Please tell me there's a way to un-corrupt my saved file...

Annihilator

Tell me there's a way to help my saved file! It's only recently that I wanted to trantsport my marines to a planet, and now whenever I click the "setpos" button, the game crashes. Also, when I try to deploy them via shuttle, the game crashes just after they are deployed. Drones and OC's deploy fine. And even worse, it crashes whenever an OTS hits the ground. I know it's my saved file because when I try to do this stuff with a different saved file, it works 100% fine. I've spent a long time playing, and only the very first save I made wasn't corrupt.

If you need more info, tell me, and I'll give you as much as I can.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I've spent soo much time with my crew, you were right when you made the manual SC, people CAN get attached to their crew after a long time, too bad I have to start over.

BTW, I wasn't using the Quicksave option, but the game did crash when I was saving, I think thats how it happened.

[ 06-25-2004, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

How far back does your good save game go in game time. I'm asking because you should use at least three to four game slots for your main game saves. I use three. I save a game every 30 min or so. If there is a crash during one of the saves and the file gets retarded after that, I just go and reload the previous one which is only a 30 min difference. I haven't had a crash during a save yet but I do this just to be on the safe side. You might want to follow this strategy as well.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

I'm asking because you should use at least three to four game slots for your main game saves. I use three.

Exactly. There is a reason that each profile has no less than TEN slots. But I guess some people feel that I did that because I felt like it.

If the saved game is corrupt, thats the end of that.

Anyway, look for the thread which indicates who to packup and send saved games and send it in. I'll have a look later this weekend when I have time, to see if I can rescue it.

Too late, I just started playing it from the un-corrupted saves last night, and started saving over the corrupted ones. All the corrupted ones are gone.

BTW, I do use more than 1 saved slot, its just that the corrupting started very early, and I didn't notice. Should have paid attention to those random crashes a little more.

Thanks for the help guys, I now add a lot more "milestone" saves in case it gets messed up again.

I've been playing since BC3000 2.08 late starter

I still even in UC once I fill all 10 game slots copy off the entire saved game folder and rename it with the current date, sometimes I even have to put the time on them as well.