Server Info & Passwords

*moved from another thread*

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

Just a quick question. Have the servers 2,3 and 4 been taken down because I'm only picking up server 1 in my server list. I'm fairly sure that they are being worked on but just want to make sure nothings wrong at my end.

Thanks. I just checked it out. Apparently when Hypernia did their upgrading and whatever, they forgot to plug the mice back into the servers. And without a mouse, the game won't work. SERVER1 had the mouse on the whole time, but 2-4, didn't.

Anyway, I just spoke to them and they are going to reboot the machines of this post. Hopefully they will be back up in a few mins. I will check it again in a bit just to make sure.

EDIT: All servers are back up now

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Thanks. I just checked it out. Apparently when Hypernia did their upgrading and whatever, they forgot to plug the mice back into the servers. And without a mouse, the game won't work. SERVER1 had the mouse on the whole time, but 2-4, didn't.

Anyway, I just spoke to them and they are going to reboot the machines of this post. Hopefully they will be back up in a few mins. I will check it again in a bit just to make sure.

EDIT: All servers are back up now

I'm beating myself on the head cause I should have said something sooner. I've been waiting the whole weekend since I thought you were working on them and figured you'd get annoyed at the question since no one else has mentioned it. It's always the simple things that cause problems isn't it .

[OFF TOPIC (just a bit)]

BTW: on Thursday I just about had it and re-installed win98se. With the old OS install by RC8 the Multiplayer game was doing what some other's have been sending you issues about. As soon as I would go into the command menus or even just place the mouse on the radar screen (or any hud element) UC would just lock up and it started doing it in the single player too. Needless to say with the re-install, UC now runs better than before without all the crap that was lingering in Win98. I did try out the multiplayer when you posted about wanting to check server 4 issues out on 5/29 and the other servers right before that and it ran without a hitch. The reason why I'm mentioning this is that it proves your point that it's the OS (or whatever the heck they got on their systems) not UC that's the cause. If you've noticed, one of the first questions I ask anyone with problems is how long has the OS been on their system and most of the answers have been "for a while" BINGO. Anyway, the reason why I'm metioning this is for others to read as well and hope they get the point. So if anyone has issues with UC, they need to re-install their OS's before they should even think about posting their problems to you. If they want proof, send them to me and I'll give them the "what for". Oh man, what I would do to get DOS back!! I would even sell my soul to the devil.

The servers are back online now. Sorry for the delay. I found a problem in 2.00.10 patch, so I decided to just release a fix for this mp issue. The next patch with the originally targeted 2.00.10 items will be out soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

SC is there anyway I could get you to turn off the AG on server 4 its a graphics server correct?

The reason why I would like it off is related to testing. Prime fleet was using server 2 a console server I believe today for both of our MP sessions. I notice something, and I would like to see if it is present on a graphics server. I would use server 1, but all the members of Prime can't logon to the server designated for tester only.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Strange I try the password and it didn't do anything didn't even said if I had it wrong. I also try like if it was cap sensitive and just keep asking for the password and still nothing. hmmm maybe its just me. I will try again later.

Was trying server 3&4

The passwords (which ARE case sensitive) haven't changed. The issue with being prompted for the password - after entering it correctly - is documented in the VCF.

After entering the password - as long as it was correct and not rejected - just wait for the game to login and connect to the server.

You can also create a shortcut and add the server IP and password to it if you don't want to use the in game browser.

• 9 months later...
Guest Remo Williams

A temp Fleet League UC server is now online. I will be leasing a server by Aug. 27th from Hypernia, which will remain on through December to make the transition to AWA easier for all fleet members.

The password is the same as the 3000AD official fleet server before it was taken down to prepare for AWA.