You know you're a NOOB when....

Matchoo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You become frustrated that you can't fire any missles on the planetary surface, and then realize you don't have any ATS or ATA missles loaded. (Ahh yes, I remember doing that one looooong ago.)

You beam yourself down to a planet and can't figure out how to get yourself back off....

- or -

You land you ship on the planet, get out of your CC, then later on you think your ship is broken because you can't get back in using 'Alt-E' (I later remembered '/' works much better)

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

you post redundant topics asking why the last topic you posted about your post being deleted was deleted.

quote:

Originally posted by street:

when you land on a planet. jump out. and start freaking out; because, your ship takes off and leaves you stranded.

Yeah, thats always a good one

When you instruct your ship to HJ and then get out and attempt to ride your ship in first person "Surfer" style only to have the ship disappear under your feet and leave you, well not going anywhere.

Then attempt to catch up with it with your jetpack thinking it won't take long it's only 300,000 klicks away.

quote:

Originally posted by jamotto:

When you instruct your ship to HJ and then get out and attempt to ride your ship in first person "Surfer" style only to have the ship disappear under your feet and leave you, well not going anywhere.

Then attempt to catch up with it with your jetpack thinking it won't take long it's only 300,000 klicks away.

LOL!!!

When you don't know what the following mean:

HUD, NID, FF, HF, LF, CVD, TDU, BCM, IA TA, NPC, Cmdr, PSP, EFP, MIM, EFM, SFM, AE, SNG, CC, ACM, PZ, FO, FC, SC, 6DOF, NO, CMO, TO, CO, MO, CE, RE, OC, SSD, TLM, TDD, INCOM, PTA, ASD, CAS, SAS, IFF, SOS, SOP, EMD, TRA, A/P, SHI, FPI, WHI, SVI, VMI, FPA, FTOL, VTOL, SAD, LTD, TIR, AID, AGL, EAI, OTS, CAP, SEAD, RTB, TACSCAN, RTM, VID, MAP, WTS, PLS, NIR, NAVSCAN, TACLINK, TACOPS, SUL, TTD, STT, EM, SAM, LWI, TRK, LCK, LNH, SSR, NRE, SRE, TAC, LOG, NAV, MNC, SHD, ENG, REC, WEP, COM, MLS, ALS, MIN, PRO, TRA (for the SSR, DC has at least one abbreviation meaning two things!), BRV, SP1, SP2, CLK, LAS, SMD, PSS, CSD, SSS, COMMLINK, SAL, ODS, TAR, OPR, RCU, GALCOM, ATV, TP, AI, IOD, ATS, FATAL, MTAR, MTD, MTI, RLI, A/B, R/R, EIC, MSL, ATA, ODS, CALS, DF, BA, CM, CK, PERSCAN, MIA, EP, ILD, STS, O2, PRL, DIE, EVM, IVM, TVM, and DJP

(I didn't know if the following should be added or not, since you can tell what they're for and their not abbreviations (that I know of) like the above mentioned: SPC, GND, AIR, and HULL.)

(Also I got all of these from the manual, all up to Section E, since section F is Mr. Smart's soapbox )

quote:

when you land on a planet. jump out. and start freaking out; because, your ship takes off and leaves you stranded.

Didn't freak out but did ask why did tha...

Thanx guys, it appears that I am not the only noob that gets into silly stuff where common logic fails me.

I am keeping my wife and kids entertained with my antics though

You have the bright idea of locking a tractor beam on a fully live (and armed) CC in the middle of a battle, thinking that you can hold the damn thing still while your turrets blow it up.

When you move by using the retros all the time. (Done it once, done it again )

Remember the old "Star Trekkin'" song?

Boldly going foreward because we can't find reverse! Only backwards.