Hello? Pilots? Register!!

Whisper

Hey, where are all of you? The database has been up for what, a week? Two? There's me and Damas in the register, and that's it! WarSong? Ranger? Where are you? I e-mailed you, WarSong, so I hope you've got a good reason for not signing! And Ranger, I know you have way more than 20 minutes on your hands, so why don't you take the time and just answer a few questions!?

Oh, speaking of which: there are several capital ship commanders who also are pilots. Whats the deal with those people? Are they going to be able to register under WFC as well, or will we have to work something out?

Sorry for my "millitant" attitude, but I want to make sure there's at least 2 flights registered when BCM come out, so that we can begin the vital training as soon as possible.

Without 2 full flights, there simply won't be enough people to do tactics practice and scrimmages and such. I know the release is at leat 3 mounths away, but I don't want to have to scramble at the last minute! And I don't think any of you want to go out gun-ho against the rest of the galaxy without decent wingmen! So please, get on the database as soon as you can!

------------------

Commander David "Whipser" Liev

GCV Bold Voyager, WRAITH HQ(LYRIUS)

Leader- Wraith Fleet/Wraith Fighter Command

"We Willl Be There"

http://www.geocities.com/cmdliev/flightroster.html

We dont know yet if players will be able to log onto servers with another character or "out of character" so they can fly other ships/careers in the fleet servers... for the time being, anyone that signs up as a pilot will be considered a pilot ONLY.

I suggest you put the other capship commanders/pilots of old into a separate "make believe" squadron until we get the game and see how things will work.

Pilots will come once MP is out though.. most folks that dont want to take "the treatment" (aka, high learning curve) of BC3K cap ship command, will become pilots or Marines..which is where they will be most needed. That's whats great of this game IMO, it appeals to ALL gamers! WC, Descent Freespace and other space sim players will be at ease in an interceptor, Quake and UT will love being Marines.. and us hard-core eggheads, no-lifes who take "the treatment" will be in command of the big ships and installations. Move over bill gates, BC3K is here.. muahaha...

• 2 weeks later...

Will do, Smith. Sorry about my e-mail, but for some reason my profile on the board won't let my address show up. Just look at my DB profile, that one works.

------------------

"The underestimated weapon does overestimed damage."

http://www.geocities.com/cmdliev/flightroster.html

[This message has been edited by Whisper (edited 09-14-2000).]

quote:

Originally posted by Whisper:

Sorry about my e-mail, but for some reason my profile on the board won't let my address show up. Just look at my DB profile, that one works.

I think the SC must have disabled that option as everyone's does that now.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

"Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!"

S.O.G. Home

• 2 weeks later...

Whisper, you got a pilot signed up.

Ranger.

He's using a JUNO E-mail, im not familiar with free e-mail services outside xoom, geocities and hotmail... is JUNO a free e-mail service? If so, he will be removed unless he gives a valid e-mail addy.

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

Whisper, you got a pilot signed up.

Ranger.

He's using a JUNO E-mail, im not familiar with free e-mail services outside xoom, geocities and hotmail... is JUNO a free e-mail service? If so, he will be removed unless he gives a valid e-mail addy.

JUNO's an odd-ball.  It can be either a free email like Hotmail, et al or it can be a free full-blown ISP, like my provider: Freeport.  Either way, email only or provider, JUNO is unlike the "thow-away" email services because the user must dial into JUNO servers to access their mail.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

S.O.G. Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet

"Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!"

Wraith S.O.G. Home

"Whisper, you got a pilot signed up. "

That's a pretty funny story, actually. maybe I'll tell it to you sometime... biggrin.gif

JUNO is a perfectly legit address. Ranger has mentioned it, and says that he has recently moved into a new house, and as such cannot afford a $20-a-month ISP. He is using JUNO as a free ISP right now. I assume that the address, since it is connected to his Interent provider, is not a "vanity mail". Don't worry Tac, it's real.

And on another note: That's everyone! All the folks who've said they want to be dedicated WFC pilots have registered. Whhoo!

Now all I need is just one more warm body, and I'll have a flight! If there's a full flight, training can start right after BCM come out! And once there's a trained flight, our pilots will kick Gallions B.A.C's gluttamus maximus!

------------------

"The underestimated weapon will deal overestimated havoc." http://www.geocities.com/cmdliev/flightroster.html

[This message has been edited by Whisper (edited 09-25-2000).]