BCM appendix and tutorial online

Supreme Cmdr

I have uploaded the WIP online appendix which Gallion and I have been working on.

This will be included in the release version of BCM. All uninmportant items have been removed from the primary printed manual and will be installed as HTML (not Acrobat) files.

I have also uploaded my WIP tutorial (I just spent the past few days on it), which will also be available and installed as an HTML file.

Check the downloads page for the links.

As far as the tutorial is concerned, make no mistake, it is NOT intended to replace the manual. I designed it in such a way that it provides a quick at-a-glance look at the most important aspects, especially for newbies.

All suggestions for future updates to this item, are welcome. Again, it is NOT meant to replace the manual, so please don't tell me to put anything in there, which is either too advanced for its scope, or which is best left in the manual.

Hey, I don't know if this is the place to be doing this (or if I should be) but there's a minor typo in the appendix I downloaded. Maybe its been fixed already, but just in case:

File: "crusiers.html"

The first table that lists "ASSET CLASS", "ASSET TYPE" "CRAFT HIGH SPEED" etc. accidentally lists "MAX LNCH ALT (ft)" twice, when the first instance clearly refers to "MIN LNCH ALT (ft)".

I just noticed this, SC, you said (bold mine):

quote:

WIP
online appendix

But you did say "suggestions welcome" too

BTW, I like the way it looks. Plus the browser interface is easier to navigate than those Acrobat files were. Good work, you two.

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: Joel Schultz ]

Just looked over the tutorial and appendix. Looks excellent! Great idea. Will really help newbies get up to speed!!!

I did notice a couple more typos. You may want to get a proof reader to check things out. But that's it. Great work!

Micro-typo in the appendix, in the "Alien Nations" page, description of the Vesperons, the phrase "...no one would really gain from annexing Omicron except the Vesperons and site GALCOM directives that prohibit interference..." should use the word "cite" for "site" (see Merriam-Webster online dictionary, senses 2/4)

Good luck with the project - this is going to be the best game ever.

Smiley

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: SmileyMan ]

- In crew.html; I noticed the system engineers and flight engineers having the same pic. Is that intentional or not?

- In fpitems.html; the nutripak description says it boosts FF. Shouldn't it have an opposite effect? Diminishing FF. (Or haven't I played BC3K/BCM enough lately?, could be mixing stuff up)

That's all I could find by skimming it.