Ship Schematics. History Of The Era...

Guest Capt. Vultar

Guest Capt. Vultar

Greetings. Iam exploring this great game. I enjoy the simulation of ship systems and management.Is there any information concerning ship diagrams and the history of galcom ,also the genesis of the battle cruiser. Are there resources on the net concerning this? Thankyou.

The original bc3k manual is available in the downloads section I believe.(it has history of Galcom inside)

Along with the appendices, all in .pdf format. Somewhere I have a floor plan for the battlecruiser if I can find it...

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: $iLk ]

Has anyoned maped the floor plan of a Nightstar yet?..I tried to but It looks like its going to be harder than I thouht. Is there a technique for doing this in the perscan, or maybe a common layout that all ships use..?

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Barron Morris ]

Maybe. I don't know, I use imagination. Probably wouldn't even like seeing a floor plan of stormcarrier by now, anyhing formal would ruin the world I have build after playing for 17hrs.

quote:

Is there a technique for doing this in the perscan, or maybe a common layout that all ships use..?

Not perscan but tacops. Go to Tacops, find your ship. Click on it and then use home/end pageup/pagedown and you will eventually get to the center of the ship. Takes practice but I got inside the MK3 last night. Works for stations as well.

quote:

Originally posted by Sunanta:

LOL! You're about 600 years too late there buddy

Maybe they could be artifacts?

Maybe one day you'll find them floating around in space, and the "Rubber Duckie" could really be an artifact that holds all the secrets of the universe inside! Or it could just be a giant rubber duck...

You never know

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Fractux ]

quote:

Im not sure I understand what your saying...in tack ops if you move the view till your inside the ship you can see the inside?

Sort of. I think I was in the abandoned vtol bay (ftol?) What I think you see is the "building blocks" of the ship. If you have GBS and BC Studio you will understand.

You don't see floors and walls and lights and stuff but you do get a view of the divisions of the ship.

If you really want to see the inside of the ship go get BCTE. Derek uploaded it to some of the review sites. They should have it in their demo section. It's a proof of concept and unsupported but it works. I tested it for him before he released it again. You might have to change the ini to your desktop resolution though. Wouldn't start for me unless I did that.

Or get this schematic that used to be available.

• 3 weeks later...

I know. I already linked to them in my post two above this one. For the thread you found SC's link popped right up in getright. No 404 error for me. I didn't save it though 'cause I already have it. Try it again or use my link above.

For the others, can I pull that old hard drive and hook it to this machine without any problem? I got a spare power plug and a spare input port thing. (where the flat cable plugs into.)