Here's a weird INTRUDER story...

kschang

This is REALLY weird...

I was cruising around Lennen, when SAS started going off. Intruder alert, apparently. So I checked PERSCAN. 1 Intruder only. No discharges, so no cloaked ships nearby. Good. Already have 4 marines on search. Decided to prep 2 more.

Then I went back to PERSCAN. Intruder is down to 62 health. He's hiding in the FITNESS CENTER. (There's a fitness center!?!?!)

My marines are wandering ALL OVER the place, but doesn't seem to be coming near the fitness center.

The screen updated... The intruder is down to 49 health!

Hmmm... What did he do? Knock over some free weights and bashed his legs?

Wait a bit more... Marines still haven't located the intruder...

Screen updated again. Intruder is down to 24 health... STILL in the FITNESS CENTER.

Marines are still wandering the halls, shuttle bay, etc. etc.

Screen updated again... Intruder's gone.

What did he do? Exercise himself to death? Suicide by jogging? Self-termination by aerobics? You be the judge...

quote:

(There's a fitness center!?!?!)

Yup, and a galley and a library. Go to http://members.aol.com/clind10107/bcmdecks.zip for some old (and possibly completely obsolete) deck pics of an mk3. These are the only ones in existence. The deck pics were scrapped when the ability to choose any ship was implemented. Too many to do.

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

What did he do? Exercise himself to death? Suicide by jogging? Self-termination by aerobics? You be the judge...

Well, you tell some people

"The only way to lose weight is to eat less and exercise"

and they'd rather die.

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

The marines were probably taking potshots at him from a closeby location. They don't necessarily have to be in the same location btw. Also, one marine may have jumped in there, took a shot, and jumped out. You might have missed the location screen update - especially if you have a high frame rate.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

The deck pics were scrapped when the ability to choose any ship was implemented. Too many to do.

Thats right. All cap ships have the same deck locations. But some ships do not have certain locations and these are then excluded by the engine.

To see what I mean, troll in the DATAASSETS.INI file and you'll see references to LEXCLUDE. e.g. the cruisers do not have a Research Lab.

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

Now I know why Resnig is such an idiot. Look at how small the library is!

LOL...my first forum posts began with questions on how I could get my crew to spend more time in the Library to boost their AI levels. What ensued was not the most graceful entry into this group.

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

Now I know why Resnig is such an idiot. Look at how small the library is!

LOL...my first forum posts began with questions on how I could get my crew to spend more time in the Library to boost their AI levels. What ensued was not the most graceful entry into this group.

hehe, I remember that one.

Anyway, most of those locations are handled by the AI and are not under player control. So for e.g., you can't force Resnig to hit the books. Though I'm sure some folks would sure like to.

On the contrary SC, I don't really want to force Resnig to hit the books. However, if we could force the BOOKS to hit RESNIG that would be a horse of a different color. Or even the bookshelf to hit Resnig, or some other heavy blunt object.

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

On the contrary SC, I don't really want to force Resnig to hit the books. However, if we could force the BOOKS to hit RESNIG that would be a horse of a different color. Or even the bookshelf to hit Resnig, or some other heavy blunt object.

You're wishing more brain damage to Resnig?

• 3 years later...

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

quote:

(There's a fitness center!?!?!)

Yup, and a galley and a library. Go to http://members.aol.com/clind10107/bcmdecks.zip for some old (and possibly completely obsolete) deck pics of an mk3. These are the only ones in existence. The deck pics were scrapped when the ability to choose any ship was implemented. Too many to do.

I downloaded this file, but it says it's invalid. I've tried Winzip and a couple of other unzipping utilities and all say the same thing "Invalid File". Does anyone still have this?

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
</font>

<font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

<strong> you can't force Resnig to hit the books. Though I'm sure some folks would sure like to. </strong></font><hr />

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">I would rather hit him "WITH" the books.

Heres a funny intruder story. i park my CC in a relatively safe spot, right next to galcom and hop in my shuttle to do a few trade runs. half way thru i notic ive got 4 intruders on board and open launch controls to combat this i send my tough a nails marines to the shuttles themselves 4 each with the rest on search. and as expected the intuders make a bline to the shuttles. i think "ha, score 1 for the good guys"..............then somehow one, just one gets by 4 guards steals the craft and flies off, with the marines..... only to be instantly shot down by the galcom. and im siting there with a missing shuttle and 4 dead troops wondering how i was gonna explain this to HQ

Heres a funny intruder story. i park my CC in a relatively safe spot, right next to galcom and hop in my shuttle to do a few trade runs. half way thru i notic ive got 4 intruders on board and open launch controls to combat this i send my tough a nails marines to the shuttles themselves 4 each with the rest on search. and as expected the intuders make a bline to the shuttles. i think "ha, score 1 for the good guys"..............then somehow one, just one gets by 4 guards steals the craft and flies off, with the marines..... only to be instantly shot down by the galcom. and im siting there with a missing shuttle and 4 dead troops wondering how i was gonna explain this to HQ

...uhm, did you happen to have doughnuts in your cargo list? If you did, then they were probably eating doughnuts and talking smack, while the intruders snuck in, smoked them and took off. :)