How do you control ground vehicles

AlbietheOne

No way to control ground vehicles except fot the keyboard?

Even then there no way to move the turret outta its position of shooting straight down in front of you.

In BCM i was albe to control the ground vehi with a joystick np at all.

Ive even purchased new joysticks to alleivate the problem to no avail.

Plese put back in the BCM control option and why would you change something like that anyhows i mean its not really helping by taking away joystick control

Joystick control of vehicles will be in the upcoming patch. The entire control system was revised to support this whole WSAD control scheme and make it more the same across crafts. Since I don't use joysticks for ground vehicles (I have more sense than that), that never got implemented in the UC control scheme.

And please try to temper your posts. If you are not polite, your posting rights will be restricted. For twenty frigging dollars, you're bloody lucky I'm even considering putting in NEW code.

Is there a way to control the turret on a vehicle in a "locked view" with the turret? Let me give an example. Some of these tanks seem like they'd be decent in the anti aircraft role. If I go into a 3rd person view I can control the turrets rotation and elevation and fire - but I can't aim from 3rd person. In first person I've found a mode where I can control an aim point on the screen in front of me - but, again, I was hoping to just be able to control the turret and be looking down the gun to fire on adversaries.?.?

thanks,

Semisphere

ok so im not so smart because i want to use a joystick to control vehicles.

somehow that does not make any sense

ok so tell me how to control ground vehicles I cant seem to be able to move the turret, ill use the keyboard to control ground stuff no problem as long as i can find out how to in the manuel

As far as the price goes dont get mad at anyone for buying this game even if it was $5 it still was made by you and has your name on it

You didnt contact me to negotiate for you so i dont feel bad about what happened as far as that is concerned you shouldnt even be sharing your personal business with customers.

We have nothing to do with what happened and be happy that ppl buy your product dont complain about what i paid for it long as I didnt steal it.

Ok what if you went to purchase something? and it had a price tag on it that youve seen on knockoff brands but here is this product with this good price point on it, umm

I guess youde be a expert on pricing and say i better not buy this because my consious will feel terrible when i get home

Heck most ppl dont care if its 19 or 39 if its something they want that wont hold them back

I feel your pain but never show anger or distress at something that is not the fault of the person

Would you like us to return this product for our $19 back im sure you would not.

You dont have to patch anything far as im concerned i just will learn to control this game as you intended it to be controled ok.

SORRY I ASKED FOR HELP.......................................................

Edit: AlbietheOne read this

[ 02-08-2004, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

quote:

Ok what if you went to purchase something? and it had a price tag on it that youve seen on knockoff brands but here is this product with this good price point on it, umm Ok what if you went to purchase something? and it had a price tag on it that youve seen on knockoff brands but here is this product with this good price point on it, umm

I guess youde be a expert on pricing and say i better not buy this because my consious will feel terrible when i get home

Heck most ppl dont care if its 19 or 39 if its something they want that wont hold them back

I feel your pain but never show anger or distress at something that is not the fault of the person

Would you like us to return this product for our $19 back im sure you would not.

You dont have to patch anything far as im concerned i just will learn to control this game as you intended it to be controled ok.

SORRY I ASKED FOR HELP.......................................................

Is there something in the water this weekend?

Yeah, I've been looking at all these posts and some of them are just silly. All SC did was ask you to be polite, and what happens? The opposite of what he wanted, which has been happening alot lately. I can't wait to play UC, it's sitting down at the post office and I can't get it until tommarow. So I'll just continue looking over posts till then. I just hope this influx of disrespectful newbies cools down soon, I want the old board back.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

The game is played from the front view, not external views. No, this will never been implemented, so don't ask.

I probably didn't make my question clear. You know how in BF1942 if you control a vehicle you hit 1,2,3,4 etc to switch positions? What I'm asking is can I switch into a dedicated turret position in a vehicle - or more precisely since I'm pretty sure I can't in the current release, is there any intention to implement this in a patch or future product?

Well I am a newbie and I am proud to say that I actually managed to use a DJP to teleport to an enemy base and wreak some havoc, get reduced to 3% heatlth, crawl back to the DJP and return to base. I did find a bug where the supply station kept saying I was full on ammo when I was out. Perhaps it's because I chose a non standard weapons loadout?

Anyway, I have a friend who's already given up ont he learning curve. I'm trying to climb the mountain. Any tutorials would be great. But I am starting to "see the light" I think.

The best thing is I seem to be getting that feeling of immersion that I remember from Frontier and Elite (and no other game since).

quote:

Originally posted by AlbietheOne:

ok so tell me how to control ground vehicles I cant seem to be able to move the turret, ill use the keyboard to control ground stuff no problem as long as i can find out how to in the manuel

Its in the manual and in the manual appendix. READ THEM BOTH. THATS WHY I WROTE THEM.

quote:

Originally posted by Masefield:

Is there something in the water this weekend?

Not really. At a $20 price point, you attract a bunch of people. Most of them who have no patience and are used to playing rubbish. The rest are just rude retards.

Look, you can just press ALT, which will switch your mouse cursor into a green circle with a cross in it - That's called the "control mode". Now you can move the turret around using the mouse. To rotate the whole vehicle, use Q and E. For a quick IQ Test, press ALT-Q and "Y".

I have to add that this is really mentioned in the manual, Page 56, Chapter 6.0, under "Turrets". No matter what you think of Mr. Smart's attitude, paying 20 bucks doesn't make him your personal reading slave. Or maybe it does-.. but then, where the hell is my reading slave?