Galaxians - The Thirteenth Race

Kalshion

quote:

Originally posted by IceCold:

It is possible to take support craft down to the planet's surface without taking damage.

I've seen this happening with my own shuttles, too.

But, is it possible for an LRT or an MRT to enter Obsidia, or any planet with similar environmental conditions, without taking damage? For example:

"DRO/DIP LRT-15 FLEE OBSIDIA"...

As for the second note, I have to admit that nothing is impossible in BCM's world, so we'd better sit tight and wait...

After all,

"Patience is a Virtue"

I found the probe and took my CC down... without thinking of course I brought it back up and started repairs. While it repaired itself I Took a shuttle down to the planet.

Its true, you can't tractor it =( however you can land which is what i did.. however when I exited my ship I died. Im guessing thats because of the Enviroment.

hehe I wasn't sirprised though when I came back to space and found my Firestorm in battle with 4 Gammy ships... even though I told him to halt. My poor shuttle took so much damage that I had to exit the shuttle and rocket to my CC which took out all 4 of the enemies =) and land.. then take out a shuttle craft and tow the Shuttle back to me

All in all I had a nice wonderful vacation hehe sorta spec

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

when I exited my ship I died

If that atmosphere could damage your CC, what do you think it would do to your AE?

Anyway, I understand that you saved your game before trying suicide.

Thanks SC for giving us a 2nd chance!!!

quote:

Originally posted by kalshion:

I might *MIGHT* be dumb, but I ain't stupid

I hope you don't suppose I thought anything from above. After all, anyone of us could try something like that, just by curiosity.

Who said that I didn't think to try it, too?

Hmm, let me see here. The CC gets damaged, but the Shuttle can land. Did anybody try to take a Fighter down and fire on the probe to see what happens? Or are only non armed vessels safe?

[RP]

Nav Officer, lay in a course for Obsidia, maximum warp!

Engage!

[/RP]

Omg omg. I was going to reply yesterday, but IE crashed.

quote:

If a random has no effect on the planet, and you cannot walk on a seemingly earth like environment, perhaps the planet is not truly there as we see it. Perhaps it is a hologram. This would explain why the probe cannot be removed.

You can destroy the probe. (Which, in a way, is removing it.) A random still destroys whatever's planet-side on the planet, IIRC.

THe random works like on a gas planet, in Obsidia's case. So does the atmosphere, apparantly. (i.e. visual effects, ship damage, AE death, etc.)

quote:

Originally posted by APOLLO:

But, is it possible for an LRT or an MRT to enter Obsidia, or any planet with similar environmental conditions, without taking damage? For example:

"DRO/DIP LRT-15 FLEE OBSIDIA"...

When leaving a region, ships will either jump out, or enter a planet. Some ships (like colonist or explorer caste ships) enter the atmosphere automatically.

The answer is no, but the computer doesn't care I guess.

quote:

I hope you don't suppose I thought anything from above. After all, anyone of us could try something like that, just by curiosity.

Who said that I didn't think to try it, too?

I tried it. So don't start trippin' on each other about it, either. This is research.

quote:

Originally posted by Greg Miller:

Hmm, let me see here. The CC gets damaged, but the Shuttle can land. Did anybody try to take a Fighter down and fire on the probe to see what happens? Or are only non armed vessels safe?

I've taken down the probe first-hand, before. It was either a fighter or an OC, though.

It was by accident, too. Sorta. You know, just testing out if it could be damaged and whatnot. I got kinda pissed when I destroyed it, because I'd have to reload to continue the exploration and shiznit.

quote:

So Apollo,

How far have you gotten into the ACM missions?

Last night I finished the TOD 3/5 Mission, which was the last one of the Campaign. No I'm on my way to Krynon to see if an artifact is still there. Took out about 3 GAM/MIL UNKNOWN CONTACTS. Getting to Krynon is a bit harder than I originally thought, since I have to pass through the entire Gammulan Quadrant. With the Supreme Cmdr's rank on my back and Karl Rheines still on-board, many Gammulans would like to take me down, but...

...as I usually say every time they come:

"You want my ship? Come and get it!!!"

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

...the computer doesn't care I guess.

The computer never cares of anything, except from what it's been programmed to "care"...

I want to thank you Cmdr for your reply. I never had time for observation, since, during ACM, the first and last thing is to accomplish the mission. Now that ACM turned to ROAM, I'll have plenty of time to learn how the non-military castes behave.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

'thought I'd post that SC let slip a "galaxian" reference over in News&Announcments in the "BCM multiplayer. To be or not to be?" thread (pg.2)

Search for 'galaxian' and you'll see where it looks like a configurable race in MP - hmm...cool!

• 1 month later...

all this talk and speculation of galaxians reminds me of my starflight 2 days. discussing the possibilities of where the Great Hall of Memory (or whatever) for the Leghk race was, or if it even existed.

eventually 7 years later I found it, the final clue came from a conversation I had with (above all else) the Kher.

if anyone remembers this game, they know the Kher were "mad".

and the clue was so insignicant, but couple with the "main clue" it fit.

the galaxian probe reminds me of the confrontation and stuff with the Uhl.

quote:

Originally posted by Pery:

'thought I'd post that SC let slip a "galaxian" reference over in News&Announcments in the "BCM multiplayer. To be or not to be?" thread (pg.2)

Search for 'galaxian' and you'll see where it looks like a configurable race in MP - hmm...cool!

you mean this:

galaxian = 0

apparently it won't mean anything about us being able to be Galaxians. hence the 0 i suppose

I got some pics of the probe and if you look at the right spot you can see the coords the probe is at on the planet. I also didn't have any problem with my shuttles, OCs, or CC getting damaged. My ship had the highest armor installed and the artifact shield installed.

Pics of Probe

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

didn't have any problem with my shuttles, OCs, or CC getting damaged. My ship had the highest armor installed and the artifact shield installed.

That was a real surprise to me! I don't think the "no damage" situation has to do with armor, but with the Tachyon Anagram (TA) Shield, which is (as we all know) an artifact. If you went in there with a conventional shield, you'd get damage even if your Shield Strength Indicator showed that your shield was intact and in full power! If the TA Shield can handle such an environment, there's a good reason for us to suspect the true origins of all those artifacts, since they can't be repaired by anyone it the BCM Galaxy...

• 6 months later...

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

when I exited my ship I died

If that atmosphere could damage your CC, what do you think it would do to your AE?

Anyway, I understand that you saved your game before trying suicide.

Thanks SC for giving us a 2nd chance!!!

Well... I transport down a marine and nothing happens to him....... how the hell can he survive if my AE dies iinstactly and with the very same gear...???

• 3 years later...

SC says u can't be galaxian or kill them right. well it must be possible to find them then...if u've tried to kill them. which phrase would be better here "You can't kill what you CAN'T see" or "You can't kill what you CAN see"