Damaged Navitron Computer 50%

Ace Ventura

Ok this is weird.

I was taking out a starbase station and cloaked the whole time. After I blew it up I checked for damages and the only thing damaged was the Navitron Computer.

I went into logistix and assigned all 10 engineers to fix it. A few minutes later Navitron computer was repaired and then a minute or so later it was 50% damaged again.

Ok I thought maybe my engineers were too tired or something to fix it right the first time. So I rested them up and tried again... still the same thing. I tried repairing it at a station... still the same thing.

Also now when something else gets damaged I have to first unassign the engineers from the navitron computer to be able to give them a new assignment.

The crew has been radiated at least once, does this fry their brains or what?

Or maybe this is a sign that I should just replace it??? [navitron computer]

What do you think?

BTW, I am still able to set destinations and fly to them with no problems.

yeah cleaned up the decks more than once...

none of them were still radiated at the time of repair.

I guess I will try to replace it and see what happens.

Maybe we should add a new class and have an FBI or CIA squad. 'Cause as many times as I've had this repaired, this is leading me to believe it's an inside job. :roll eyes:

Resnig would be the first to be investigated.

ok, playmod sounds like software that helps you do things? I am not using anything other than my own resources.

Like, picking up cargo pods, mining and buying stuff at low prices and selling at higher prices. I don't think I'd call that cheating.

Oh and I save the game alot, just in case I get blown up too badly so then I don't have to wait to repair, I just go back to the last saved spot. I've amassed a small fortune probably close to 90mil by now doing this. If that's cheating then I'm guilty.

But I'm not using any cheat software.

well sometimes I can repair it and it will be fixed for awhile, usually until I dock at a station then it is damaged mysteriously again... always at 50%.

At first I thought a ship was attacking me while I was docked, but now I am 100% positive that isn't happening.

How about money wise???... if you have a certain amount of money does it think you are cheating. I had over 70mil when it started happening.

The engineers have been on an off station... I've tried to fix it many ways.

Playmod is available on the downloads pages for the various products. It allows you to "cheat" by giving yourself money, setting AI's, and some other junk. Haven't used it myself to play but it can cause corruptions. Useful for testing stuff like "what if my pilots had full AI?" It's not recommended or supported for long term play.

My situation is/was barely similiar but I'll say it again anyway. I don't mind typing if ya'll don't mind reading.

I once had a condition where I could assign personnel to a duty and they would start that way but then they would head back. Seems like an officer wouldn't stay on station and subordinates wouldn't go on station or duty. If I stayed on them and kept re-assigning them they would eventually get there and do what I wanted but I had to watch them like a hawk. I had even reported it as a bug.

To make a long story short once I repaired EVERYTHING and cleaned up all radiation the situation cleared.

A while back there was something with money but it only had to do with the display. If you made too much the display got garbled due to limits Derek put on the display. The computer did the math correctly just the display was garbled. But no the game does not think you are ceating by making too much money.

So, it may or may not help but there is my input.

Ok, I decided to look at this closer. I found that I also had a FC fighter with some damage so I re-assigned them to the FC fighter.

after sitting there watching them for a few minutes the idots reassinged themselves to the navitron even tho' I had suspended it.

In the display navitron is tan in color which is susposed to mean a suspended repair right?

Well the fixed level will go up to 100% and a few minutes later it is 50% damaged again.

Ok, so after beating it into their heads I got them to fix the FC3 up to this....

99% weapon pods

99% shields

99% Navigation comp <<

I can't get the above to repair above 99% I can assign them to it but shortly after that they either just stop working ...it turns green like they finished but it's still 99%.

Some of them will reassign themselves to the CC navitron computer... and there goes the cycle.

It works and all, but it's annoying every so often the computer says "Navitron computer damaged"..."Navitron computer under repair" it's about driving me nuts.

I guess if I had cheated I would have deserved it, but I didn't cheat. Cheating would defeat the purpose as to why I bought the game.

BTW, I tried to replace it and it won't let me. It show I have one in stock but the replace button is not lit, can't select it.

quote:

I guess if I had cheated I would have deserved it, but I didn't cheat.

I believe you. I was just trying to explain how others may have thought you were using playmod.

quote:

the idots reassinged themselves to the navitron even tho' I had suspended it.

Re-read my above post about watching what they are doing.

Doesn't Deck 3 have an arrow you have to click to see the last three systems on that deck?

This crops up every so often. You may just have a corrupted game.

When your Chief Engineer gets to an AI of 35+ he will start assigning engineers to repair component in the ship. It does not matter if the component is broken or not it is going to get fixed. I always had the CE assigning the engineers to fix the bridge. Made me think he was a little on the feminine side (redecoration the bridge?). The only way to stop this is to take the CE off duty. The good thing about this is that if you ever crash land some place and don't have the parts to fix the ship, the CE will have the engineers fix the broken components with out any parts.

P.S. Do a search and you will find that this has been discussed before.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

quote:

the idots reassinged themselves to the navitron even tho' I had suspended it.

Re-read my above post about watching what they are doing.

Doesn't Deck 3 have an arrow you have to click to see the last three systems on that deck?

This crops up every so often. You may just have a corrupted game.

Yeah I watched them for awhile. It seems they think they are big stuff now. hmmm?

Deck3 on the CC? yeah it has a little arrow to view like 2 more things. That should be their right?

Yeah I did a search for Navitron computer and it just displayed normal behavior type questions.

As far as the corrupted game goes, in order to fix it I probably have to start over.

So what do you think about the FC3 fighter and the 3 things at 99%?

Also I replaced 3 fighters before all this started happening. [They were stolen! I learned quick on how to solve that problem.]

Thanks for the info gize!

Ok, I read the thread. The original poster had used the cheat so his instance was different than mine.

However, someone else posted that didn't use the cheat software and was describing pretty much what I see except I think it was a different system [bridge].

The link is hard to find... I had to do a search thru all forums to find it. For easier reference it's right here.

At least now I have a few ideas to try and hopefully solve it.

BTW, just blew up a bunch of insurgent scum on earth and gained 30,000 EP's! I did it the easy way tho' OTS!

quote:

So what do you think about the FC3 fighter and the 3 things at 99%?

If the system is green don't repair it. Ever. Even if you are obsessive compulsive don't do it. It causes more trouble then it's worth. Especially if the system is ummm say 99%.

quote:

Deck3 on the CC? yeah it has a little arrow to view like 2 more things. That should be their right?

Well of course they should be there. I was just making sure you had remembered to check for damage on those last 2 systems. They are easy to forget.

And sometimes damaged systems also damage adjacent halls/floors. Which is where all the posts for stuck personnel come in.

yeah ok, I check those regulary. I decided to throw Kendrick's sorry butt in the medibay.

Then I assigned the engineers to the navitron and guess what. They fixed it and that's that. No more damage since! It's unbelievable.

I took a closer look at the AI of each officer and Kendrick's was the highest at 41 my AE was at 38 so maybe that's part of the reason. I don't know it's weird. Kinda funny now that I think about it.

I know how everybody here keeps talking about the Gamulan as being tough fighters, I tell ya I ran into Mandorian Raiders and they are pretty bad. I taken out several Gamulan with no problem, course there wasn't many of them around.

The Mand. Raiders came out of nowhere. They damaged me so bad I could do nothing just space junk. I at least had enough power and the rockets still worked good enough to kill the bass. that got me. Then I self destructed for the first time.