Misc Tech Support Issues III

Supreme Cmdr

Guest dtmullican

I think if you examine the location (coords) of the OC, you'll find that it is there, it's just off the map. I ran into this issue with the "default" planet entry point on Majoris. It was off the map, so TACOPS didn't show anything, even my CC, which was at 20k alt. Check the coords for the OC and then position your cursor on the map until the cursor coords match. The default entry for Majoris was at like 10000x10000 +/- some odd hundred or so. According to TACOPS, the N/S axis(the second number) goes from 0(center) to 5000 North and 5000 South. Hope this helps.

dtmullican

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read various parts of this board, you will notice that you WONT get tech support unless your System profile is in your SIG.

If your unsure what I am talking about, then Click here to jump to a forum topic explaining how to do it.

This goes for both of you guys.

Thanks....

My problem is disappearing OC craft. I send a shuttle to deposit an OC on the surface of a planet. Then, if I tell the OC to go into HALT mode, it disappears from the planet. Also, if I give it waypoints, then the OC goes into HALT mode, it also disappears. What appears to be happening is the model is disappearing from the game.

According to TACOPS, the OC is still on the planet. My Waypoints are still there. Also, according to PERSCAN, the crew is still alive in the vehicle. Also, I can send the shuttle down to retrieve OC. It will retrieve it, and I can re-deploy it on the planet. The OC then re-appears in the game.

Yes, I tried the Support Unit Locator tab. When the OC is visible, it appears in the TAB. However, when it disappears, it disappears from the TAB too. Any other units I have on the planet remain in the TAB.

I've repeated this on three different planets, including in the Training Mode Trion. I've also saved the game, exited, rebooted, and returned. The OC is just gone.

I tried to add my system profile in the SIG. Hopefully, it appears.

quote:

Originally posted by xierxior:

argh i was about four days into my game i just saved and when i went to reload it the game crashed. is the save file courrpted do you want to take a look or should i wait for the 1.0.06 patch and start a new game?

Send it to me so that I can take a look

quote:

Originally posted by LordMyst:

My problem is disappearing OC craft.

This problem is under investigation in the beta forum already.

[ 02-15-2002, 01:28: Message edited by: Papi ]

quote:

Originally posted by netshaman:

Hi SC, i has found one: if i dock at a naval base in earth for example, and choose the tradcom in the menu it results with a CTD.

I tried it 2 times and it is the same result.

Cheers.

Reproduced. Am on it. Looks like it was caused by a change in the previous patch. Easy fix. Thanks!

Im not sure if this is an issue or not but the pta's on some ships will not fire on stations.

Example start a new game pick a aestorm point it directly at a station or any angle and the pta's will only blink a few times never fire consistently.

Now if you use a firestorm the pta's will slash the station.

About my save game was probly coroupted eh?

[ 02-17-2002, 03:23: Message edited by: xierxior ]

quote:

Originally posted by xierxior:

Im not sure if this is an issue or not but the pta's on some ships will not fire on stations.

Example start a new game pick a aestorm point it directly at a station or any angle and the pta's will only blink a few times never fire consistently.

Now if you use a firestorm the pta's will slash the station.

About my save game was probly coroupted eh?

wtf is this doing in here? If you don't know how the turrets work (and which depends on the ship they are mounted on) ask someone who does.

And the saved game loaded fine on my end and didn't crash once.

[ 02-17-2002, 11:12: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

On 4/11/3010 at 11:59 turning to 12:00 (game time), the game does a CTD w/no error message. In order to attempt to remedy this problem, I turned all detail settings to lowest possible, and it continued to CTD at the exact same time. I then proceeded to re-load the game from about 7-10 hours earlier, and go to a different system and wait till the same point. It again crashes. It crashes even if i'm docked at a station, flying in an atmosphere, or flying in space. I'm assuming it's a bug since it's:

1. Reproducable (no matter how far back I re-load a save from, when it is 4/11/3010 at 11:59 turning 12:00)

2. Crashes the game

3. Doesn't seem to involve my system config/setup (it runs perfectly till that point)

I doubt it could be a graphics issue since it even crashes while i'm docked, but I don't know. You guys are the experts. Is my system screwed up, or is there a bug?

Out of curiosity I counted that you must have played almost 7 hrs/day every single day (on a one single profile and no retries, I assume it makes atleast one more hr/day with all saving loading etc. that I have not counted) after 1.05.00 patch was released (assuming that you are using only saved games from the 1.05.00 patch, like you should, before reporting any bugs).

If this is true you need a brake!

[ 02-20-2002, 05:12: Message edited by: Papi ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dredd:

I doubt it could be a graphics issue since it even crashes while i'm docked, but I don't know. You guys are the experts. Is my system screwed up, or is there a bug?

Send in the saved game which can be used to reproduce this problem. As Papi said, if its not from 1.0.05....well then, pray that its from 1.0.05.

And make sure you describe the problem and send in the files as requested. Any deviation from the norm and the file will be deleted on sight. And that will be the end of any investigation.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Originally posted by the Supreme Commander:

Read your email. If I wanted to write everything twice, I'd hire a mime.

lol. i know a mime whos looking for work he dont talk much tho...

LMAO!!! Now thats funny, Skyfox

Anyway, I'm going to solicit some volunteers (Skyfox, you're one of them; anyone else who wants to volunteer, let me know, then post your results.) for this assignment. I'm trying to prove a point.

Below is SpiderMan's email to me about this problem. Ignore the bit about the artifact; just like I did. Somehow he mistook the dev email for a 1-900 hint line. Fool.

quote:

I have a saved game where My asset is sitting on the second moon of Zelana. there are four full mining drones elsewhere on the moon. If I take off from the moon and leave the drones alone, nothing happens. Everything is okay, the game progresses normally AS LONG AS I DONT TRY TO GET THOSE DRONES. I have CTD'd over and over again just trying to get the contents of those drones.

I have a CTD that is reproducible.

1. load saved game

2. Go to logistix and turn on power to the systems that had been turned off while sitting on planet (basically all the systems except lifesupport, tactical, comms, etc).

3. go to VTOL and lift off the ground.

4. switch to FTOL and fly into space.

5. GO to tac-ops and observe the planet

6. set waypoints for four shuttles and have each "extract" the drone of the appropriate number.

7. go to tactical and put a pilot in each shuttle.

8. launch the shuttles.

9. Wait

10. CTD will occur just after two or three of the drones are extracted by the shuttles.

again, if I leave the drones alone, no CTD.

I even tried leaving my Asset on the planet, getting into a shuttle myself and extracting the drones one by one back to the asset (took a long time, had to change shuttles each time). Once I finally got the cargo all loaded up, all the shuttles and drones were aboard, I turned all the Asset's systems on and headed for outer space. Whammo! -- CTD.

thank you for your time.

ONE LAST THING: ?? WHY HASNT MY RESEARCH ENGINEER RECOGNIZED OR INSTALLED THE CELESTIAL ORB???

Now, download his saved game(800K). Move all your saved games out of the SAVE folder and extract his in there. Now resume his game and follow his instructions EXACTLY as shown.

I have been unable to reproduce this on the four machines I tried it on.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

LMAO!!! Now thats funny, Skyfox

anyone else who wants to volunteer, let me know, then post your results.) for this assignment. I'm trying to prove a point.

Yup, Im up for it SC. I will try it out tonight when I get home from work.

Guest Grayfox

ill d/l it now as a matter of fact cause i dont have nuffin goin on and ill get back to you sometime today.

oh and thats GRAYfox everyone loves messing with me aboot that for some odd reason

[ 02-20-2002, 17:55: Message edited by: Grayfox ]

quote:

Anyway, I'm going to solicit some volunteers (Skyfox, you're one of them; anyone else who wants to volunteer, let me know, then post your results.) for this assignment. I'm trying to prove a point.

Ok, volunteering...

I'll post my results in about 4 hours from now.

Guest Grayfox

ok, here are my results:

i downloaded the save game, followed the directions to the letter, and all 4 shuttles retrieved their respective drones without a hitch. however, when they went into RTB mode, and when the first shuttle was about to dock, i got a CTD. so i tried again, following the same instructions, and i got a CTD when the third shuttle extracted its drone.

i double checked to make sure ALL my drivers were up to date (vid, mobo, sound, bios etc), and they were.

hopefully this helps shed some light.

quote:

Send in the saved game which can be used to reproduce this problem. As Papi said, if its not from 1.0.05....well then, pray that its from 1.0.05.

And make sure you describe the problem and send in the files as requested. Any deviation from the norm and the file will be deleted on sight. And that will be the end of any investigation.

Well, it is from 1.0.05. I looked at all the links I could find though about the correct procedure for sending in saved games, and on the "System Configuration" topic link that the SC posted, it said "Topic not found" or something along those lines. I don't want to screw up the procedure for sending in the games, so could someone please post exactly what I should do with my saved game file(s), and how I de-note which ones to load/send?

quote:

Originally posted by Dredd:

Well, it is from 1.0.05. I looked at all the links I could find though about the correct procedure for sending in saved games, and on the "System Configuration" topic link that the SC posted, it said "Topic not found" or something along those lines. I don't want to screw up the procedure for sending in the games, so could someone please post exactly what I should do with my saved game file(s), and how I de-note which ones to load/send?

You didn't look hard enough. The topic is in the archives forum.