Start of game... Stowaways!

Brian1

Got my first campaign started in Roam mode. Sitting on the bridge of battlecruiser.

Reading through the manual trying to figure out to use hyperdrive.

"Captain! A prisoner has escaped!" cried out my tactical officer

"What the?" I reply... we launched from Earth with prisoners onboard?

"Incoming enenmy vessel" screams another voice.

"What the?" I reply... we haven't even left oribt.

"Marines dispatched," calls out security.

Lock onto the enemy vessel and prepare for my first every hyperjump. Give the command.

"Combat on deck one," calls out security.

"Wonderful"... I say, "Go gettem marines."

With a single gesture all weapons are activiated, placing the defense turrests on automatic.

"A prisoner has escaped." a voice cries out.

"What the?" I say, "We had TWO stowaways?"

"A prisoner has stolen a shuttle"

"What the heck!"

*Boom* sound of automated turrets destroying shuttle... either that or I rammed the thing.

"Hyperdrive engaged"

We ha...

Time to fight the enemy cruiser.

Come out of the FIRST EVER hyper jump.

"A prisoner has stolen a shuttle"

*Boom* sound of second shuttle being destroyed.

And then into battle with the enemy cruiser.

Quickly dispatch the enemy

A post battle check reveals... two shuttles destroyed...

and two ground vehicles!!!

HEck those prisoners took off with them in the shuttles!!!

That's huge cash gone!!!

That's it! I'm going back to Galcom HQ! The starbase security officers are gonna answer for this! Stowaways indeed! Trying to make a run to an incoming warship!

Ah man my whole career is starting off in the red. I'm gonna demand Galcom gives me a fresh start to my campaign!!!

[Hey... gotta luv how the roaming events can come together. I luv this game. And the reviewer complained about not having fixed missions. What a dodo. This game rocks. ]

I know what you mean, it happend to me when I first started a game in Roam mode, havnt started another one since but does this happen everytime you launch from base when starting a new game ??????, isnt home supposed to be a safe place ???

quote:

Originally posted by ooJAYoo:

I know what you mean, it happend to me when I first started a game in Roam mode, havnt started another one since but does this happen everytime you launch from base when starting a new game ??????, isnt home supposed to be a safe place ???

No, it doesn't happen every time but should be a lessen in dealing with intruders/escaped prisoners: shut down launch control IMMEDIATELY.

LOL yeah, I've never seen that happen before. But then again, I usually play Raider, and we don't take prisoners ;-P

Heheheh ... launch control off is a must. I love sending prisoners into the shuttles when I have intruders on board, because when the intruders eventually flock to the shuttles, they'll kill the prisoners ;-)

Steve

Heh.

1 s-24 raven in sector, I deploy my 4 fighters from my nightstar carrier, order all fighters AND the nightstar to attack the lone SOB.

5 minutes of watching the 6 AI ships fight...

my 4 fighters get killed and my carrier blown to pieces.

Thats ONE mean S-24 pilot. But at least he did the gene pool a favor by removing the morons I had for crew. Bless the DELETE button