.

BTW will be kicking off a new MP season of play this week get ready to kill some Insurgents folks I'll have more info for you by tomorrow evening.

So start practicing and call a friend an tell him to get the game and give us a hand here.

Tek let me know when you have a mic we really need to get together and work out a few details for the success of Vanguard and her members. My hands are full right now an your assistance is a must and could just possibly get you and FL position.

Will do Remo. Sorry, I couldn't get one tonight. I will go and get one early tomorrow. I won't be home unill tomorrow at 10:00PM PST. I will set up tomorrow and pm you about getting together.

All Vanguard Fleet members please PM me, or post in Earthcom's MP forum as to what times you are available for some fraggin'. I will state the match time and rules as soon as I get 2 or more coinciding times.

I ask for patience from all Fleet members as events continute to define Fleet's future.

Ok, I would like to know just how to receive promotions and how do we begin our Fleet Academy Training? LB and I at least are wanting to get going with things. I am interested in really getting involved with this or I would never have joined..lol Anyway seriously, we gotta get Vanguard going or it isnt even gonna leave orbit..

firestar waiting and ready to go!