AI AI AI and oh.....AI

shakazed

I┬┤m really interested in AI (being an elite game programmer myself ) and wonder how deep it really is in this game. Let┬┤s say I start woopin┬┤ some serious gammulan a**. I destroy a couple of stations and trade routes here and there, will this effect the overall gammulan economics, preventing them from deploying as many assets etc. Also are the npc attacks on let┬┤s say starstations just random events or do they have a bigger purpose? Actually I could prolly make up a million more questions about the AI might there be a place I can read some more about this?

Will the AI give chase beyond one sector as in the AI pursues you into other sectors when you flee? Will they even go to the lengths of following you through planet fall?

In other BC games I would often notice that I was the only large ship on the planet and I would have this sense of being the only one going about. Will a player be able to see other larger ships going independently about their business on planet surfaces or is this only evident in space?