CPU load

Hiya,

I thought about adding a few more servers on machines which are basically 1 hop away from my country's backbone and would be very playable throughout europe. However, I can't - UC is eating up CPU cycles like SETI@home. Is there any chance of a future patch making the server less greedy?

I have no problems with UC using 20% of a 2GHz CPU, but 100% is not feasible for machines that are supposed to also do something else. And yes, I tried the console server, the graphical server, in fullscreen and as a little window, and running minimized. No joy.

quote:

Originally posted by Werewolf:

Is there any chance of a future patch making the server less greedy?

No. You remember the part where since BCM Gold, the server is supposed to be run in dedicated mode?

Also, I know for a *fact* that its not eating up 100% CPU. So I have no idea where you got that from. If you're trying to run it on a Gameboy, then there's your problem. I have run about three servers and two clients on a single processor 3Ghz machine just fine.

I had the same 100 % CPU Utilization, while running the server, the following was my resolution.

If you are using serverdoc to start the server, check the server priority setting in config. If it is set to High, the program will use 100 % of CPU cycles. It should be set to Normal.