Battlecruiser Millennium needs a delete confirmation.

Guest Melanie650

Guest Melanie650

fer crissakes, MILLENNIUM is **two** n's, yer git

I would like to see a delete confirmation before

the game deletes your save. Lol. It's soo easy to accidentally click delete instead of restore. Anyone else agree?

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I certainly wouldn't mind that. I'd hate to lose a precious save game to an accidental delete. Of course, I can't count the number of times I've absent mindedly hit YES when I meant to hit NO!!

But that's my fault...

Bottom line: yes, I would like to see a delete confirmation also.

EDIT: I also wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets moved...

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Gomez ]

How about before you even go into the control panel to delete it, you go into BCM folder first and back up the save file. Isn't that easier. Think about something you are about to do before you do it. Trust me, it will also pay off in your personal lifes, so start practicing.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

How about before you even go into the control panel to delete it, you go into BCM folder first and back up the save file. Isn't that easier. Think about something you are about to do before you do it. Trust me, it will also pay off in your personal lifes, so start practicing.

I think the problem is that they don't want to delete the file in the first place, just restore it. They're complaining that they accidently click delete instead of restore. So even if they thought for a long time about what they intended to do, backing up the file still wouldn't seem like an appropriate action .

Personally, I like to see delete confirmations in any game. I make that mistake a lot too, but it wouldn't be at the top of my list for a patch. But y'know, if SC's ever bored I wouldn't mind seeing it as a new feature sometime... hehe...

Oh, and since when can you make back-up copies in real life? I sure would've liked to know I could do that the day before I crashed my car .

Dope, I got confused about that post and thought that you guys were talking about uninstalling BCM and deleting the BCM folder with all the save files. Oh, man, I must have not gotten enough sleep or something.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

OK, I'll add it to the very bottom of the pile - right down there with Tac's request for 3D dice for his BridgeViewer. That was back in '97.

Since you'll be edditing Vol XXIV section 34 of the wishlist anyway, could you throw in a toggle key that'll let you purchase or sell items in groups of 100?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

OK, I'll add it to the very bottom of the pile - right down there with Tac's request for 3D dice for his BridgeViewer. That was back in '97.

Haha, hell yes, 3D dice should be #1 on your 'to do' list.