Is it worth to buy this game?

kdesign

HELLO COMMANDERS

My name is George, and a try to find out how to play this game and what can I do in it, since 1999 this is terrible!!! I have had a demo version of BC3000AD 2.09 and now a demo of BC3000MILENIUM. I love this kind of games BUT what can I do to play this game? Pls. help me to make a beginning!!!!!! I think in the demo ver. there are some bugs!!! But anyway I just want to play, and of course i dont mean the poor attack of hostile BC MK3 on friendly station because i eliminate it in 10 seconds!!! So! is it worth to buy this game? And what about universal combat, is it the same game? Is it more simple?

THX!

i am waiting for an anwswer!

Battlecruiser millennium is worth it. graphically wise it isnt the best game out there but you need patience to get the hang of the game. Universal combat i should have by time the mail gets here i hope it'll come today i ordered it online and then i read something about if you don't have vertex shaders it won't run period.....well see about that mister derek. damn MX440 class graphics card i have =(

but universal combat isnt the same game i don't know what it add's but the visuals are pretty good.

quote:

Originally posted by George:

ok it is worth! but tell me how to start! and something else, what other games of this kind (space sims) there are? any suggestions!

Thx for your help! i need it!

1: You need to setup your system profile like the one I have at the bottom of this message.

2: Read the manual. Run the game (keeping the manual on hand) and use the manual to try out all

the ships functions. IE: Radar, tacops etc...

3: Don't be in such a rush. As the famous Yoda is quoted "Patience, patience, you must learn patience." This is not a game you are going to learn in one sitting. But once you do it's amazing.

4: See the top right of this board

"my profile | login | register | search | faq | forum home"

Select SEARCH and type in the search box any issue you have. 100% sure you will find your answers there to any issue you may have.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

You need to setup your system profile like the one I have at the bottom of this message.

uhm, he can't. He doesn't yet own the game.

my blunder!! I forgot he was talking about the demos. Oh, these embarrassing moments. I appologize to George and SC for this mistake.

Forget the manual then and forget the System Profile just search the board for any info about a particular Ship System and just take your time working with them.

other space sims like this? Um... Well, there's Battlecruiser v1 & 2... there Battlecruiser Mill. Gold, and there's Universal Combat.

There isn't any game that does what this game does (I read the Gamespy review of BCM last week, and he even said that this game has everything!).

As for other space sims, the ones I've enjoyed are the Freespace series & Star Trek: Klingon Academy (both for under $10 now). Neigther have as many features as this one (ST:KA has many, but you can only control a starship, no small craft or FPS).

When you get the game, read the manual. Read it while using the bathroom, eating breakfast, going to bed (NOT while driving), and while playing the game. Then, read it 2-3 more times. Keep the keyboard shortcut card handy (and make a photocopy/scan it just incase you loose it).

quote:

Originally posted by George:

ok it is worth! but tell me how to start! and something else, what other games of this kind (space sims) there are? any suggestions!

Thx for your help! i need it!

George I am myself very big fan oof space sims. I played almost every bigger and most interesting sim. I didn't play Homeworld though but I don't regret. Right now 2 of my favorite Space Sims are Universal Combar and X2: The Threat. I love Universla Combat because it's the most complicated, which it makes for me the most interesting space sims out there plus it has prettu decent graphics. With some AAs and AFs UC looks very, very pretty. Especially in the space.

Another space sim I like which some people would call trade sim (I don't agree) is X2: The threat. I finished X2 couple monthes ago but very often I still catch myself on wanting to install it again. X2 has best graphics that i've seen in any Space Sim. It also has some nice points. I won't tell you much about X2 or UC and I won't tell you which one is the best. I like them both and I like to own them both. Unreal Combat gives me thrill with it's complexity which I enjoy a lot (hate simple games, get bored too fast) and pretty graphics. X2 amazes me with it's graphics and some game elements like constructable bases, factories and so on etc..

It's a real fun to play both games. So if your budget allows you I suggest you buy both and wait for UC:E2E technical demo. From what I've read UC:E2E will be a game of a smaller scope but of astonishing graphics. Which I am really looking forward to play.

Another game I like called Hegemonia: Legion of Darkness. I like it because I used to play all games of Battlestart Galactica series and Hegemonia is made by the same developer, sort of next game in BG series but of different calibr. So if you are fan of BG games you should try Hegemonia.

Well that's my 2 cents. Hope it'll help you to chose the right one, or 2 or 3 games .

Good luck.

The one that i liked the most was FreeLancer but despite it's good graphics im going to say BCMG is my favorite until UC arrives i know i'll like that game =P, but for now BCMG is my play list there is one last thing i wanted to say is...

If you ever make another in the series after UC add in a option to make a small base on a moon or uninhabited planet that you will have to defend and beable to upgrade/buy weapons for it/all that good stuff....if any future game in the series has that then it will probably by me and a few more (lots lots lots ect ect...more) people will say it is the best game in the whole universe and really has everything!

This is not a wishlist item but more as a suggestion. so don't hurt me.

thx "meras" and the other cmdrs who reply to my post! i am still confused but IÔÇÖll find my way! maybe with the UC, we'll see, until then IÔÇÖll keep seeking for your help here in forum! (thx a lot and sorry for my poor english)

sure "meras" i will buy both of them! i spent all of my afternoon in the www.the-commander.com it is an awesome site it is what i was looking for!!! and i find it through the X2! I am happy Of course I insist for the UC but by now i order the X2 I really want to play this game! I need to thx you once more for your precious help! I am 32 and I still play the ÔÇ£eliteÔÇØ and ÔÇ£frontierÔÇØ on my Amiga emulator! Am I sick?

I am 30 and I still play computer games. Doesn't matter what you play on which console. I play on PS2 different games, well I just enjoy playing. I don't know why. This addiction started when i was a kid and never ended. But I find out that my addiction gets "cooler" along with the years.

So I don't think that we are sick. Who can draw a line between when you start playing and when you should end? I think it's all up to person. If there is nothing more interesting that I could do - I'll play. Oh yes, I will. But it doesn't mean that I am total addict and sacrifice everything for games. No, I do other things too. So as soon as you play games along with other things that grown up people do I think you're alright. But go explain it to your wife . My wife plays too, so it's easy here .

[ 06-27-2004, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Meras ]

Guest bogusheadbox

Jumping on the band wagon.

I own X2. the game is great.

I am also playing bcmg now. I think BCMG is worth the money. As it has been said beofre. If you don't mind low res pictures, the game becomes quite immersive.

And until i can upgrade my comp, UC will have to stay on the shelves. :-(

You've had enough time to fix your sig. Now your profile has been deleted. When you do re-create it, if you post again before fixing it, you will be site banned.

[ 06-28-2004, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

X2 is overhyped trash. I have the game. I played it for a few weeks. I sat there amazed by the beauty of it and then like many beautiful things in this world I saw that it lacked ANY depth. Gameplay becomes tedious at best and boring at worst.

X2 trumps UC in the graphics department but little else. I would like to see a Privateer style comms system in UC (space is very quiet) but X2 gives you these viewscreens with MUPPET looking aliens and humans... it's almost embarrassing. Who did these models, Sid and Marty Kroft? (oh god I'm old)

Anyway, when I sit down and play UC, I feel like I am controlling a large vessel. When I punch up tac-ops and take a look at the sector I have just entered I feel like I am in Star Trek II when Kirk is reviewing the positions of the Reliant and Enterprise. Plotting waypoints, using more than one keystroke to get the job done... it all ads to immersion for me.

Understand this is my opinion and opinions are like ... well you know... everybody has one. If I want to play an arcade game X2 hands down wins. If I want to play a simulator it's UC all the way.

I bought x2,I was a little disappointed with how dark everything was, as well as how tedious it bacame. I guess, my eyes are'nt what they use to be.I Played with it for about 7 evenings...just long enough to get past the tutorials and get into the game real good. I agree with you, takvah, It now sits on the shelf(along with several thousand dollars of other games)

Though, I like good graphics, this comes secondary to me. there are only a few games which I LIKED, out of a couple hundred purchased over the last 10 years.!

!X2 had SOME good points, but as with most space sims.. it is truly pathetic, where these other games stand, when compared to BC/UC.

X2 is pretty interesting as far as Compaign holds your attention. After compaign finished silence and boredom begin. So I've enjoyed it till I've finished the compaign, after that it was booooring. But still one of the best games of the year.

here i am once again! thaks all of you that have reply to my post! i have the X2 now, it looks like good but it is totaly different than BCM. My next step is to bye the UC. But i have a suggestion for the BCM and UC constractors! Make a demo of the game that will include only a "game trading simulator" like X2. this demo will have 2 major advantages, first the gamer will be able to understand the gameplay and the controls via the guider and second he will not be in truble to understund how to play in the chaotic enviroment of this complex game! see you soon cmdrs!

They won't release anything like that. There is already demo out which shows pretty much what the game is like. And they won't release any demo showing "games trade simulator" because the game is barely about the trade, all BCM series games are mostly focused on military operations. X2 is much more about the trade than BCM games. To start your carrier in X2 you have to trade, but to start your carrier in UC - you have to fight soldier.

But of course it's up to you. There are threads devoted to trading routes and you can achieve pretty much by trading in UC. You can buy weapons, equipment to your ships, shuttles, new ground units and many more things.

And I REALY suggest to check TOP thread in the forum (it is in EVERY forum), otherwise soldier you will be released from any duties and taken any priviledges even to post in BCM forums. (They'll never learn ).