drones and intruders

ProXimity

I deployed a drone on a planet via a shuttle. Later, when I sent the shuttle back to retrieve the drone, I gave the shuttle an 'extract drone 1' waypoint after sending it back to the planet surface. The shuttle just hovered over the drone at a high altitude, and would not extract it. Is it because the drone was moving around?

Also, anyone give me some ideas on nabbing intruders before they steal my shuttles? I put most of my marines on search duty and put one on each shuttle, but the intruders still make off w/ one or more shuttles.

thanks,

ProX

quote:

Originally posted by ProXimity:

I deployed a drone on a planet via a shuttle. Later, when I sent the shuttle back to retrieve the drone, I gave the shuttle an 'extract drone 1' waypoint after sending it back to the planet surface. The shuttle just hovered over the drone at a high altitude, and would not extract it. Is it because the drone was moving around?

No not because the drone was moving around, The same thing happened to me once, and it was because I forgot to unload all the stuff in my shuttle before I sent it to get the mining drone. Had to recall it, empty it then send it back.

quote:

Originally posted by ProXimity:

Also, anyone give me some ideas on nabbing intruders before they steal my shuttles? I put most of my marines on search duty and put one on each shuttle, but the intruders still make off w/ one or more shuttles.

1st, make sure that you Prep all your marines for combat before you send them to the shuttles, if they're fighting with their hands and the enemy has guns, chances are that the enemy will win.

2nd, cut the power to launch control when intruders are on board.

Or better yet, kill the power to launch control whenever you are not launching something.

Whenever I launch a shuttle or fighter, I immediately go in and turn off power to launch control, it's a lot easier then losing a shuttle or fighter to one of those light handed intruders.

Prox,

If intruders do make it to a shuttle (even if they fail to steal it), check the shuttle after your marines have apprehended the bad guys. Most likely, they've taken a lot of your equipment and minerals and stored it in the shuttle.

When intruders steal a shuttle, they usually take other stuff with it.

Yeah they kept doing that so me in BCM, I had no Aux Life Support, all my crew (except marines) in the OCs. The intruders keep taking stuff in the shuttle.

I got my marines in the shuttle and had killed them all. Then I got the other shuttle to dock, I only had two shuttles, (I was a Raider) then fro some reason after it locked I couldn't cut power to Launch Control, I wasn't paused and the comp hadn't frozen, I then looked thru F1 and BOOM intruders launched my shuttles. I then went to cut the power, but I still couldn't. Basically I was mad. Launch Control stayed on til I ran a suicide run in the ocean.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

I figured they were burning a few while waiting for me to turn launch power back on.

Wouldn't you be nervous in a situation like that?

HEHE Yup...

IntruderA: "Holy crap!, they must have cut power to the launch bays! We're as good as caught!"

IntruderB: "Bummer, dude...you got a cigarette?"

I once had some intruders come on board and they took all of my Iridium and put it in the shuttle. Nuclear Reactor shut down causing everything to go offline. Luckily I had another shuttle that was doing a cargo sweep at the time, pull me into Wraith Station where I bought some more, but afterwards when I looked at the shuttle, there was the rest of my Iridium!

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

I once had some intruders come on board and they took all of my Iridium and put it in the shuttle. Nuclear Reactor shut down causing everything to go offline. Luckily I had another shuttle that was doing a cargo sweep at the time, pull me into Wraith Station where I bought some more, but afterwards when I looked at the shuttle, there was the rest of my Iridium!

LOL, thats a great intruder story.

I can't get enough of these intruder stories. These guys are fun.

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

LOL, thats a great intruder story.

I can't get enough of these intruder stories. These guys are fun.

They were more fun back when they used to kidnap personnel. I don't remember why I disabled their ability to do that, but some of the oldies probably remember the hilary that ensued back then. Do a search for "intruder" or "kidnap" and you might find the threads; along with other stories of their exploits. Like that one where this intruder actuall lifted an entire engine and was making off with it. Man, just thinking about it makes me burst out laughing.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

They were more fun back when they used to kidnap personnel. I don't remember why I disabled their ability to do that

You've got to put that back in there.. that sounds like too much fun.