Insurgent Beliefs and Goals.....

goaliejerry

I have a couple questions regarding the values of the Insurgent cause. Are we analogous to GALCOM in the sense of our organisation and restrictions? Or, while being organised into a cohesive and subordiante command structure, are we free to commit random acts of piracy on neutral and enemy crafts at our discresion (assuming of course that no pending matter takes precidence.) I guess what I'm after is, what is our ultimate goal? Is it the overthrow of GALCOM and the control of all Terran assets, or is it the complete domination of the galaxy? Are we a band of privaters the likes of Sir Francis Drake, or a nobel and regulated fleet whose goal is to promote peace? (except for those that wish to oppose us) Are we looking for peacefull coexistance with all other races that desire the same, or are we happy to raid and seize thier property and goods as we see fit? Some clarification in this matter will better help me to understand the role I will play once MP is up and running (WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY IT WILL BE)

I have, and I understand the foundation for the conflict between GALCOM and the Insurgents, but are the Insurgents truly outlaws, or do we lay claim as the proper governers of Terran space and assets? I know our cause is not mearly one of piracy, but the return of earth and her resources to those that will respect and care for the betterment of earths citizens. However, do we partake in raids on nutral ships, acting as warriors with looser restrictions on conduct, or do we follow similar guidelines as to what is acceptable behaviour or not, when compared to GALCOM? Do we support alliances with alien races, or are we isolationistic in nature? The history lays out a basic framework for introduction to the conflict, but I wish to delve deeper.

I believe that we, once upon a time, established some governing rules and regulations for the Insurgency. I'll have to drag through my archives this weekend and see if I can recover them. I know that Akira had them on his website but, like myself, had our sites disbanded/trashed by the webmasters of those sites when they no longer provided free webspace.

As I remember it, Galcom "Men of War" vessels were fair game and were to be engaged at every opportunity if it did not needlessly sacrifice your crew and vessel. Galcom Supply Vessels were fair game also. Independent Traders and Med Vessels were NOT to be attacked due to the possibility of taking Innocent Lives. That's not our goal. Pirating is not our goal either. Actually, overthrowing GALCOM is NOT our primary goal either. Our goal is to cause the demise of the Iron Fisted Masters that GALCOM obediently serves. Unfortunately, to accomplish this, GALCOM must be systematically dismantled as well. So, We go after ALL GALCOM Assets with the intent to remove the security blanket that the UFN enjoys. Hope this clears things up a little bit.