Signs you've been playing BCM too much...

Badgerius

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[*]When you are afraid that the crabs they sell at the store will blow up if you are too close.

[*]When you ask for "vagrant" at the pharmacy

[*]When you start comparing car speeds in meters/sec

[*]When you request "docking clearance" at a private parking.

[*]When you wonder why you don't have any contrails coming out of the exaust.

[*]When you check in your car if you have illegal items before going in a shopping center's parking.

[*]When, at suppertime, you ask your annoying kid to get out of the galley.

[*]When you ask the misus to go get a medpack when you cut yourself.

[*]When you stick target reticles in the car's windshield and on your glasses.

[*]When you notice the price of radine has raised at the local pumping station.

[*]When you look up for the section "spare parts" at the local Wal-mart

[*]When you try to figure out what's the AI level of your relatives.

[*]When you hide after seeing static on your tv.

[*]When you try to change the mode of your binoculars.

[*]When the phone rings and think you have a missile inbound.

[*]When you fly in an airplane and fear that intruders might beam in.

[*]When you remeber that you forgot to deploy your mining drone before going to work.

[*]When you ask your boss how many exps you need before getting a better salary.

[*]When you ask yourself if riding your car will affect your dogfighting ability.

[*]When, on a summer day, you refer to squashed flies as "combat kills"

[*]When you think your boss works for gammulans

[*]When you use "Earthcom" instead of "Nato"

[*]When you ask yourself why ISS doesn't use it's PTA turrets to destroy the incoming space debris

[*]When you ask yourself why didn't they used radiation control units when Tchernobyl blew up.

[*]When you wonder how many exps you will get for smashing the neighbours' garden gnomes.

i think's that's enough... I'm running out of ideas.

ok, has some merrit. But I think real-life leeches have to be in direct contact (near proximity) with you to do some damage, while crabs can/need to be at some distance to hurt you. And those claws are more like offensive weapons, like the turrets.

But most important of all, whenever I launched a leech in bc3k they allways kicked me right up there in nullspace or to a space junkyard. God I hate(d) them.

Well I had an Experience, played untill morning,

saving and loading saving and loading then oops time for school, had some crazy subcontious thing in my mind, thought if I "saved" current time (while helplessly napping on a couch), and later after 8 hours fresh and ready, to "load saved morning", my exhausted and shellshocked by Gommulan missiles mind was soothed and calmed by such an obvious and convenient method and deactivated itself for the next 10 hours. Slept through all my classes and through all day. Really freaked me out. Had to stay away from computer for next entire couple of days.

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: Venomous ]

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

Ok heres one and I hate to admit I'm guilty of trying it.

When you hover your finger over the controls of the microwave in work and await the tool tip to appear to tell you what each button does.

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: Emmett.hendrick ]

LMAO!!!

. . .when you never sleep or go off duty because your FF always reads N/A. . .

. . .when you sit around for a day watching the perscan to make sure your crew members really eat 3 meals a day. . .

. . .when you make assumptions on your crews' social lives based on who they eat with in the galley. . .

. . .when you wish there were a way to get inflight movies on your Storm Carrier. . .

. . .when you jog around your Storm Carrier for exercise. . .

. . .when you start beeming low AI marines onto hostile planets so you can get better ones. . .

. . .when you finally forget to turn off the Launch control when you're invaded. . .

. . .when you fall asleep at the keyboard and see a time several hours into the future and think you have found the secret time compression key

---All fun stuff and some of it is really worth trying while you're waiting for your miners to fill up.

I'm guilty of this for sooo many games.

One time I stayed up playing TFC for 48 hours straight. I think I burned the HUD into my retinas.

As for BCM, I keep thinking of looking for that quick save button before I try to merge onto the LA freeways, and of course, being able to just open up my nav comp and clicking on my destination would be great for saving time on those pesky drives.

I'm actually planning on making a little model Warmonger so I can use it to play with my other micromachines.

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

Ok heres one and I hate to admit I'm guilty of trying it.

When you hover your finger over the controls of the microwave in work and await the tool tip to appear to tell you what each button does.

Yep, same here.

*Stands, pointing at PS2, waiting for tooltips to appear*

quote:

Originally posted by T-WOPR:

Hey there Venomous

I too have tried to save real life so that I could get extra sleep. It didn't work for me either.

makes me glad I'm not alone in this

I've actually done that before,

"Hal-9000, Commander, 172832348. Name rank and serial number?"

ok, so I haven't used serial number, yet, but I have said Hi, I'm commander Hal? who are you? irl, they thought I was crazy

oh, and, *hovers his finger over his g/f waiting for tips to appear* oh it doesn't work, OUCH, she just broke my finger!

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Hal-9000 ]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grayfox

when your inlaws come to visit, and you start running around the house yelling "priority one alert!!! we have intruders on board. Marines assigned to search duty"

You start designating FATAL targets on your way to work.

when going to buy a new car you ask the salesman "how much for the OC asset??"

whilst speeding past a police officer with a radar gun, you suddenly look for the EMD activation switch

you refer to your cell phone as your commlink computer.

When looking for your child in the house, you wish you had a perscan computer installed.

thats all i can think of for now