Megaspeeding BC

Eversor

A long time ago, I was playing BCM and I decided to lake a look at a mine. Now, for a second, lets ignore thet fact that this was not an intelligent move. So I hyperspaced to it. Instead of coming far away from it, like when you jump to a starstation , I exited hyperspace slose enough that it filled half the screen . The resulting explosion moved my Battlcruiser. Actually, I flew across the TacOps screen faster than hyperspacing speeds. I almost made it into nullspace, but I slammed down on the afterburner key with most of my body weight. Is this shock wave normal? And if so, can I trigger my own mines to do it again. It was fun.

(Oh and the reason I suspect it was the mine that did it is that the IOD was gone. Completely. That was the only damage to my ship, besides the hull/armor.)

This is entirely normal in BC3K. Simply halt the CC and deploy a full load of mines (the type that explode; in BC3K, that's the leech mine) as fast as you can. They will detonate and can send you into null-space in just a few seconds. The CC lurches backwards at a speed as high as 99999km/h. To lower the speed, move your craft's nose upward (this works in any direction but pointing the nose up works fastest). Because the CC only moves forward or backward apart from VTOL, the direction change, coupled with momentum, will slow you down faster than using any type of thrust.

This can be annoying if it happens to you when you don't expect it. But it's great fun watching pairs of NPC transports. They auto-generate 3km apart, hyperjump to the same target, and emerge in the exact same place at the same time. They bounce about half way back to their starting positions, wondering what hit them.

After about a minute and a half, these two NPC transports recharge there engines and jump again. Often the same two craft perform this process three or four times! They usually take damage and sometimes get destroyed.

Moral? Choose your Flight Officer wisely.

• 1 year later...